PDA

View Full Version : Misc Things to see in ATL

Gutling
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
What are some of the cool places to go? Are there any nice car/bike showrooms, museums, etc? Planning on the aquarium, and trying to find a few other places to check out.

Tracy
10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
World of Coke is cool. You can go to the visitors center at Underground and ask to speak with Mary Ann. Tell her Tracy sent you. She can tell you everything!!!!! AND they usually have coupons there.

yogi08
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
the aquarium, my dad and i went last year and had a blast. as tracy said, world of coke is cool too. i dont live there obviously but those two places are fun.

Tracy
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Eating at the Sundial is cool. It's in the Westin downtown. Expensive, but an amazing view of the city....oh and the whole restaurant spins!

http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/

This is the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau website: http://acvb.com/ (where Mary Ann works). You can find lots of stuff on there.

yogi08
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Ive always wondered what they building was, looks expensive as fawk haha!

p.s. tracy nice running into you this weekend at petit, cant believe my buddy didnt know of yalls shop and hes from your area... sad times! lol (wondering if you even know me from my user name haha)

Tracy
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Ive always wondered what they building was, looks expensive as fawk haha!

p.s. tracy nice running into you this weekend at petit, cant believe my buddy didnt know of yalls shop and hes from your area... sad times! lol (wondering if you even know me from my user name haha) mmmmmmmm. I know now. You're the one who said "I know who you are" LOL. NOT the skinny guy with the glasses right? but the other guy?

yogi08
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
nope. i was the skinny guy WITH glasses LOL

AirMax95
10-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Eating at the Sundial is cool. It's in the Westin downtown. Expensive, but an amazing view of the city....oh and the whole restaurant spins!

http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/

This is the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau website: http://acvb.com/ (where Mary Ann works). You can find lots of stuff on there.

I went there for my HS prom in 2001. Over priced is the word. The portions were small, and the food was no better than a lean cuisine TV dinner. :2up:

The view is freaking great though. :goodjob:

Gutling
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
lol might just order some water and enjoy the view then. I forgot about the woc, deff going there. I was in alaska for most of this summer with a friend of mine, and all the things to do and places to go up there were awesome, then we realized we had never even done half the stuff to do in atlanta, much less georgia.

Tracy
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I went there for my HS prom in 2001. Over priced is the word. The portions were small, and the food was no better than a lean cuisine TV dinner. :2up:

The view is freaking great though. :goodjob:

I've only had champagne up there. I figured the food would be small and lame. Most places like that are to me. I want more than a carrot and a sirloin for $185, but the view is so amazing. The elevator is fun after the champagne too :)

AirMax95
10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I've only had champagne up there. I figured the food would be small and lame. Most places like that are to me. I want more than a carrot and a sirloin for $185, but the view is so amazing. The elevator is fun after the champagne too :)

yep....

I had Salmon and a veggie = $50 ish
She had sirlon and a vegie $60 ish
then drinks and desert.....

$200ish easy!!!!! It was horrible!

.blank cd
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM

The view is freaking great though. :goodjob:You must have went on a bad day or somethin :thinking: Ive never left that place hungry. Sure, its a little pricey, but u gotta pay to play! 360* view of atlanta, free Sundial stemware. It is a definite panty dropper, proven effective :goodjob:

.blank cd
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
BTW, to the O.P. High Museum of Art is a must, I also enjoy taking walks around different spots in the city. GA Tech, Centenial Park, Atlantic Station

ShooterMcGavin
10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
stone mountain, the botanical gardens are also pretty cool places.

as for the sundial, the food is a bit overrated although the view is awesome. my recommendation, go eat elsewhere but hit up the bar there to enjoy the scenery.

EG6
10-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Tons of stuff to do at atlantic station

Nittanys1
10-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't forget to check out the Varsity!

FasTech
10-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't forget to check out the Varsity!

I was just about to put that...lolol

Nittanys1
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah i was surprised no one had said it... i had to go read through all the post to make sure it wasnt there.

rbf
10-16-2008, 11:28 PM
X's 2 on the aquarium/zoo those are actually very nice!.

G.C
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Loveshack is pretty nice too.