PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Cop Cars

90_ACCORD
10-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I was driving around today and a cop drove by and i thought to myself. who decided what type of car cops would drive? i mean really. why the impala and charger and all them? who decided and how did they decide? anyone know the answer?

Elbow
10-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Probably a hookup with American car companies and their regular touring cars.

03RCode
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Vehicle manufacturers only make a Police package on a certain vehicle or two, what determines what most end up driving is by the discount they can get through a local dealership on a certain model. When I used to work for a sheriffs office they were fixing to switch to Impala's because of the price they could save over the Charger's.

Z33_kid
10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
i belive they will stay with dodge for a while

90_ACCORD
10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Vehicle manufacturers only make a Police package on a certain vehicle or two, what determines what most end up driving is by the discount they can get through a local dealership on a certain model. When I used to work for a sheriffs office they were fixing to switch to Impala's because of the price they could save over the Charger's.

oh aight. thanks that makes sense

blackshine007
10-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I was just speaking with a cop today and he was telling me that they could get like 2 impalas for like $25k while a tahoe would cost them around $37K fully loaded. When you can get a car dirt cheap, who cares?

DUBSf22c
10-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I was driving around today and a cop drove by and i thought to myself. who decided what type of car cops would drive? i mean really. why the impala and charger and all them? who decided and how did they decide? anyone know the answer?

THE BEST COMPANY DEAL.