PDA

View Full Version : New Addition To The Family..

HEATON
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
So 2 days ago I got the 'kids'. Red bellied Piranhas, they arent fully grown but r close to maturity bc they r quiet red already. They grow to the tank so sadly they wont get much bigger. The first day they started goin to town on my Algea eater till i hit the tank till they stopped so they r rather friendly with it now. Also my 'Pirate' one got a lil bite on his lower tail, not sure how it happened but its still alive luckily. The 2 reg ones were bout 11$ a peice and the Pirate was half price... Anyways. here some pics.. Ill try and get a vid of them eating when i actually catch them, they usually wait till the lighst go out so it kinda screws it up.

The name are Sadam, Adolf, and the Pirate is Zyk (Zeek) short for Zyklopen or Cyclops in German.

eViLMunkey
09-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice... :goodjob: get pics of when they are feeding.. :taun:

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Coooo

HEATON
09-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Nice... :goodjob: get pics of when they are feeding.. :taun:
Its hard , like they wait till the lighst go out and only the mood lighting is on, so u dont get to see as good, ive seen them eat at teh pet shops but not in the tank yet, maybe they r still gettin use to it. idk i still gott read more.

YokotaS13
09-04-2005, 06:33 PM
arrrghhhhhh, mate.
lol nice buy

Twinturbo6
09-04-2005, 07:06 PM
where did you get them?

Cliff
09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
^he's in germany so you prolly won't wanna go to his pet store

99ITRGIRL
09-04-2005, 08:14 PM
cute

HEATON
09-05-2005, 04:25 AM
^he's in germany so you prolly won't wanna go to his pet store

Correct...lol They are sold in pretty much like every pet store around here. Its gonn be hard when i leave bc i wann bring them with me so idk.

Chuckster
09-05-2005, 08:28 AM
those dont look like pirahnas they look like PACO's(dont remmeber the full name) but yea they are part of the pirahna famliy but not pirahnas

Pirahnas have larger teeth, and are alot more aggresive

but shit if ur in germany then yea they prolly are pirahnas...just looks so like a paco

Chuckster
09-05-2005, 08:30 AM
You can get fish that look just like them at PetsMart they are called Red Bellied Pacos, just liek the dudes "Pirahnas

Twinturbo6
09-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Naww I want piranhas, real ones.... thats too cool.

HEATON
09-05-2005, 03:17 PM
those dont look like pirahnas they look like PACO's(dont remmeber the full name) but yea they are part of the pirahna famliy but not pirahnas

Pirahnas have larger teeth, and are alot more aggresive

but shit if ur in germany then yea they prolly are pirahnas...just looks so like a paco

Kinda scared me there..lol So i hadd do some research AGaIN..lol Well everywhere ive read it says PACUs eat veges and i know for fact they ate a 2'' long Goldfish, and also the pacu has a overbite, while the Piranha has a underbite to settle for their teeth. Mine dont really have big teeth, but big enough for a decent size bite on "Zyk", so i jus think they are young is why the teeth arent so big, but Danke Chuck.

quickdodgeŽ
09-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Cool as hell fish; dumb ass names. Later, QD.

HEATON
09-05-2005, 03:39 PM
HOW? They are both mean and kill.

Chuckster
09-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Kinda scared me there..lol So i hadd do some research AGaIN..lol Well everywhere ive read it says PACUs eat veges and i know for fact they ate a 2'' long Goldfish, and also the pacu has a overbite, while the Piranha has a underbite to settle for their teeth. Mine dont really have big teeth, but big enough for a decent size bite on "Zyk", so i jus think they are young is why the teeth arent so big, but Danke Chuck.

Fish will eat any thing that fits in their mouth

and i have seen 6" pacu's eat little goldfish

HEATON
09-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Yes, they have been known too, but they still look different they have like a dullish color to them. Also like i said the way the jaw is.