PDA

View Full Version : HELP! diagnose my spots.

Mr. Clean
10-04-2008, 05:51 PM
upper right of each picture... wtf? i've cleaned the **** out of lens and the inside of the body... looks like it may be inside the lens on another layer of glass... how the hell do i clean that w/o taking the lens apart.

thecrazyone
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
whats with the 3rd pic, are you zoomed in?, and it dont see it in the 5th pic.

Mr. Clean
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
yeah 3rd pic didn't get resized as well as the others and i posted pic 5 because you couldn't see it, it's like the white balance cancelled it out or something :dunno:

SenorJ
10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
ok, here's the problem. you've got a bit of lint on your sensor. I've got it all over mine, dust in my case. The best way to avoid it, is to have pictures with a lot going on in the top right side of your shots. Another way is to stay away from an aperture of 6.3 or higher (stay around 1.8 or 3.5, if you use f/16 or whatnot, it'll have more depth of field, making the sensor a closer object of focus, hence the lint.) I'm assuming you know what aperture is since you have a decent camera. The reason it didnt pick it up in the last shot is because the light from the lamp wasn't your exposure bracket. if it were, the entire picture would be dark except the lamp, and therefore you'd see the lint.

if you've got a version of photoshop cs or higher, you can use the clone stamp tool to get rid of it, or search online for sensor cleaning swabs.

hope i've helped.

Mr. Clean
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM
yesssssir. thanks and repped.

jennnay
10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Camera Repair Japan does sensor cleanings for a flat rate of $49 and it's a 24 hr. turn around.

uproot
10-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Camera Repair Japan does sensor cleanings for a flat rate of $49 and it's a 24 hr. turn around.

Nemesis recommended me to them as well :goodjob:

Mr. Clean
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
i got's no money. DIY would be best, but i dont really want to eff a bunch of stuff up.

DB4LYFE ™
10-04-2008, 11:44 PM

x2

~DB4LYFE

87 Turbo II
10-05-2008, 12:38 AM
I answered this already in another thread, but here goes.

it's the sensor.

http://thorsten.smugmug.com/photos/128280619-L.jpg

dust on the lens won't show up as the dust is out of the focus range, and is so superimposed by light it has no effect. However dust directly above the photosites casts a shadow on them and makes those dark sports.

It's dust on the sensor, take a turkey baster and blow air on the sensor. DO NOT USE YOUR MOUTH nor should you use compressed ai as it is too powerful. Just put your camera on sensor cleaning mode, th emirror shoulf flip out of the way, and the shutter open, with the lens removed, and the front of the camera facing down rise the turkey baser up into the amer (do not touch the sensor) and blow a few burst of air thoroughly around the sensor. Then, keeping the camera facing down, turn it off and let themirror and shutter close. then replace the lens.

How to clean video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPrxXcwSpDE)