PDA

View Full Version : DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE plummets to under 10,000!!

Ruiner
10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Holy mother fawk...

As for noon, it is sitting at:

Index Value: 9,887.08

I know that most of you couldn't really care as you haven't started investing, but this is big for us that have 401ks and stock investment portfolios.

This sucks!

I'm telling you this now: if it dips below 9k, things will be BAD.

ksniperfox
10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Holy mother fawk...

I know that most of you couldn't really care as you haven't started investing, but this is big for us that have 401ks and stock investment portfolios.

This sucks!

they always come back. look on the brightside-when things do come back, i will have made even more $ bc as stocks dip, the $ i put into 401k will buy more shares while they are low.

tony
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Wish I had a good chunk of change sitting around because this thing will bounce back.

ksniperfox
10-06-2008, 11:14 AM
*runs and checks 401k account*

Ruiner
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
*runs and checks 401k account*

I wouldn't do that if I was you...

eViLMunkey
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
hello world economic depression... :hanged:

ksniperfox
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

lol i check it like once a week. its steadily been going down the past month or so. but it has still not dipped below/come close what i have invested, so no worries yet

Alan®
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
So we have lost now a couple of trillion dollars in the psat week and the people we elected just decided it was a good idea throw another trillion at it :rolleyes:

Kevykev
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM

:lmfao:

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
i have a 401k and im not worried at all.... markets go up and down. That is how it works. Too many people base their fears off the dow's numbers. Bargain prices out there, time to buy some more :)

Nismo
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
i have a 401k and im not worried at all.... markets go up and down. That is how it works. Too many people base their fears off the dow's numbers. Bargain prices out there, time to buy some more :)

I agree with flippy doors

Crazy Asian
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
/cry my 401K and my stocks were making me go O.o. Sigh oh well it's gonna go back up eventually and damn I wish I had some money to buy some stocks later.

Kyle
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.geocline.net/miscimages/Over9000_small.jpg
its over 9000?

But yeah things are going to ****, get your money out now.

Nittanys1
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
it hit the lowest its been in over 4 yrs...

Shawna
10-06-2008, 06:56 PM

yes but for the ppl that invest ALOT...it's not going to matter how much it bounces back they are going to lose a lot of money no matter what. but that is also a risk you take when investing money.

Nismo
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
stay off 4-chan Kyle!

Nismo
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
http://www.geocline.net/miscimages/Over9000_small.jpg
its over 9000?

Lol. REPS.

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
its over 9000?

worst advice ever.... gj on losing your retirement. Roll it in to a commodity but dont take a penalty + losses (although that is WAY too late now). Unless you are already retired it wont make a difference in 40+ years before you do retire.

yes but for the ppl that invest ALOT...it's not going to matter how much it bounces back they are going to lose a lot of money no matter what. but that is also a risk you take when investing money.

Unless the company you invested in is taking huge losses and is in danger of getting raped thus cutting returns, i dont see losses. this is too temporary to worry about for me. Also if you invest ALOT of money and put your eggs in a certain basket, that was dumb.

Also if your taking a hit from financials....u had over a year to hedge it.

I cant stress this enough..... DIVERSIFY. Dont try to make the big buck. Unless its for green friendly jobs. those are HOT right now. Those and tech will be pretty hot over the next couple years.

My 401k is in omnicom... which has companies from the 1900s still trucking. So this wont even phase my insulated retirement funds.

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:OMC

i know it will bounce back.

I wouldnt buy yet if you ARE trying to make a quick buck though.... see what happens tommorow. If it is rallying, which it has about a 60ish% chance of doing buy before it gets too high (before +100) and LEAVE IT. In 6 months you will have probably made 10x the amount... especially under the big loss sections.

If you want to play it to safeish, buy in to some sort of tech stock like intel or apple.

Mike Lowrey
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
LOL @ people flippin' out over market drop. :lmfao:

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
LOL @ people flippin' out over market drop. :lmfao:

dude....didnt u know?

wallstreet = our economy.... lol

the sky is FALLING OMFGWTFBBQ. BUY HIGH SELL LOW!

Vteckidd
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Holy mother fawk...

This sucks!

i said this 3 months ago

if we crash at 9000 we will be fine

if we crash at 7000-8000, we are going to be screwed for A LONG TIME.

i think the worst has yet to come........

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Nah that gay package passed is going to keep houses inflated and something else is going to bubble up.

This is what they did during the tech bubble when it popped and people posted losses. All they are doing is keeping the economy wayyyyy too heated. We are going to actually rebound before spring and then in 2 or 3 years we will crash unless someone spots it and helps us land safely.

I have no idea what the next bubble will be but it wont be pretty. Retards selling now thinking the great depression is going to hit us will make me money.

Alan®
10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Nah that gay package passed is going to keep houses inflated and something else is going to bubble up.

This is what they did during the tech bubble when it popped and people posted losses. All they are doing is keeping the economy wayyyyy too heated. We are going to actually rebound before spring and then in 2 or 3 years we will crash unless someone spots it and helps us land safely.

I have no idea what the next bubble will be but it wont be pretty. Retards selling now thinking the great depression is going to hit us will make me money.
LOL don't count on it.

GENERAL.—To the extent that the Federal property manager holds, owns, or controls mortgages, mortgage backed securities, and other assets ecured by residential real estate, including multifamily housing, the Federal property manager shall implement a plan that seeks to maximize assistance for homeowners and use its authority to encourage the servicers of the underlying mortgages, and considering net present value to the taxpayer, to take advantage of the HOPE for Homeowners Program under section 257 of the National Housing Act or other available programs to minimize foreclosures.

(2) MODIFICATIONS.—In the case of a residential mortgage loan, modifications made under paragraph (1) may include—
(A) reduction in interest rates;
(B) reduction of loan principal; and
(C) other similar modifications.

civic95
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
You will probably never have a chance to buy stocks at this much of a discount for the rest of your life. Time to "stock" up.. literally. :goodjob:

blaknoize
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
$700 billion huh :rolleyes: were'd that money go

I sure wish I did have cash though, but I cant buy just yet :(

rrutter81
10-06-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL don't count on it.

dude u are the biggest waste of life on the planet without backing it up. put substance behind it instead of being like a ***** and just saying "no"

Glad ill be retiring at 35.... how about u?

$700 billion huh :rolleyes: were'd that money go

I sure wish I did have cash though, but I cant buy just yet :(

exactly

You will probably never have a chance to buy stocks at this much of a discount for the rest of your life. Time to "stock" up.. literally. :goodjob:

smart....however wait til it bottoms out....see if there is a rally or not

Echonova
10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Glad ill be retiring at 35.... how about u? Welfare does not constitute "retiring".:lmfao: :ninja: ;)

tony
10-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Watch how good of a day it will be on Wallstreet today, the market should surge at the opening..

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 09:30 AM
+50 already...

im buying

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=intel

Kyle
10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
dude u are the biggest waste of life on the planet without backing it up. put substance behind it instead of being like a ***** and just saying "no"

Glad ill be retiring at 35.... how about u?

I doubt you're going to be retiring rich though.

Anyone can pull a half ass retirement off, I know people worth jack **** who are retired. You drive a cobalt, don't act like you're big money.

Ruiner
10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I doubt you're going to be retiring rich though.

Anyone can pull a half ass retirement off, I know people worth jack **** who are retired. You drive a cobalt, don't act like you're big money.

I'd like to know what this guy does in order to "retire" rich and whatnot. Let's see, he was born in '80 or '81, so that would make him around 27 or 28.

I wonder what he does with his life. What job does he have now? Did he go to college? Does he own a house or live at home with his parents? These are the questions that I wonder...

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd like to know what this guy does in order to "retire" rich and whatnot. Let's see, he was born in '80 or '81, so that would make him around 27 or 28.

I wonder what he does with his life. What job does he have now? Did he go to college? Does he own a house or live at home with his parents? These are the questions that I wonder...

Im a UI/Applications Engineer for BBDO Atlanta (Omnicom umbrella company)
No... i have a G.E.D.
Im also a convicted felon (due for expungement next year)
I live in an apartment and dont plan to buy a house until the market hits the bottom.(no point losing money) My rent is 850.00 a month.
I pay for everything, including my wife's education, gas, etc.
I have been vesting my 401k in Omnicom since 2001, they match .50 to my dollar.
I make 85,000 a year + bonuses (I only see 2600.00 /2 weeks of it due to taxes and my bennies)
I have virtually no debt. and almost done /w car payment.
I have full benefits, empire blue cross blue shield, metlife dental, eyemed vision, 13 holidays, 5 personal days, 5 sick days and 10 vacation days out of the year.

So yea, i can afford a beamer + 200,000 house + whatever i want off my salary however i've grown up from trying to be the "cool" guy with the best car and such. My last car was a 1996 VR4 and was a complete money sink. I wont do it again.

and the guy is right, I wont be able to retire "rich" at 35. however i will be financially independant at around 40,000 a yr. I wont stop investing in the market until it hits 80-100 a year.

and yea im 27.

Nismo
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Im a UI/Applications Engineer for BBDO Atlanta (Omnicom umbrella company)
No... i have a G.E.D.
Im also a convicted felon (due for expungement next year)
I live in an apartment and dont plan to buy a house until the market hits the bottom.(no point losing money) My rent is 850.00 a month.
I pay for everything, including my wife's education, gas, etc.
I have been vesting my 401k in Omnicom since 2001, they match .50 to my dollar.
I make 85,000 a year + bonuses (I only see 2600.00 /2 weeks of it due to taxes and my bennies)
I have virtually no debt. and almost done /w car payment.
I have full benefits, empire blue cross blue shield, metlife dental, eyemed vision, 13 holidays, 5 personal days, 5 sick days and 10 vacation days out of the year.

So yea, i can afford a beamer + 200,000 house + whatever i want off my salary however i've grown up from trying to be the "cool" guy with the best car and such. My last car was a 1996 VR4 and was a complete money sink. I wont do it again.

and the guy is right, I wont be able to retire "rich" at 35. however i will be financially independant at around 40,000 a yr. I wont stop investing in the market until it hits 80-100 a year.

Damn. Just shut down 3/4th of the people on this site that are on your case. lol. POW take that Kyle.

blaknoize
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Watch how good of a day it will be on Wallstreet today, the market should surge at the opening..

Randomly ur statement didnt ring tru this time. Its down 500+.

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Damn. Just shut down 3/4th of the people on this site that are on your case. lol. POW take that Kyle.

u get used to it.

too many kids make assumptions and eat their words.

Kyle
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Take that?

I'm far from jealous about any of that.

1. He can't spell bimmer.
2. 80/year and being "financially stable" doesn't make you rich at all.

In short, pretty much what I thought, not rich, nothing to be jealous of.

u get used to it.

too many kids make assumptions and eat their words.
My assumption was absolutely correct. You aren't rich and nothing you have am I even near jealous of. I'd rather retire rich at 50 then well off at 35. :cheers:

If thats what you want, great. But you aren't big money, know that, but yes you do have your things together esp. compared to other people on this board.