PDA

View Full Version : How many of you.....

Alan®
10-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Honestly think it's over and Obama can pretty much declare victory?
I honestly think it's over.

v-empire
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
you are gay.

Alan®
10-06-2008, 02:22 PM
you are gay.
:thinking: Ok great :thinking:

v-empire
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
lol.

tony
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
All Obama has to do is flip one of the states that Bush won in the last election. He is currently up in 4 or 5 of those... and McCains new tactics reek of desperation so I concur, you can stick a fork in the McCain campaign.

Revmaynard
10-06-2008, 02:46 PM
That's unfortunate.

flak_monkey
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I would certainly hop McCain is done, the fact that his VP pick is a heartbeat away from president, especially with McCain's job and the stress of the position of President, I'm scared ****less about him being elected.

bigdare23
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
I seriously dont think it's over. I want to believe it is, but if Bush could get elected 2 terms anything is possible.

4dmin
10-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I seriously dont think it's over. I want to believe it is, but if Bush could get elected 2 terms anything is possible.

:doh: i agree

v-empire
10-06-2008, 04:04 PM
thats why they start wars and hang on to them as loooong as possible!!! hahaha.. dad failed to the first time to hang on long enough to be relected. learn from yo mistakes!

at least they have some foresight strategy.

BanginJimmy
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
McCain was a sacrificial lamb for this election anyways, but he is definately not done. Its a fact that repubs always poll low, I guess its because they call home phone numbers during working hours. I wouldnt be suprised if Obama won fairly big, hell if the dems actually had a decent canidate this would have been over 6 months ago. I am wondering who the repubs are grooming for 2012 though. I really do hope its a conservative.

Alan®
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I really wanted Romney this go around but eh.

Five0z28
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't believe the ignorance of some ppl. To think that Obama bin Laden would actually make a good president? Some of the issues he is pushing for are so childish my 8 year old sister laughs at them. I mean come on, global warming? Be real. We have more important things to tend to. And some1 that changes they're mind so quickly on public tv just to tell ppl what they want to hear is far from what we need in this country....

alpine_aw11
10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
I can't believe the ignorance of some ppl. To think that Obama bin Laden would actually make a good president? Some of the issues he is pushing for are so childish my 8 year old sister laughs at them. I mean come on, global warming? Be real. We have more important things to tend to. And some1 that changes they're mind so quickly on public tv just to tell ppl what they want to hear is far from what we need in this country....

Calling him Obama bin Laden-childish and stupid. Anyone who does that obviously can't support their views with any factual base. I agree that he plays to the media far too much, and I know he's damn good at just telling people what they want to hear.

I don't necessarily think it's over for McCain, anything can happen. He definitely needs to do some drastic things to separate himself from Obama at this point, but his new campaign strategy of throwing as much **** as he can and seeing what will stick isn't going to work.

blaknoize
10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
...global warming? Be real. We have more important things to tend to.

WWWOOOOOWWWW just disregarding the other statements in this. global warming? U think its unimportant if our planets temp is rising?? That shi!ts more important than ANYONES country, cuz its our planet. Fictitious or not.

And this dude has one post, flyin up in the election forum :gay:

But I also dont believe its over for McCain either. Things do happen, but I surely wouldnt like to see him in office. :no:

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
u do realize that the biased media is over-inflating things like they did with reagan?

atm its 50/50 shot either will win realisticly.

Also it is a moot point. McCain won Georgia, so enjoy the wasted vote.

Alan®
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
WWWOOOOOWWWW just disregarding the other statements in this. global warming? U think its unimportant if our planets temp is rising?? That shi!ts more important than ANYONES country, cuz its our planet. Fictitious or not.

And this dude has one post, flyin up in the election forum :gay:

But I also dont believe its over for McCain either. Things do happen, but I surely wouldnt like to see him in office. :no:
OMG FOR THE 1000000000000000000TH TIME GLOBAL WARMING IS A FUCCING MYTH, URBAN LEGEND, LOAD OF MADE UP BULLSH1T!!!!! THE PLANET GOES THROUGH PHASES OF COOLING OFF AND WARMING UP. LOOK AT FUCCING HISTORY BOOK. DURRING THE MIDDLE AGES THE PLANET WENT THROUGH A PERIOD OF COOLING OFF THAT KILLED CROPS ALL OVER THE WORLD AND CAUSED A GLOBAL FAMINE!

metalman
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Maybe some should stop listening to the bullsheit Al Gore is passing off as 'fact'. The truth is, humans have no record of the warming/cooling trends of the earth, only a VERY short record...which really proves nothing. The rest is all theory...and not a soundly based one at that. The fact is we dont know...but somehow Al knows?? Yeah..uhhh...I think not.
Also...one thing for sure, no matter whether you subscribe to creation or evolution the notion that mankind can 'save' itself is not remotely plausible in either....no matter what Obamarama thinks. :goodjob:

JConner
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
OMG FOR THE 1000000000000000000TH TIME GLOBAL WARMING IS A FUCCING MYTH, URBAN LEGEND, LOAD OF MADE UP BULLSH1T!!!!! THE PLANET GOES THROUGH PHASES OF COOLING OFF AND WARMING UP. LOOK AT FUCCING HISTORY BOOK. DURRING THE MIDDLE AGES THE PLANET WENT THROUGH A PERIOD OF COOLING OFF THAT KILLED CROPS ALL OVER THE WORLD AND CAUSED A GLOBAL FAMINE!

thank you for doing that! I was about to go off on his ass for being dumb enough to believe in global warming.

BanginJimmy
10-06-2008, 10:32 PM
With reguards to global warming, hasnt anyone noticed that it is no longer called global warming? It is now called climate change because since 2000 the world has seen a decrease in temp without any measurable difference in the amount of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.

Total_Blender
10-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Wheres the substance behind the "OMG GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH" arguments? Care to provide any sources from peer-reviewed scientific journals? I'll believe what I have studied and read from the scientists before I'll believe Fox News, conservative talk radio, bloggers, career politicians, etc.

Alan®
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Wheres the substance behind the "OMG GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH" arguments? Care to provide any sources from peer-reviewed scientific journals? I'll believe what I have studied and read from the scientists before I'll believe Fox News, conservative talk radio, bloggers, career politicians, etc.
I will say it again. PICK UP A HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY BOOK AND READ ABOUT THE GREAT GLOBAL COOLING THAT ALMOST KILLED THE WORLD CAUSE IT KILLED THE FOOD SUPPLIES

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 10:15 AM

simple dipstick.

earth goes in an eliptical orbit. When the earth gets closer to the sun it heats up. You can witness this by driving closer to the equator. And thats just on this earth let alone our large orbit.

Water holds most of our CO2, specifically the oceans. How did it get there? Well its simple.... co2 weighs more than o2 and nitrogen. It falls to the ground basicly, that is a fact. Take a look at the earth's atmosphere. 75% nitrogen 24% oxygen, and 1% trace gasses. .04% of the trace gasses are co2.

Now why do they correlate co2 with warming? Because if i took a coke and opened it in 30 degree weather and opened the same one in 90 degree weather more co2 would be released during the hotter weather because it is called OUTGASSING.

I wont go more in to this.... its a hoax for democratic funding. Besides, even if global warming were true and we used these green peacer's model.... it would take over 800 years for it to hit us.

Its wrong because in 800 years co2 will be grass, tree, plant food.

Total_Blender
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I will say it again. PICK UP A HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY BOOK AND READ ABOUT THE GREAT GLOBAL COOLING THAT ALMOST KILLED THE WORLD CAUSE IT KILLED THE FOOD SUPPLIES

Yes I know all about that but what I am asking for is scientific proof that debunks the theory of global warming from a peer-reviewed scientific journal such as JOURNAL OF THE ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES or JOURNAL OF APPLIED METEOROLOGY AND CLIMATOLOGY &c. Regardless of your opinion on him Al Gore he did his homework when he made the presentation/film and provided all of his information based on credible sources, not just biased conjecture from Fox News or wherever.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
it was given already

4dmin
10-07-2008, 11:35 AM

just outside looking in... wouldn't "planet phases" be global warming :thinking:

the point of "global warming" is to figure out why the earth is doing what it is doing... if the earth was cooling we would call it "global cooling"... you can't take history books or the bible as reference to this b/c there isn't any scientific proof to support such history like we have today. it is pretty easy now a days to see polar ice caps melting and try to figure out why.

i'm not say either is right or wrong but fact of matter is man does play a massive role in raping this planet. now we need to figure out how to reduce it.

Maniacc
10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Unless Obama gets caught in a hotel room with hookers and blow he's pretty much got it. Actually, he'd probably still win if he got caught in a hotel room with hookers and blow. lmfao! And about the global warming part of the thread, I could add some needed information but I'll sit back for now and get entertained while I see some of you trying to prove a point only to look like buffoons in the process.

ETA: Anyone who thinks Obama is a guaranteed winner, has forgotten who provides the software on the voting machines. So lets not get all wild up til we know for a fact that McCain is outta the picture.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
i wasnt denying the planet is warming(it is very well warming). I was stating the earth goes through processes of heating and cooling long before we were even evolved and will continue long after we are gone.

I can create an experiment in my office how hot weather affects co2 outgassing.
I cant show how much co2 insulates hot air.

Besides which is more likely? a gas trapping heat? ..... (not to the effect you guys are stating)

or

hot weather disallowing the oceans to trap co2, (proven to the extent environmentalists have called out)

Im not saying we dont contribue to damaging the earth in any way either, look at china. To say humans are causing it soley is stupid.

Dirty Octopus™
10-07-2008, 11:58 AM
i havent been keeping up but what makes you think McCain is done for? :thinking:

arent you a supporter? what recent events made his campaign go sour?

Total_Blender
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, the kind of climate change the opponents of global warming cite happens on a timeline of hundreds of hears with temperature variance of just decimal points of a Celsius degree.

Thus current evidence does not support globally synchronous periods of anomalous cold or warmth over this timeframe, and the conventional terms of "Little Ice Age" and "Medieval Warm Period" appear to have limited utility in describing trends in hemispheric or global mean temperature changes in past centuries. With the more widespread proxy data and multi-proxy reconstructions of temperature change now available, the spatial and temporal character of these putative climate epochs can be reassessed.

http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/070.htm

The climate change referred to in the theory of global warming has happened during the past two centuries, and the spectrum of temperatures is increasingly hotter than in previous events of global warming periods.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.daviesand.com/Choices/Precautionary_Planning/Closer_Look/index.html

i like more non-biased/alarmist approaches. Notice... more co2 doesnt always = more temperature if we were to use these linear graphs. think even al gore used one of these.

Five0z28
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
lol this is great. I mean I'm not taking offence to anything I just enjoy heated discussions lol. As far as McCain goes he really isn't telling us anything either. As far as "climate change " I think its a bunch of BS that ppl that dont have real jobs came up with to make themselves feel important. First they talk about the ozone layer being depleted then say cars are producing too much ozone, come on make up your freakin minds fags...

Total_Blender
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.daviesand.com/Choices/Precautionary_Planning/Closer_Look/index.html

i like more non-biased/alarmist approaches. Notice... more co2 doesnt always = more temperature if we were to use these linear graphs. think even al gore used one of these.

Yeah, but the graph of temperature's peaks grow consistently higher every other year, and the temp peaks are almost always congruous to the graph of the carbon levels. Also:

As Wallace Broecker (http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/dees/faculty/broecker.html) likes to say, the Earth's climate system is "an angry beast" and one that we should not be poking with sticks, which of course is exactly what we are doing with all our carbon dioxide and other GTG emissions. We don't know exactly when or how "the beast" will react, but we do know that it eventually will. It's not a matter of whether, it's only a matter of when and how. Those of us who live in geographcal regions affected by the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation should be especially aware of how sensitive this part of "the beast's" anatomy is to poking and prodding.

bigdare23
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Someone should of push your momma down the stairs...

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
yes but if you look closer.... the temp changes first, and then co2 content catches up.

Which leads me to suspect outgassing from the oceans that hold like 99% of earth's co2. (hence the opening a coke in a cold room vs a warm one)

Five0z28
10-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah well they didn't and here I am lol:taun:

Total_Blender
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
yes but if you look closer.... the temp changes first, and then co2 content catches up.
)

The Co2 (red line) is a constantly rising curve. It doesn't have the peaks and valleys like the temp chart. The C02 level never really drops significantly in any of the graphs.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
The Co2 (red line) is a constantly rising curve. It doesn't have the peaks and valleys like the temp chart. The C02 level never really drops significantly in any of the graphs.

wait im confused.

are you worred about too much co2 suffocating us to death? or the correlation of co2 and temperature?

all im saying is co2 lags behind the temperature change. First the temp changes... then co2 in the atmosphere goes up. Anything after 1800 is obviously humans screwing with the co2 content, but the temperature is not matching.

BanginJimmy
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Anything after 1800 is obviously humans screwing with the co2 content.

why do you say this? Maybe it has more to do With global populations than it does with human generated wastes? Starting in the Mid 1800's global population has grown at an alarming pace. Only in the last 20 years has population growth diminished among industrialized nations. Only 3rd worth counties have not shown dramatic declines in population growth rate.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
why do you say this? Maybe it has more to do With global populations than it does with human generated wastes? Starting in the Mid 1800's global population has grown at an alarming pace. Only in the last 20 years has population growth diminished among industrialized nations. Only 3rd worth counties have not shown dramatic declines in population growth rate.

could be right, i dont know. :)

metalman
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
the point of "global warming" is to figure out why the earth is doing what it is doing...

i'm not say either is right or wrong but fact of matter is man does play a massive role in raping this planet. now we need to figure out how to reduce it.

The overwhelming number one environmental destructive force upon earth is....livestock. Mankind's insatiable appetite for meat and related animal products lead to clear cutting of rain forests, HUGE amounts of methane gas, contamination of ground water, chemical pollution, and more. Most 'treehugger' approach however does not address this in any meaningful way but concentrates instead on issues that will have little to no effect overall...R12 refrigerant vs R134 for example....and the like. The livestock issue is elephant in the room that everyone tries to ignore.

Lets face it, almost no one wants to become vegetarian. I bet no one here does. Yet, doing so would not only allow one to live an average of 7-12 years longer with a better quality of life, we would see huge reductions in heart disease and cancers, PLUS do much for the environment. BUT, good luck selling that concept. It just aint gonna happen. Mankind almost always strains out the gnat while swallowing the african killer bee.

man
10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
The Earth will do what it's gonna do, we can't stop it. Only the ignorant believe Al Gore is anything other than an idiot. Not saying we have no effect on the climate but to be honest global warming is only one of many possibilities for global destruction.

4dmin
10-08-2008, 11:51 AM
The Earth will do what it's gonna do, we can't stop it. Only the ignorant believe Al Gore is anything other than an idiot. Not saying we have no effect on the climate but to be honest global warming is only one of many possibilities for global destruction.

this is true but mans footprint on earth is a major deal... try getting outside of the US where there aren't regulations like we have here. like china's air quality ;)

metal man77
10-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Im so glad more and more people are seeing that global warming is bull****. Same needs to happen for Obama.