PDA

View Full Version : Nice Restaurants in Atlanta?

Princess12
10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Our 1 year wedding anniversary is coming up next week, and we are looking for a nice place to have dinner. We really want to avoid the usual Outback, Chilis, Longhorn, etc. Neither of us eat Seafood, and we want to stay away from Italian I think.

Any ideas on nice restaurants in the Atlanta area that won't cost us an arm and a leg?

Crazy Asian
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
BlueFin, Tierra, Fogo de Chao

Oh wait nm that cost an arm and leg.

Shawna
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
cheese cake factory

Nittanys1
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
awe away from Italian!?!? I was going to point you to Baraonda. Its my favorite Italian restaurant

Princess12
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
awe away from Italian!?!? I was going to point you to Baraonda. Its my favorite Italian restaurant

I will still check into it! Italian is not out 100% yet!

slostang
10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
nice resturant in atlanta? :dunno:

Shawna
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM

seriously i love italian :goodjob:

Elbow
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Our 1 year wedding anniversary is coming up next week, and we are looking for a nice place to have dinner. We really want to avoid the usual Outback, Chilis, Longhorn, etc. Neither of us eat Seafood, and we want to stay away from Italian I think.

Any ideas on nice restaurants in the Atlanta area that won't cost us an arm and a leg?

Already a year!? Congrats! :)

And I don't know any places to eat in ATL :(

Princess12
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Already a year!? Congrats! :)

And I don't know any places to eat in ATL :(

Thank you!! I can't believe it's already been a year! It has definitely been a great year, and we even have our first little munchkin on the way!

Dietcoke
10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Rays on the River in buckhead

JConner
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Sun Dial resturant and bar at the top of the Westin hotel in downtown. It's expensive but worth it. The resturant rotates (slowly, once per hour) to give you a great view of Atlanta.

Princess12
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Rays on the River in buckhead

Thanks for the input, but neither of us eat seafood.

.blank cd
10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I can definitly point you toward some nice restaurants, but ambiance costs $$$, so anywhere nicer than your typical Outback, Longhorn kind of place gets expensive. Ive eaten at a LOT of restaurants, here are some of my top picks. Im not gonna list seafood restaurants cause im allergic to most of it, so i dont eat there...

Sundial at the top of the Westin hotel in Atlanta is nice,(+$100 for two) been there a few times. went there for our 1yr anniversary. Great ambiance, 360 degree view of the city, give you stemware (just one) with the Sundial logo on it. Great food (steak/seafood)

Wildfire by perimiter mall. Steak and seafood. Hands down the BEST steak i have ever eaten, also pricey (+$100 for two), great atmosphere, open kitchen (you can see it from where you sit), been there a couple times, have never been disapointed.

Rays family restaurants (Rays in the city, Rays on the River, Rays Killer Creek) Also steak and seafood. Ive havent been to the City yet, other two arent AS expensive. but still be prepared to leave the better part of 100 bucks The service here is excellent, almost better than the food. but i wont knock the food at all. Occasionally they have live music

LaStrada in Marietta/Roswell, One of the better Italian places ive been to. Smaller, more quaint and nostalgic. Priced around the same as olive garden, but better quality food. and from what i remember, they have the paper tablecloths that you can draw on.

Princess12
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I can definitly point you toward some nice restaurants, but ambiance costs $$$, so anywhere nicer than your typical Outback, Longhorn kind of place gets expensive. Ive eaten at a LOT of restaurants, here are some of my top picks. Im not gonna list seafood restaurants cause im allergic to most of it, so i dont eat there...

Sundial at the top of the Westin hotel in Atlanta is nice,(+$100 for two) been there a few times. went there for our 1yr anniversary. Great ambiance, 360 degree view of the city, give you stemware (just one) with the Sundial logo on it. Great food (steak/seafood)

Wildfire by perimiter mall. Steak and seafood. Hands down the BEST steak i have ever eaten, also pricey (+$100 for two), great atmosphere, open kitchen (you can see it from where you sit), been there a couple times, have never been disapointed.

Rays family restaurants (Rays in the city, Rays on the River, Rays Killer Creek) Also steak and seafood. Ive havent been to the City yet, other two arent AS expensive. but still be prepared to leave the better part of 100 bucks The service here is excellent, almost better than the food. but i wont knock the food at all. Occasionally they have live music

LaStrada in Marietta/Roswell, One of the better Italian places ive been to. Smaller, more quaint and nostalgic. Priced around the same as olive garden, but better quality food. and from what i remember, they have the paper tablecloths that you can draw on.

Wow! Thank you!!!

.blank cd
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the input, but neither of us eat seafood.They also have steak there, and other things as far as i can remember

b00st3d-b13
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
u want a good place 2 eat im a chef at a resturant its really good should check it out friday and sat we have live r&b bands and jazz bands the resturant is kaled cafe bleu its located 1032 old peachtree dr.ste 301 lawreneville ga 30043 here is a link 2 check out the place u kan see the menu and pics of the place thanks http://cafebleurestaurant.com/index.html

Init2winit
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Fogo de Chao

Oh wait nm that cost an arm and leg.x2...Expect to spend about $150-$175 with tip for two. Google it.

Kourt
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196917

Princess12
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
x2...Expect to spend about $150-$175 with tip for two. Google it.

Yeah I looked into that today... I work practicalls right across the street from there, so I stopped in to take a look at it. A little out of my price range. The food smelled great though!!!

Princess12
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196917

Thank you!!!

b00st3d-b13
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
u want a good place 2 eat im a chef at a resturant its really good should check it out friday and sat we have live r&b bands and jazz bands the resturant is kaled cafe bleu its located 1032 old peachtree dr.ste 301 lawreneville ga 30043 here is a link 2 check out the place u kan see the menu and pics of the place thanks http://cafebleurestaurant.com/index.html go there :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

APEX i GSR
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I took my wife to some very nice restaurants in Atlanta
First one is Atlanta Grille - it is on the 2nd floor of the Ritz Carlton Hotel across from the Westin Peactree Plaza
They have a romantic room in there call the "Cheaters Room"
Its not as the name speculates it is just a room that is sectioned off from the rest of restaurant & they can make the whole dining experience very romantic

a meal for 2 ran about $120 with wine tasting
Then if you are too drunk to drive you can either walk around the city or go up to one of the suites & "Rock the Casbah!!!"

RL...
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Sun Dial resturant and bar at the top of the Westin hotel in downtown. It's expensive but worth it. The resturant rotates (slowly, once per hour) to give you a great view of Atlanta.

x2
I've been there 3 times and it's great! Scenery is great as well. Expensive dinner though. My date and I always got the appetizer, drinks, entree, and desert. Cost 150+ and I tip 20% so......

I spend about 150, depends on how much you drink...

okra1981
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
x2...Expect to spend about $150-$175 with tip for two. Google it.
That seems a bit much, me and my girl went and only spent around $110 before tip, it is pretty great though. We took a friend to the Sundial this weekend, their entrees were only around $30-40, it is when you add in a $12 drink that you start killing yourself. Again, me and my girl only spent around $100 before tip.
Also, South City Kitchen is pretty good, but it is hard to follow up Sundial. Maybe I'm just impressed easily after living in Mississippi for most of my life.

Princess12
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Has anyone tried Chima Brazilian Steakhouse in Atlanta yet?

.blank cd
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Has anyone tried Chima Brazilian Steakhouse in Atlanta yet?Its like Fogo but better

flak_monkey
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
The Ritz is VERY nice. Their brunch buffet is out of this world.

Tracy
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Two Urban Licks my fav

white_rice
10-07-2008, 06:38 PM
straight up mcdonalds lol jp

if you wanna spend a little less then cheesecake factory was always my fav.

but if your a baller then sundial lol

.blank cd
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Two Urban Licks my favthat place sounds like its full of win!:goodjob:

Princess12
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Its like Fogo but better

Are they pretty evenly matched as far as pricing?

.blank cd
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
pretty much. I liked the atmosphere better there, but if you get a chance, try both.

Princess12
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
pretty much. I liked the atmosphere better there, but if you get a chance, try both.

Well, I have a coupon for Chima lol.... so I was thinking about giving it a shot. Thank you!!

.blank cd
10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I take it from your username that your a girl. Normally i would tell guys that taking your g/f on a date + coupons = not the best way into her pants, but since it seems like you're the one providing the coupons, I'll give it the OK :goodjob:

flak_monkey
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
cheese cake factory
Cheesecake factory is STUPID. Bunch of LOUD ASS idiots pile in there when they cannot figure out what decent food is.

.blank cd
10-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Cheesecake factory is STUPID. Bunch of LOUD ASS idiots pile in there when they cannot figure out what decent food is.Cheesecake Factorys food isnt THAT bad, i'd only go there if it was a bunch of us together goin to dinner.

Princess12
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I take it from your username that your a girl. Normally i would tell guys that taking your g/f on a date + coupons = not the best way into her pants, but since it seems like you're the one providing the coupons, I'll give it the OK :goodjob:

Lol... yes, I am definitely the wife in the relationship and the budget overseer. Coupons= :D in my book!!!

Ruiner
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Aqua Blue :)

RL...
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Cheesecake factory is STUPID. Bunch of LOUD ASS idiots pile in there when they cannot figure out what decent food is.

!!!!??? I love the cheesecake factory!!!! The louisiana style pasta, cashew chicken dishes and thai peanut pasta dishes are great!!!!! OMG I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

civic95
10-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Flemings Steakhouse is really good. Taurus is pretty good too. One midtown kitchen is really good if you want something other than steak. Can't really recommend anything else based on your criteria.

Tracy
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Went to One Midtown Kitchen last night for the second time...AMAZING! Same owners of Two Urban Licks. Also from the same owners Tois (3), french cuisine and also yummy.