PDA

View Full Version : "That One" what did mccain really mean?

4dmin
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
honestly like it or not the phrase he used last night was a bad choice of words... but i would like to know what you all think he meant when he said "That One" and pointed to obama :thinking:

discuss.

B18c1Turboed
10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
honestly like it or not the phrase he used last night was a bad choice of words... but i would like to know what you all think he meant when he said "That One" and pointed to obama :thinking:

discuss.

RACIST!!!

Sammich
10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
kay kay kay guna lub diz:lmfao:

Alan®
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM

discuss.
Oh give me a break. Yea ok it was a bad choice of words I'll give you that but people are going to make a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

Frög
10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow pitiful..

I hate McCain, but please stop with this BS..

ITs worst than the lipstick BS McCain pulled..

4dmin
10-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh give me a break. Yea ok it was a bad choice of words I'll give you that but people are going to make a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

of course media is going to have a field day w/ this but i think any undecided black voters wont care too much for that comment... i think there was another to a black gentleman where mccain said something like "since you probably don't know about freddie/fannie"... some may take that as mccain saying gentleman was ignorant or not educated enough.

spin sucks but saying "that one"... um might as well called him a porch monkey... its ok i'm bringing it back :lmfao:

Sammich
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
paul the vocal racist lol

4dmin
10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
paul the vocal racist lol

i just think its fair i get to speak my mind if mccain does :lmfao:

Sammich
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
does that mean i can speak my mind...i hate yall ghost and gobbly goons

v-empire
10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
omg, leave him alone.

he is old.

twinj
10-08-2008, 12:06 PM
It is what it is. You do not refer to anyone that way, "That one". Then again what can you expect look at the time McCain was growing up.

Did anyone catch the "Caddillac gold grille" analogy McCain made?

BB6dohcvtec
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
"that one" basically saying "you people" lol

Alan®
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow people really have their headsin their ass if this is their major issue. A bad use of words that people want to now construe as racist.

bigdare23
10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
No different the word "John" in the last debate...

Sport1.3
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
OMG he used words to visually describe said persons location…TAKE HIM TO JAIL!

Vteckidd
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree 100000%. I don't think he was being racial at all and if you watch the context of the discussion it was just a normal conversation. Now if he would have said "that boy" he deserves to hVe his nuts chopped off

alpine_aw11
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Anyone who interprets McCain saying "that one" as a racist comment needs to be castrated and stripped of their right to vote.

Sport1.3
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
He's white. By default, everything he says is racist.

AirMax95
10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I saw it as bad choice of words, not racist. He once again shot himself in the foot.

You'd think being that old would give you some wisdom.

....then again, he is old and white!

McCain/Imus 08!

bigdare23
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
He's white. By default, everything he says is racist.

QFT

:lmfao:

Nomad!
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure what he meant by what he said so, I'll just say it was a bad choice of words. The point that this issue magnifies for me is the hypocrisy of many McCain supporters. When Obama made the "lipstick" comment I heard very little (if any at all) McCain supporters saying anything contrary to what the masses were lead to believe. McCain himself said (in print) that he didn't believe Obama was referring to Palin as a pig.

If you're going cry for justice & equality, it's going to have to go both ways.

twinj
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok I see what everyone is saying. Referring to someone not by their name is admirable/respectable.

Sammich
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
ill be the first to say mccain will be like cain in the beginning and kill all the brothers.....

Dirty Octopus™
10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
did anyone speak in detail about McCain's assumption that Oliver, the African American male that posed the first question, did not know about Fannie & Freddie?

Lizbiz101
10-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I think it was a just a bad choice of words, he should have known better, especially when he knows there are millions of people watching, waiting to pick apart every word he says.

v-empire
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
obama is racist.

he is not a maverick.

KBNISSAN
10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
What McCain said was just showing his ignorance. Obama is by far the best choice. McCain doesn't have a clue whats going on. He can't even look at Obama when he speaks. This just shows how much respect he has for Obama. If people want the same crap we have been going through for the last eight years vote for MCCAIN. OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan®
10-08-2008, 04:37 PM
What McCain said was just showing his ignorance. Obama is by far the best choice. McCain doesn't have a clue whats going on. He can't even look at Obama when he speaks. This just shows how much respect he has for Obama. If people want the same crap we have been going through for the last eight years vote for MCCAIN. OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the ignorant masses of this country.

Alan®
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM
If Homos vote for Obama. Deaf and Blind vote for Granddad McCain.
:goodjob:

alpine_aw11
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM

ugh......

Vteckidd
10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
did anyone speak in detail about McCain's assumption that Oliver, the African American male that posed the first question, did not know about Fannie & Freddie?
IM sorry but IMO

95% of AMerican had NO IDEA who Fannie or Freddie Mac were 12 months ago.

This is kinda like Palin not being able to answer "What is the Bush Doctrine" and other stupid questions.

99% of AMerica had no idea what the BUSH Doctrine was, and Al gore couldnt have told you what Clinton did as governor of AK, etc etc etc

Mccain wasnt saying "you didnt know them" he said "i bet many of you never heard of them before this happened" which is prob a very true statement.

How many of you knew Lehman Bros? Merrill Lynch most of you prob knew from the commercials ,etc
Its a stupid argument, IMO

BobbyFresco
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
What he said wasn't racist. It just showed his diminished vocabulary skills. No big deal.

Vteckidd
10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
oh gimem a break like Obama is the best speaker ever.

Can we get a few hundred more "uhs" everytime he speaks without a teleprompter?

Alan®
10-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Mike forget it. The democrats can do no wrong for the next 8 years.

stephen
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
oh gimem a break like Obama is the best speaker ever.

Can we get a few hundred more "uhs" everytime he speaks without a teleprompter?

lol, that's true...obama kills it with the "uuuhhh."

mccain and "herbert the pervert" seem to have alot in common though...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pCHb62kvQ&feature=related

4dmin
10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
lol, that's true...obama kills it with the "uuuhhh."

mccain and "herbert the pervert" seem to have alot in common though...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pCHb62kvQ&feature=related

thats what i've been saying lol b!tch whistles constantly :lmfao:

Nomad!
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
IM sorry but IMO

95% of AMerican had NO IDEA who Fannie or Freddie Mac were 12 months ago.

This is kinda like Palin not being able to answer "What is the Bush Doctrine" and other stupid questions.

99% of AMerica had no idea what the BUSH Doctrine was, and Al gore couldnt have told you what Clinton did as governor of AK, etc etc etc

Mccain wasnt saying "you didnt know them" he said "i bet many of you never heard of them before this happened" which is prob a very true statement.

How many of you knew Lehman Bros? Merrill Lynch most of you prob knew from the commercials ,etc
Its a stupid argument, IMO

I agree with most of your post. The issue is have is, these are the types of things that McCain's (and Bush's) campaign has relied heavily on when it favored them. I go back to the "lipstick on a pig" comment as a prime example. I didn't see or hear anyone in McCain's camp step up to clear the air until McCain finally admitted (in print) that Obama wasn't referring to Palin as a pig. The same thing goes for when McCain & his camp ridiculed Obama for the statement he made about correct air pressure in your tires saving gas. If you're going to play dirty, don't try to change the tone of the game when your game works against you.

SPOOLIN
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
i say he meant, that candidate.

I LOL'd when i heard people bring it up after the debate because i watched the whole thing and it didn't eve phase me when he said. Just goes to show, People are just stupid and will ANALyze even the most idiotic stuff.

MrsDirtyOc™
10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
kay kay kay guna lub diz:lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

metalman
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
of course media is going to have a field day w/ this but i think any undecided black voters wont care too much for that comment...

Here's my unvarnished "offensive" non PC opinion...
I don't think the 'that one' statement meant a damn thing. I know of many people who refer to another person in the room as 'that one' when they disagree on a point of discussion, I have heard that expression used my entire life...and...race/color/etc has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Furthermore, if an undecided black voter uses two words to make their choice that would be the dumbest $hit any person can do and we should seriously consider whether any person of that level of stupidity should be
allowed to vote in the first place. :2cents:

blaknoize
10-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Here's my unvarnished "offensive" non PC opinion...
I don't think the 'that one' statement meant a damn thing. I know of many people who refer to another person in the room as 'that one' when they disagree on a point of discussion, I have heard that expression used my entire life...and...race/color/etc has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Furthermore, if an undecided black voter uses two words to make their choice that would be the dumbest $hit any person can do and we should seriously consider whether any person of that level of stupidity should be
allowed to vote in the first place. :2cents:

yea right. It wasnt just offensive, it was unprofessional and inconsiderate. I surely dont think of anyone in a room whos name I dont know as "that one". We call each others cars "that one" and others things, but not other people.

So dont try and pass that BS off.

alpine_aw11
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
yea right. It wasnt just offensive, it was unprofessional and inconsiderate. I surely dont think of anyone in a room whos name I dont know as "that one". We call each others cars "that one" and others things, but not other people.

So dont try and pass that BS off.

This is a prime example of an Obama supporter looking for something to whine about. Seriously, find something that really matters to start bitching about.

metalman
10-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Obviously you're either too young or don't pay attention...people have used that expression for years....especially ones of McCains generation.
Don't let your bias (or lack of age) blind you. I dont even like McCain, but I am not going to crucify him over some dumba$$ $hit like that. People who do are too fvckin stupid to vote intelligently.

redrumracer
10-10-2008, 12:35 AM
He's republican. By default, everything he says is racist.
fixed based on liberals but lets not forget it was a republican that freed the slaves. and then got shot

Kevykev
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM
By saying "That one" he clearly mean "That choice" as in: "We have two presidential hopefuls up here"

"This one"

and

"that one"

When you choose to go "informal" you run a risk and this one clearly came back to bite Mccain.

by saying "no different" You are wrong, there's no argument.

Kevykev
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Imagine a line up of people being picked for a softball game.

I pick John

I pick Jerry

I pick Mike

I pick Jason

i pick Laurence

I pick Tyron lol?

"OK ONLY TWO PEOPLE LEFT"

I PICK THAT ONE.

If you were called "That One" instead of your name you'd be like "WTF" unless you have a -25 self esteem index.

Let's be real people.

blackboi50
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
man those politicians are always being watched at sooo much!!!!.......this will be a big deal!!! but what it all comes down to is :wgaf:........geez!!!!!!

this election is the first of its time!!!! the media is looking for everything either of these guys have to say so they can exploit it and say he is a racist!!!!!.....

like i said in the other thread by paul this is like the OJ case back in 95!!! all the black people were happy and the whites were madd!!! the decision on this election will be about the same!!!!!! :2cents:.......1

AirMax95
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
At most it was unprofessional. No matter how he meant it, Obama kept it moving.

The media's job is to blow things out of proportion.

Either way, "that one" kicking "the other one's" ass, lol!

SPOOLIN
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
this election is the first of its time!!!! the media is looking for everything either of these guys have to say so they can exploit it and say he is a racist!!!!!.....

See everyone keeps talking about how this election is historic and the first of its kind, the debates are historic, but why? Because he's black, that can be the only reason right?

but hes not black right, so whats historic?

blaknoize
10-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Obviously you're either too young or don't pay attention...people have used that expression for years....especially ones of McCains generation.
Don't let your bias (or lack of age) blind you. I dont even like McCain, but I am not going to crucify him over some dumba$$ $hit like that. People who do are too fvckin stupid to vote intelligently.

I didnt crucify him to begin with. I never doubted McCain or anything still he started running that exactly-the-same garbage. If my age blinded me I wouldnt of concidered voting for Hillary, which I initially did, cuz I myself, didnt believe this man was ready to lead nor was it his time.

So obviously, if I wasnt in the news and what will affect both my future and my childrens future, I wouldnt have anything to say. So u can assume because of my age (if u even looked) being 22 has anything to do with being a so-called "educated voter" then u would also see.

blaknoize
10-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Imagine a line up of people being picked for a softball game.

I pick John

I pick Jerry

I pick Mike

I pick Jason

i pick Laurence

I pick Tyron lol?

"OK ONLY TWO PEOPLE LEFT"

I PICK THAT ONE.

If you were called "That One" instead of your name you'd be like "WTF" unless you have a -25 self esteem index.

Let's be real people.

Ok, well in that circumstance, yes.

blaknoize
10-10-2008, 07:21 PM
See everyone keeps talking about how this election is historic and the first of its kind, the debates are historic, but why? Because he's black, that can be the only reason right?

but hes not black right, so whats historic?

No, because theres a black man "technically" an old white guy (traditional) a WOMAN and another old guy. Not including the other woman who got beat by that dark skinned guy. Thats why this is history.

metalman
10-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I didnt crucify him to begin with. I never doubted McCain or anything still he started running that exactly-the-same garbage. If my age blinded me I wouldnt of concidered voting for Hillary, which I initially did, cuz I myself, didnt believe this man was ready to lead nor was it his time.

So obviously, if I wasnt in the news and what will affect both my future and my childrens future, I wouldnt have anything to say. So u can assume because of my age (if u even looked) being 22 has anything to do with being a so-called "educated voter" then u would also see.

Umm you totally missed the point. Obviously you assumed the 'that one' comment was something other then what it was. I would definitely attribute that to your age....as its a saying well known to people my age...and older. :goodjob:

My inferred suggestion/statement is that I have little faith in voters that jump quickly to such simplistic conclusions. I have little or no confidence in their so called "education".