PDA

View Full Version : BUGDAY RACING EVENT CHANGES...

BUGMAN
10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
BUGDAY RACING EVENT CHANGES... Sat. Nov. 29th.
This is not by choice but Carolina Dragway informed me that they are not doing Saturday races anymore nor are they doing private rentals from now on.

How many people would be interested in going to SDR? I have already spoke to Ed and he says the Saturday after Thanksgiving is available if we care to venture to his neck of the woods.

They have an awesome facility and we miss going there but Carolina became a habit for Bugday. I hate to change it simply because a lot of the locals up there really got into it also but maybe we can grab some locals form their neck of the woods to continue the event with us.

Sorry for the change up but I need some input quick. We do this for you guy's every year and love doing it so please feel free to chime in.

Thanks,

Chris

AlliRae
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
im sure kyle and i will come to wherever it is :)

Exige4
10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Carolina sucks now, we used to have an event there every year, and the prices are through the roof. 10 dollars to spectate, 15 to race.. GTFO..

BUGMAN
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
im sure kyle and i will come to wherever it is :)

Cool and thanks! I pretty much count on him, Danny and several others but ya never know.

Look forward to seeing you again too!

yogi08
10-13-2008, 04:35 PM
i wana go fasttttt

Motivation
10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd be down... Anything i need to pay or anything else? lmk

BUGMAN
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
i wana go fasttttt

Buy a Honda!

I'd be down... Anything i need to pay or anything else? lmk

There will be a gate fee but it will include car, driver, etc. and spectators are usually $10. We haven't figured out if we are going to have a car limit or not but we usually do. When we get that figured out then we will be able to figure the gate/race fee. Usually it has been $30 but using a different track this year and not sure of the limit. I don't see it being more than $30 for entry, car, driver and to race.

yogi08
10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Buy a Honda!
first im buying those u joints :D

then a cold one ;)

Motivation
10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Buy a Honda!

There will be a gate fee but it will include car, driver, etc. and spectators are usually $10. We haven't figured out if we are going to have a car limit or not but we usually do. When we get that figured out then we will be able to figure the gate/race fee. Usually it has been $30 but using a different track this year and not sure of the limit. I don't see it being more than $30 for entry, car, driver and to race.

alright, sounds good man. Just lmk, definately interested in meeting new ppl and more seat time. :goodjob:

BUGMAN
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I will have this figured out within a few days and post up as soon as everything is confirmed.

Yogi you still haven't got that thing running? :thinking:

Motivation
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
You going to invite rockstar?

*runs*

BUGMAN
10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
You going to invite rockstar aka *runs*

I fixed it for ya. :eek:

Motivation
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I fixed it for ya. :eek:

lol... Nice...

yogi08
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I will have this figured out within a few days and post up as soon as everything is confirmed.

Yogi you still haven't got that thing running? :thinking:
give me a break, i had a extremely long weekend :goodjob:

I actually may be able to attach it without replacing it... who knows, im about to run outside and tinker with it. im so bored man, you have no idea.

bring me a shell with a motor so i can build something lol

BUGMAN
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
bring me a shell with a motor so i can build something lol

Get your azz up here and build your own. :eek:

yogi08
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
haha one day man, i will. but until then..... bring me a shell and motor :D

seriously though, im interested in coming out this day you have the track.

Big_Dave
10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah Dave and I will make it their for sure Chris, we were looking foward to the road trip to get some final adjustments on the Celica, thats cool. Thanks for the info about the change and when are you and Austin stopping by, Dave and I have been waiting for a 5a.m. door knock for a week now and we are paranoid as hell

Thighs
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
where is this sdr place you speak of? if its not too incredibly far, i might be down...

BUGMAN
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
where is this sdr place you speak of? if its not too incredibly far, i might be down...

Here ya go man. Would love to have ya!

http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/

cobalt9123
10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
still have to be 18 like commerce to run street cars?

SPOOLIN
10-14-2008, 10:07 PM
all this is, is a big test n tune right?

BUGMAN
10-14-2008, 10:45 PM
all this is, is a big test n tune right?

No Sir. Never has been and never will be.

Last year we had several classes including D.O.T., SS 10.5, Radial tire, 8.5 slick tire, Open, kids bike race and a few more.

We do have TNT for a few hours in the am and then more after the classes but we run the classes through fairly quick and get to it!

BUGMAN
10-14-2008, 10:46 PM
still have to be 18 like commerce to run street cars?

I am pretty sure it is 16 but I will check and make sure. Most tracks during private events are a lot more lax than when they have TNT or Class events.

BUGMAN
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah Dave and I will make it their for sure Chris, we were looking foward to the road trip to get some final adjustments on the Celica, thats cool. Thanks for the info about the change and when are you and Austin stopping by, Dave and I have been waiting for a 5a.m. door knock for a week now and we are paranoid as hell

Knock Knock it's coming.

Would love to have you guy's down there. Hopefully I will get the wife's new power plant in her ride and have her ready to go as well.

SPOOLIN
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
so there's money to be won ? Just wondering.

fawk_you
10-14-2008, 10:52 PM
hihihi, I want to be a part of this. :)

BUGMAN
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
so there's money to be won ? Just wondering.

Last year we ended up with $1,500 over and split it to between the winners. However if your looking for money racing then you may not be interested in something like this event. This event is put together strictly for fun, R&R and hanging out. There will be a good bit of grudge racing but more about people getting together and having a relaxed day at the track for a change.

BUGMAN
10-17-2008, 11:59 AM
hihihi, I want to be a part of this. :)

I miss ya and would love to have you there.

Your always welcome anywhere we may be, hell your like family now. :)

cobalt9123
10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
bump :)