PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Thinking about sprayin...

amped4life33
10-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I found a Zex kit for a good price for my mostly stock mustang and I was thinkin about puttin a small shot on it. i dont think id spray more than 75 or 100 but i wanna know if its a bad idea or not...i mean im basically stock except for intake/tune/exhaust...Its a 2006 281 by the way...does anyone else do this or have any experience with it, or know if its a bad idea or not?

81911SC
10-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Dry or Wet?

amped4life33
10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
well the one i found is wet..but i dont have a really good understanding of the difference...

81911SC
10-05-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't feel like typing so

Q: What is the difference between a "wet" nitrous kit and a "dry" nitrous kit?
A: A wet nitrous kit mixes nitrous and enrichment fuel by means of an injector nozzle that is mounted before the throttle body. This mixture is then drawn into the engine through the throttle body and intake manifold. A "dry" nitrous kit injects only nitrous with it’s injector while at the same time, increasing the engine’s fuel rail pressure to feed enrichment fuel through the engine’s own injectors.

amped4life33
10-05-2008, 01:05 AM
so is one particularly better than the other...or is one safer than the other or maybe better on the engine? or does on have a power perk? i guess what im asking is what are the ups and downs of each?

81911SC
10-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Q: What is better, a "wet" or "dry" kit?
A: It all depends on the application. A "wet" kit is ideal for both normally aspirated applications as well as forced induction applications. It can require a little bit more installation time than a "dry" kit, but is easier to tune if greater than stock HP settings are to be experimented with. A "dry" kit is excellent for normally aspirated combinations that have a return style fuel system. They are very easy to install and are a great "first time" nitrous system. It is not recommended that "dry" systems be used on forced induction engines.

tdurr
10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
^^ reps to u both, i never knew the diff...

Atlblkz06
10-08-2008, 11:37 PM
All it takes is a simple google, you don't have to wait for people to feed you the answers!

With a dry nitrous kit you can have uneven distribution that can lead to bad situations. This happens because the jet is usualy int he intake. However the wet kits have a more distrubuted spray and are more even.

Go wet!

Danzo
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Ooooh yea I like it wet haha. But yea wet all the way I would say if you do decide to get into it. Btw I still want to drive you car haha. I'll let you drive the sexlude.

Kason23
10-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Yep wet is the way to go keeps things safer IMO. Or even better direct port FTW!!!!