PDA

View Full Version : certifit door shell

dvlerin41
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
getting my car painted soon but one my doors is dented up pretty bad. Buddy of mine told me that the certifit door shells are a b**** to change. N e advice on these shells and how hard r they to swap with my doors. Would prob be cheaper then getting a body shop to fix all the dings

silversol
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
how bad are the dents? what year is the car? if its small stuff its way to much work to change a door for that. also i would try to find a used oem door from a junk yard. that new door shell will not come with all the stuff like the rubber pieces and other small stuff that you will have to change over or replace. plus i dont know if i would trust a aftermarket door shells fitment over a oem door!

dvlerin41
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
They are small but alot of them in a row. Wasnt sure if it would be worth trying to get a new door completly or just getting the paint shop to fix it.

Motivation
10-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Do you have a welder? Do you have a ball peen hammer? These two tools help... Oh, and something to cut the old skin off.... I've done two doors on a tahoe "show car", cause he didn't wanna fix the dents sense he was painting it a candy color... it's not just a thirty minute job... It'll be easier to fix the dents if they are small, more than likely.

bowdown201
10-11-2008, 07:46 AM
told ya lol