PDA

View Full Version : Apple vs Microsoft

sakasaku
10-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Are you a apple fan? are you a microsoft fan?
explain! why apple sux!, or why microsoft sucks!

(i am pro microsoft).....don't shoot me:D

osnap
10-04-2008, 06:39 AM
HUGE repost, and these always turn into fanboy v. fanboy.

thus, double fail.

this post has been brought to you by an Apple Macbook. :ninja:

EJ25RUN
10-04-2008, 07:39 AM
I can think of 6 other threads that make this a repost.

ksniperfox
10-04-2008, 09:05 AM
microsoft

1-its what im used to/grew up on. its more common, more convenient
2-ive used a mac before. it seems over-user friendly to the point of frustration?

im not very computer savvy, nor do i do many work related things on either. otherwise i could probably come up with more and better reasons. those are likely just the major 2 for the average joe.

sogood
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
In before The Godfather posts about how terrible Apple is... :rolleyes:

alpine_aw11
10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Don't really care. Anyone who says Apple sucks is retarded, but I don't like the Mac operating system and I wasn't about to drop a grand on a computer with a bunch of ish I will never use.

The Ninja
10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Macs just enable retards to do what regular people can do.

imbosile
10-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Apple fanboy here

Crazy Asian
10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
apple= omgosh wtfudge is this crap.

eViLMunkey
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah definite repost since I posted up the poll the first time plus this is the wrong section too since it should be under entertainment section :slap:

Mr. Clean
10-04-2008, 11:35 PM
i refuse to apologize on the size:

http://leisureguy.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/apple_evolution.jpg

04sleepa
10-04-2008, 11:45 PM
im going with microsoft for the simple fact that ive never had an issue with it. how ever on the music side of things..recording with pro tools on a g5 and a nice set up is similar to a blow job alarm clock from your girl on a tuesday lol.

tron
10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
apple = extortionist! you have to buy ****ing everything
microsoft = dumb extortionist! always ends up to be less pricey
the only apple product i support is the ipod

Nittanys1
10-05-2008, 12:28 AM
damnit i voted for the wrong computer...woops

eViLMunkey
10-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I'll stick w/ my apple still..

Stormhammer
10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Microsoft - mainly because I'm a gamer, I like my ****ing video games

I'm not into all the photo/video editing that Macs are known for

Plus a PC is easily customizeable, upgradeable, etc

and cheaper.

and I ****ing HATE the one click mouse. GOD!

VooDooXII
10-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm used to the PC...I don't think I'd take advantage of what the Mac has to offer.

Oh, and any excuse to post this picture.
http://i27.tinypic.com/al1yyu.jpg

osiriskidd
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
mac is for scene kids.

pc is for pro's.

Blitanicle99
10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Linux FTW.

Game over.

yungdz
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
It really depends what your needs are.

If your using it for media the Apple is most user friendly i you don't mind the price tag.

I love my Macbook, but if all I did was browse the net or I was a gamer I would definitely build a PC.

BB1_Luda
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
PC is win.

Gamers will prefer windows
I cant make a mac perform like my PC :lmfao:

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, ~3.2GHz
Evga GeForce GTX260 SuperClocked [702/1490/1190]
Asus M2N-SLI
3gb Ram DDR2 800 Dual Channel Gskill/Kingston
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA / 350 External
Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms Wide Native [1680x1050]
Windows Vista™ Ultimate x64 SP1

Sport1.3
10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Microsoft, because i enjoy right clicking

Ran
10-08-2008, 12:02 PM
In before The Godfather posts about how terrible Apple is... :rolleyes:We don't need The Godfather here for us to know how terrible Apple is. lol

Nemesis
10-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I will never understand why someone will compare a Software only company branded on many desktop/laptop platforms to a single entity of software/hardware such as Apple.

Microsoft fails a lot of time on lower end hardware by lower in hardware manufacturers. Its common sense people. When youve got a company like Apple doing all testing on single platform hardware it only makes sense that it will work out of the box. That is apples main drive towards consumers. While I tend to agree that PCs are more for the "custom builder", Apples work well out of the box and have a UNIX back shell working behind it for those that KNOW what they are doing. I must contend that the PPC chipset was advanced at its time and gave itself an edge over any Intel AMD platform, but now that really isnt the case.

Either way you all suck.

DrivenMind
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Ummm... Apple because my hardware is just as good, my OS is more reliable, and I can run your shitty Windows OS now if I feel like it.

Really though I've been using Macs since I was 10, and have grown up on them. PCs are cool, and I'm familiar with them as well, but I don't think they hold up.

PCs are still more handy for gaming, which is why Microsoft starting making that thing... fuck I forget what it's called.... Oh yea. The xbox 360. Although I think the distinction between what's better for gaming is going to get smaller as time goes on.

alpine_aw11
10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Ummm... Apple because my hardware is just as good, my OS is more reliable, and I can run your shitty Windows OS now if I feel like it.

Really though I've been using Macs since I was 10, and have grown up on them. PCs are cool, and I'm familiar with them as well, but I don't think they hold up.

PCs are still more handy for gaming, which is why Microsoft starting making that thing... fuck I forget what it's called.... Oh yea. The xbox 360. Although I think the distinction between what's better for gaming is going to get smaller as time goes on.

I'm assuming you're referring to Vista. I have heard of problems others have experienced, but I haven't had one little tiny problem.

I think people are going to be biased to what they are used to working with. I prefer PC because I don't feel like needlessly spending 1200 dollars, but Macs are still nice. And good point on the gaming, console games are where it's at. I never liked computer games.

COGCaviZ24
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
i prefer Microsoft. i'm familiar with Apple's Os, I've owned a iPod(for a short period of time), and i've owned a iPhone( for a short period of time as well), and they are designed for their intended market. just no for me. I use XP pro, prefer a Zune over an ipod, and iPhone just doesn't compare to having a PC in your pocket with Windows Mobile 6.1 modified on a HTC 8925.

the only that makes me jealous of Apple is that the Zune doesn't have no ware near the accessories that the iPod has.

civic95
10-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Apple really has nice designs with a great fit and finish. Even the way the power adapter attaches to the macbook pro was well thought out . It is held on by a magnet so if you trip over the cord you don't need another motherboard. With that said the Mac OS is not 100% reliable. Mine locks up from time to time, and I have to hold the power button down, and restart it. Boot Camp is okay. I have used it to load XP on it as well, but I cannot download any windows updates. It says there is not enough free space (even thought there is 40GB free on that partition). The Mac OS really doesn't do anything more for me. I can do everything I need in XP. IMO it's not worth the extra $1500 compared to a nice toshiba with XP or Vista. If you do get an apple I would get the macbook air. I bought the macbook pro so I wouldn't need to carry the external CD/DVDRW with me. I've only used the drive once, and that was to install XP. I wish I would of got the air now.