PDA

View Full Version : Do yall realize what is going on right now...

Shawna
10-07-2008, 12:04 AM
..... I cant help but get a little aggrivated but it seems as tho people dont realize that something life changing just happened. I know youve said your sorries and moved on but all of the bs you are talking in these threads just dont seem as important as someones life. I know a lot of you dont know either Brett or Leisa but without them a lot of us wouldnt exist. They have both brought a lot of us to IA and have taken care of us over the yrs. I know that I may sound like a whiney little girl but damn some respect pls :2cents:

/the end

DJ Maestro
10-07-2008, 12:06 AM
x2 :cry:

BTEC
10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I thought it was just me. Bc i read the new update thread and caught myself bliking fast bc my eyes got a little wattery reaaading how brett was feeling. hit the refresh button and the thread had dropped way to the bottom of the new post list bc like 5 or 6 more completely useless threads were made ontop of it. Not saying ur life should stop considering you prolly didnt know her but......damn. its like yawl really dnt give 2 sh!ts.

Check out my car, this chick is hot, lol @this video. Yawl are some real characters.

Shawna
10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
there are a lot of us that have been around a very long time and I am personally very close to the both of them and Im sorry nothing seems important to me other than I just lost a really good friend that was on this board every damn day no matter what. im sorry take a step back even if you didnt know them and think about what is going on and how many ppl have been affected and are crying right now. think about her kids having to grow up without a mother.....

Motivation
10-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Wow, I honestly didn't even see the thread... NOT because I didn't care, but because it hurt to read it... So, I tried to stay positive and keep praying and not read the thread, and hope one day I would just see her post up again... Thanks for bringing that thread to my attention, seriously... wow... I'm at a loss for words... wish there was something we could do for Brett, he's an awesome guy... Thanks again for bringing that to my attention...

Shawna
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
i understand that it is hard to read whether you know them or not and I completely respect the fact that its hard

BTEC
10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
How would u feel if something likek this was going on in ur life and ppl just kept making stupid, i mean STUPID a$$ threads and overlooking the fact that ur whole world just hit rock bottom? And yawl are serious too, just living it up and this dude wont be right for a long time.

Motivation
10-07-2008, 12:21 AM
bump, so more ppl can read this and realize... Love ya Brett, we are all here for ya man. Hey PM coming your way sichic...

JITB
10-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Im about 300% sure that the last thing thats on anyones(esp. brett's) mind that was personally really affected by Leisa's health condition..

Just be thankful that you wake up every morning folks! And dont complain because it always could be worse..

BTEC
10-07-2008, 12:24 AM
A few ppl reading it but nobodys posting. I guess thats a good thing, kinda opening ppls eyes and making em say damn.

Motivation
10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
I put up a thread about it on GADSM.org... just for ppl to pray for Brett and everything... Every pray helps, even if he doesn't know that the ppl are praying... I am honestly just sitting back and saying "wow"... life is too short...

Vteckidd
10-07-2008, 12:31 AM
people grieve in different ways. Some pick up their life an get on with it. Others need time to get over or deal with a situation.

some people dont even know who brett an leisa are, and those people have said prayers and donated money.

This will affect all people differently, and i dont think we should sit here and say "you arent grieving the right way"

its sad, truly is. but sometimes living life is the best way to honor someones memory.

Be thankfull for what you have.

yogi08
10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
i dont really read the updates of leisa anymore, i just think of those threads being on top in our "new posts" thing as a reminder to pray another time for brett and leisa. before i left for atlanta i pmed brett and got his number, i was trying to plan on stopping by before i left to meet him. it didnt go as planned, but i tried my best.

i see what your saying blacksichic though about all these pointless threads of people bitching about the same stupid stuff they always ***** about, but you gotta remember there are a ton of ignorant bastards out there.

anywho... im rambling because i cant sleep for nothing in the world tonight. my thoughts and prayers out to leisa and brett again before i head to sleep.

my pastor has been asking me nearly everyday of updates with her because hes been mentioning her in prayer in church, so i think i really should read the threads.

BTEC
10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
people grieve in different ways. Some pick up their life an get on with it. Others need time to get over or deal with a situation.

some people dont even know who brett an leisa are, and those people have said prayers and donated money.

This will affect all people differently, and i dont think we should sit here and say "you arent grieving the right way"

its sad, truly is. but sometimes living life is the best way to honor someones memory.

True. just seems like ppl dnt really care if they keep posting like nothing is this is just another stupid thread. i dnt know what to expect really. im just mad, but whats new. im going to bed.

Thighs
10-07-2008, 12:44 AM
i dont know either of them personally, but i have followed the threads and updates. it really makes me appreciate the gifts in my life and how easily you can lose whats most important. i really have thought about everything in my life differently over the past couple of weeks or so.

but on topic, it doesnt bother me at all that people go on living as usual with this going on. to be honest, i dont blame them. this doesnt affect some people on here like it does others, hell i dont know either of them. just because i go on posting my regular bs posts doesnt mean im disrespecting either of them. you cant expect people to not live their lives as usual, especially if its not affecting them personally.

GGPIS3
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM
True. just seems like ppl dnt really care if they keep posting like nothing is this is just another stupid thread. i dnt know what to expect really. im just mad, but whats new. im going to bed.

i feel you bro.. but you have to remember that this is the whoreslounge. this isn't a private forum for just brett's friends and family. i know that may sound a little harsh, but it is what it is. if he were to have posted this somewhere with less bs... then im sure you wouldn't be seeing all the useless crap we all see on a daily basis in this forum. i know it hurts to have to see someone go through something as tough as this and you want to lash out and get angry and do whatever you can... just remember that not everyone in the whoreslounge is mature or even friends with brett. sucks to put it that way, but you almost have to expect it over here... sad **** but its the truth.

i hope yall can get through these hard times, but even more, i hope yall can be strong because thats what brett is gonna need the most.

slostang
10-07-2008, 01:34 AM
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=6045

quickdodgeŽ
10-07-2008, 05:23 AM
..... I cant help but get a little aggrivated but it seems as tho people dont realize that something life changing just happened. I know youve said your sorries and moved on but all of the bs you are talking in these threads just dont seem as important as someones life. I know a lot of you dont know either Brett or Leisa but without them a lot of us wouldnt exist. They have both brought a lot of us to IA and have taken care of us over the yrs. I know that I may sound like a whiney little girl but damn some respect pls :2cents:

/the end

Where is this stemming from? I don't see anyone showing disrespect. So what's the purpose of this? Later, QD.

Bruce Leroy
10-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Where is this stemming from? I don't see anyone showing disrespect. So what's the purpose of this? Later, QD.

exactly my thoughts...

Elbow
10-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Honestly I read the last update last night, and just had to get off of here and went to bed. I don't know either of them PERSONALLY, but it's VERY sad, I really don't know what to say.

Nemesis
10-07-2008, 07:46 AM
After almost losing my father a couple weeks ago in a cardiac arrest, I definitley can empathize some of what is going on. Just the thought of my dad passing away and knowing that the world around me wont stop was something that was hard to swallow.

Through it all, Brett will be alright no matter what happens, he knows we are here for him through anything he wants help with. Ive met and hung out with Leisa many times and sat with them at Taco Mac on many occasions and this hurts me to see what is going on :( All of this is out of our hands and all we can do is provide support without encroaching too much.

Sammich
10-07-2008, 08:00 AM

QFT I REMEMBER WATCHING TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORIES..AND THE WAY PART OF THE CAST DEALT W/ DEATH IN THEIR FAMILIES WAS THRU JOKES..SEEMS HARSH BUT THATS WHAT THEY DID...NO DOUBT..THATS WHY PRIMARILY I HAVENT POSTED A RANT THREAD SINCE BRETT HAS POSTED UP ABOUT LEISA..I WISH I COULD BRING LEISA BACK FOR BRETT..SERIOUSLY

tony
10-07-2008, 08:15 AM

Truth, and I repped you for it.

I kind of felt guilty when I saw this thread Shawna cause I know I've been bickering over BS, and I wish things were back to normal and Brett was right there bickering with us. I've kept up with every update Brett has posted, and while I havent been vocal, I'm just one of those who says prayers in silence and to myself.

Please don't take it as disrespect, I understand the situation effects those who know Brett and Leisa more than someone like me but we are all praying for the both of them and their family.

GGPIS3
10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
After almost losing my father a couple weeks ago in a cardiac arrest, I definitley can empathize some of what is going on. Just the thought of my dad passing away and knowing that the world around me wont stop was something that was hard to swallow.

Through it all, Brett will be alright no matter what happens, he knows we are here for him through anything he wants help with. Ive met and hung out with Leisa many times and sat with them at Taco Mac on many occasions and this hurts me to see what is going on :( All of this is out of our hands and all we can do is provide support without encroaching too much.

i completely know how you feel/felt... my dad is about to undergo brain surgery for 2 anerysms in 2 weeks. he just came to visit me along with making stops to see both of my sisters. i just keep thinking how sad it is that he is putting in the effort to possibly see us one last time. the chance of him surviving the surgery is 50/50... the chance of him surviving and coming out as he was is 50/50. that only leaves about a 25% chance he will survive and be as he was before the surgery. i have been a wreck just thinking about this..

Sammich
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM

while this post is truth also...it just seems disrespectful when seeing someone go thru grief and others around u just go about their lives or grieve over something else that seems minor or mundane compared to ur situation. i mean, they mean no disrespect, but at times it can seem like, they dont even care. i know the first few days after i heard about it..i only got on ia to see updates and hoped to see progress

blackboi50
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
while this post is truth also...it just seems disrespectful when seeing someone go thru grief and others around u just go about their lives or grieve over something else that seems minor or mundane compared to ur situation. i mean, they mean no disrespect, but at times it can seem like, they dont even care. i know the first few days after i heard about it..i only got on ia to see updates and hoped to see progress

QFT!!!! its either u are passionate about the person or you just dont care!!!!.......my days have not been the same since leisa went into the coma and it wont be until i hear a final verdict ((for loss of better words)))

like Bryan just said is SEEMS like everybody has forgot what is going on and is just carrying on with sh!t like its alright when really 2 caring and loving people are about to be split by god's graces at a time that i believe they didnt deserve.....

just my :2cents:

Shawna
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Truth, and I repped you for it.

I kind of felt guilty when I saw this thread Shawna cause I know I've been bickering over BS, and I wish things were back to normal and Brett was right there bickering with us. I've kept up with every update Brett has posted, and while I havent been vocal, I'm just one of those who says prayers in silence and to myself.

Please don't take it as disrespect, I understand the situation effects those who know Brett and Leisa more than someone like me but we are all praying for the both of them and their family.
Im not saying ppl are being disrespectful but im being selfish and wanting ppl to understand yes this is sad but also she's 41 and this can happen to anyone of us. Life is way to short and that has been made very apparent right now more than ever I feel as tho my world just stopped spinning and I don't know what to do. I can't blame ppl for continuing on with normal life but take a second and take it in...this could be you or someone that you are close to.

My intent is not to make ppl mad or to feel like they aren't doing things the right way but to get them to see that this is huge something that none of us can fix no matter how hard we try but we need to be more aware and take care of ourselves

Sammich
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Im not saying ppl are being disrespectful but im being selfish and wanting ppl to understand yes this is sad but also she's 41 and this can happen to anyone of us. Life is way to short and that has been made very apparent right now more than ever I feel as tho my world just stopped spinning and I don't know what to do. I can't blame ppl for continuing on with normal life but take a second and take it in...this could be you or someone that you are close to.

My intent is not to make ppl mad or to feel like they aren't doing things the right way but to get them to see that this is huge something that none of us can fix no matter how hard we try but we need to be more aware and take care of ourselves

believe me i'm sure pple who dont even know leisa and brett took at least two seconds..brett and leisa have been on my mind since hearing about it and all ive been hoping for is leisa to come back to brett:(

osnap
10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure if someone has already pointed this out, cause I haven't read through this thread entirely, but if not, let me be the first.

Just because the usual BS continues in here DOES not imply that anyone harbors and slight sentiment of disrespect, and to assume so is ridiculous. The Leisa situation is truly heartbreaking, and I feel so deeply for Brett, more so than I probably ever have for anyone else I've never met in real life. I have indicated that within the appropriate threads, and those responses are legitimate and heartfelt. Hell, I even donated some money, though admittedly not much, to try and help the cause.

BUT for you to want an internet forum to essentially shut down and become a gloomy, silent greiving outlet is a bit unfair. Not all of us know them personally, and I think I can safely say that even those of us in that category care DEEPLY about it, but we've gotta go about our ways. Hell, even some of those who DO know them well and personally may get a lot of relief out of a little humor. We can't shut things down. If you wanna grieve by not posting BS on a forum, and that helps you to realize how seriously we should take life, then by all means, do so. Others of us realize the seriousness of the situation, say our respects and give our condolences, take to heart that life is indeed short and to be treasured, and continue on with the daily grind.
:2cents:

osnap
10-07-2008, 08:57 AM
believe me i'm sure pple who dont even know leisa and brett took at least two seconds..brett and leisa have been on my mind since hearing about it and all ive been hoping for is leisa to come back to brett:(
i have the exact same sentiments, and they've been on my mind for quite some time now. I've never met them in real life, and honestly, even my online encounters have been brief, but I still have continuously hoped for the best, grieved with the rest of IA when bad news has come, and cheered when she had made some small progress. We are a collective whole, and I realize that behind these names and avatars are real people... and thats what slaps ya in the face and wakes you up.

Ed
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I've said my sorry to Brett and I am truly sad for him, but we can't stop our lives because of this just like he can't and neither can you. It's a sad day but we must look forward. If it takes a few laughs, or talking to some other people about their cars to take our minds off of it, yeah i will do it. It is not meant as disrespect.

Ran
10-07-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure if someone has already pointed this out, cause I haven't read through this thread entirely, but if not, let me be the first.

Just because the usual BS continues in here DOES not imply that anyone harbors and slight sentiment of disrespect, and to assume so is ridiculous. The Leisa situation is truly heartbreaking, and I feel so deeply for Brett, more so than I probably ever have for anyone else I've never met in real life. I have indicated that within the appropriate threads, and those responses are legitimate and heartfelt. Hell, I even donated some money, though admittedly not much, to try and help the cause.

BUT for you to want an internet forum to essentially shut down and become a gloomy, silent greiving outlet is a bit unfair. Not all of us know them personally, and I think I can safely say that even those of us in that category care DEEPLY about it, but we've gotta go about our ways. Hell, even some of those who DO know them well and personally may get a lot of relief out of a little humor. We can't shut things down. If you wanna grieve by not posting BS on a forum, and that helps you to realize how seriously we should take life, then by all means, do so. Others of us realize the seriousness of the situation, say our respects and give our condolences, take to heart that life is indeed short and to be treasured, and continue on with the daily grind.
:2cents:x2 on all counts.

Sammich
10-07-2008, 09:05 AM
I've said my sorry to Brett and I am truly sad for him, but we can't stop our lives because of this just like he can't and neither can you. It's a sad day but we must look forward. If it takes a few laughs, or talking to some other people about their cars to take our minds off of it, yeah i will do it. It is not meant as disrespect.

agreed:goodjob:

osiriskidd
10-07-2008, 09:11 AM

i personally don't know them. nor does my girlfriend. we still pray for them because we know how badly it'd hurt to be in their shoes. life can't stop because there's one tragedy going on however. the world would be at a standstill.

BTEC
10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
u all have valid reasons/points. now that ive had time to absorb what all went on lastnight i feel bad about going off like i did. but on another note :2up: to all yawl. cause i can.

tony
10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Before this heads down the wrong path lets just agree that this is a serious matter, Leisa and Brett are a part of all of us on this board on some level, and there is no need for a back and forth on the subject.

MongolPup
10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
I was actually about to do the same thing, good work Tony.

ShooterMcGavin
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM

/the end
i know you mean well but that doesn't make sense...