PDA

View Full Version : So called stars and musicians!

JTImport
10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
These people have not lived in the REAL world for years! I am so sick and tired of these dimwitted people that are worshiped and waited on hand and foot trying to tell us what is good for us! Or them saying they are going to move out of this country if the person they dislike gets in office! Or like Madonna saying that Palin is not allowed at her show! Big loss! Who wants to go see a talent less old hag try and relive her glory days on stage?!!?

This is probably one of the biggest things wrong with this country! We put singers, movie stars and athletes before teachers, doctors, firemen, police officers and our military! The REAL Heroes of this country!

I said all that to say this, these people are entertainers! NOTHING more!! I am not going to tell you who to vote for just that I hope most of you have enough gray matter not to listen to what these dimwitted people who want for nothing and live in their own world tell you!

I’m off my soap box now! LOL!!

4dmin
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
These people have not lived in the REAL world for years! I am so sick and tired of these dimwitted people that are worshiped and waited on hand and foot trying to tell us what is good for us! Or them saying they are going to move out of this country if the person they dislike gets in office! Or like Madonna saying that Palin is not allowed at her show! Big loss! Who wants to go see a talent less old hag try and relive her glory days on stage?!!?

This is probably one of the biggest things wrong with this country! We put singers, movie stars and athletes before teachers, doctors, firemen, police officers and our military! The REAL Heroes of this country!

I said all that to say this, these people are entertainers! NOTHING more!! I am not going to tell you who to vote for just that I hope most of you have enough gray matter not to listen to what these dimwitted people who want for nothing and live in their own world tell you!

I’m off my soap box now! LOL!!

agreed

Deke
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I absolutely agree that we as a nation over-glorify the entertainment industry far too much. And there are definitely a lot of people that have no business talking about politics. But to use the blanket statement "dimwitted" in application to all entertainers is simply, well, dimwitted. There are many exceptions of actors that have taken active roles in politics (whether it be elected or not) that are extremely educated and could go toe to toe with any political analyst out there.

I do think it sucks (and I think this is what you do too, even if you won't admit it) is that Hollywood is in general TURBO liberal.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to trash talk the democratic party. I don't condone any extreme political views (whether they be liberal or conservative).

JTImport
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I did not say ALL entertainers are dimwitted, just most of them! ;)

One more thing, an education does not make one non dimwitted!

Deke
10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I did not say ALL entertainers are dimwitted, just most of them! ;)

One more thing, an education does not make one non dimwitted!

Haha, I can definitely agree with that :cheers:

alpine_aw11
10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Hollywood is disgustingly liberal, and they only do it to maintain their image. Not only that but they're just straight up gullible. They'll believe anything Al Gore shoves up their asses.

JTImport
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Hollywood is disgustingly liberal, and they only do it to maintain their image. Not only that but they're just straight up gullible. They'll believe anything Al Gore shoves up their asses.

You sir are spot on!! :goodjob:

DrivenMind
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Hahaha. People worship celebrities in this country because they make so much more money than fireman, policemen, teachers, and doctors. Have you seen American television recently? Have you watched the kind of tv shows little boys and girls are watching? They're being taught from a young age that Paris Hilton is a role model, that Bill O'Reilly is informed, that Carlos Mencia is a comedian, and that MTV still stands for "Music Television".

As for the generalization that most entertainers/musicians are dim witted, I'd have to respectfully disagree. Entertainers maybe. Musicians... nah.

Total_Blender
10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, people who make millions of dollars on their own terms without sacrificing their popularity to the masses. People who can engage in whatever kind of shenanigans they want and are accountable to no one. People who fly around in their private jets and sip cristal while other suffer.

Oh sanp.... I thought this was the "Career politicians and the lobbyists and CEO's who love them" thread. What are we talking about again? Oh, celebrities? Bah! Who cares :tongue1: