PDA

View Full Version : Misc Suicide...

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2005, 08:45 AM
What are your views on this as far as the church goes? Am I right in thinking that it is a major sin? I've heard it was very wrong(church-wise) because you are basically killing something God made in his own image, which, in turn, says you are killing God, himself. Later, QD.

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
I can't really explain my position on suicide... but I do feel it does keep you out of heaven... Any non-uncontrollable death... For instance if somebody REALLY wanted to die... just go to a bad part of town and start throwing punches, somebodies gonna kill your ass... but still suicide. Can't explain why I think it's an instant "no heaven" move.. but i feel that it is.

SwiftGTiRacer
09-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I feel no matter what suicide is the worst of all sins. I got different views on it but i don't feel its forgivable. Catholics believe all sins are forgivable except suicide.

Swifty

Negrodamus
09-04-2005, 10:34 AM
killing something God made in his own image, which, in turn, says you are killing God, himself.

True dat
Suicide=Rot in Hell. People that kill themselves are the biggest pussies to ever walk the planet. The funny thing is is for someone to "escape" LIFE they kill themselves for a ETERNITY of damnation. LMAO

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2005, 10:43 AM
^^^ Lolol. That's a good way to put it.

If you go to Hell for suicide and you commit suicide because your life is hell.....hmmmmmmm. WTF?!?!? Lolol. Later, QD.

C22H19N3O4
09-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Catholics believe all sins are forgivable except suicide.

Yeah, Priests molesting innocent alter boys is forgivable. :rolleyes:

Julio
09-04-2005, 12:39 PM

Lol...

My unlce hunged himself last week. Crazy shit. I guess we know where his going then.

SwiftGTiRacer
09-04-2005, 01:23 PM

If the priest is sincere about it and redeems himself, yes. Killing is also forgivable and along with other things. Hard to believe but i guess thats where faith comes in.

Swifty

Kevykev
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Lol...

My unlce hunged himself last week. Crazy shit. I guess we know where his going then.

Seriously Man?

lol @ the preist joke.

Hulud
09-05-2005, 12:09 AM
because you are basically killing something God made in his own image, which, in turn, says you are killing God, himself. Later, QD.
if this was true why would 'god' let someone kill themselves?
why would god let there be genocide?
why would god create katrina and kill hundreds or thousands of people?
why would god let priests live who molest people yet let innocent people die in random accidents?

ahmonrah
09-05-2005, 12:39 AM
if this was true why would 'god' let someone kill themselves? god gave man free will

why would god let there be genocide? NATURAL SELECTION MAYBE ??COULDNT TELL YOU.

why would god create katrina and kill hundreds or thousands of people? DONT KNOW..why are we born to die ?

why would god let priests live who molest people yet let innocent people die in random accidents? i dont know but the saying "the good mostly die young" comes to mind though...

ahmonrah
09-05-2005, 12:41 AM
but on the subject of suicide...for me personally, no matter how bad things may get in the world, self termination is never,NEVER an option i'd use.

ISAtlanta300
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
if this was true why would 'god' let someone kill themselves??

God does not let them kill themselves. Free will. Just like God does not let you "not believe' in him. That is your choice.

That would be like asking the question "Who do God let people kill each other / murder each other". Again. It is not God that does it.

See: Revelations

why would god let priests live who molest people yet let innocent people die in random accidents?

He has something different in mind for those priests.

PSINXS
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
suicide shows u have no respect for life and it is wrong.

Brett
09-10-2005, 03:49 PM
^^The only thing it shows is you have no respect for the lives around you, I dont see how killing yourself show you have no respect for anything living. It just shows how selfish a person is to think of thier needs only and not care how it will affect the family and friends arund them.

Leisa
09-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I feel that suicide is the easy way out...

Kevykev
09-10-2005, 03:56 PM

those questions are improper, it's not about god "LETTING" anything happen!

There are answers to us that are unfathomable to our minds, we are not supposed to understand the reason for every occurance!

PSINXS
09-10-2005, 05:35 PM
god allows us free will. he cany interfere with everything. kevin u are wondering why god permits suffering. i got alil something that can explain that. pm me one day

Kevykev
09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
kevin u are wondering why god permits suffering. i got alil something that can explain that. pm me one day

???

That was DULUTH AKA HULUD inquiring not me!

I have a general understanding of why things are the way they are.

What lead you to think that i asked the ?'s (just wondering) But thanks though Brandon. :bigok:

RandomGuy
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I feel that suicide is the easy way out...
for some reason i dont agree... i think suicide is straight stupid. Again i think someone has to have some marbles loose to even contemplate it. No matter how bad shit gets... logically... having shit to begin with is better than not having any shit at all... whether it be good shit or bad shit..
anyone catch my drift?

quickdodgeŽ
09-10-2005, 11:01 PM
???

I've asked that question several times on here. Later, QD.

Hulud
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
???

I have a general understanding of why things are the way they are.

What lead you to think that i asked the ?'s (just wondering) But thanks though Brandon. :bigok:
DULUTH? wtf? lol

Kevykev
09-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Come on man HULUD Reverse is DULUH add a "T" Between the "U" & "H" Nah Mean?

I think God allowing a person to commit suicide is the same as God allowing us to choose our denomination. "Free Will" as previously stated, is a variable in our lives.

We're not just puppets in a play people.

Leisa
09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
very well said Kevin

Leisa
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
god allows us free will. he cany interfere with everything. kevin u are wondering why god permits suffering. i got alil something that can explain that. pm me one day

unfortunately without suffering there would be no compassion

Kevykev
09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
^ very true!

Wedge
09-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Maybe it's just my Bible, but I can't find any place where it says that suicide sends you to hell. I think that whole thing was made up to keep the Christians from killing themselves when they went through persecution. Suicide is a sin. Just like everyother sin Jesus died on the cross for. Not unforgivable.

blacknightteg
09-12-2005, 07:51 AM
its fucking stupid religiously or not

LaurenK
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
The answer...

Some people believe that all who commit suicide go immediately to Hell. However, the Bible never says if this is the case. The Bible is silent on this issue. God probably did not address it in black in white for a good reason. If we knew that we would still go to Heaven if we killed ourselves, there would probably be a lot more suicides taking place than there already are. However, if we knew that all who killed themselves were automatically banished to Hell, no matter what their situation, it may be too much for the grief-stricken family and friends to bear. Murder and suicide are not unpardonable sins. The only unforgivable sins are rejecting Christ (Mark 16:16) and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

(Mark 3:28-29 KJV) Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

All other sins can be forgiven. However, anyone contemplating suicide may be in danger of going to Hell, as their relationship with the Lord is not intact at that point. Those who would consider suicide may have a severed relationship with Christ and therefore they would enter the real Hell--which is worse than the hellish feelings they are experiencing at the moment.

Wedge
09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
The answer...

Some people believe that all who commit suicide go immediately to Hell. However, the Bible never says if this is the case. The Bible is silent on this issue. God probably did not address it in black in white for a good reason. If we knew that we would still go to Heaven if we killed ourselves, there would probably be a lot more suicides taking place than there already are. However, if we knew that all who killed themselves were automatically banished to Hell, no matter what their situation, it may be too much for the grief-stricken family and friends to bear. Murder and suicide are not unpardonable sins. The only unforgivable sins are rejecting Christ (Mark 16:16) and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

(Mark 3:28-29 KJV) Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

All other sins can be forgiven. However, anyone contemplating suicide may be in danger of going to Hell, as their relationship with the Lord is not intact at that point. Those who would consider suicide may have a severed relationship with Christ and therefore they would enter the real Hell--which is worse than the hellish feelings they are experiencing at the moment.

good answer

+1

if you really think about it, suicide is the same as murder.. both don't keep you out of heaven

ISAtlanta300
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM
"Thou shalt not kill" which means not even yourself...

AtifSajid
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
What are your views on this as far as the church goes? Am I right in thinking that it is a major sin? I've heard it was very wrong(church-wise) because you are basically killing something God made in his own image, which, in turn, says you are killing God, himself. Later, QD.

Suicide in Islam is automatic hell.

reason:
God created you, he has your time to die, when he is ready, he will take your life. But what you end up doing is taking your life before it was planned. Even though God already knows this, so in turn for you ending your life prematurely you spend the rest of your afterlife in hell.

1zach4
09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
If you are a Christian then you should know that suicide is not an automatic "go to hell" sin....there is no such thing.

Once you are saved there isn't a thing you can do to be "un-saved"

Suicide is the most selfish thing anyone could ever do because it has reprocussions that affect everyone around you, but not you because you're gone.

And btw if you believe in Islam...look up Dr. Ergun Caner and his brother...and honestly just listen to what he has to say since he and his family were once believers in Islam

TranceDJ06
09-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Suicide Is done by stress or depression...

4dmin
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM
personally i think it is something people should be allowed to do politically, but personally i think its a cop out in life to do so... it takes a real man/woman to live through bad times; unless you have some horrible vegitative state that really isn't living to begin w/.

quickdodgeŽ
09-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Once you are saved there isn't a thing you can do to be "un-saved"

Are you sure that is correct? Aren't you supposed to ask for forgiveness for your sins after you commit them? And not before? That's like me going to confession and asking for forgiveness so I can commit a 187/211. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Are you sure that is correct? Aren't you supposed to ask for forgiveness for your sins after you commit them? And not before? That's like me going to confession and asking for forgiveness so I can commit a 187/211. Later, QD.

I have to Agree with QD.... I don;t believe that is how it works.. LOL So once u are saved you can let all hell loose? LOL

Sirk
09-29-2005, 03:49 AM
I believe it's selfish, I would never do it, BUT here's where it gets freaky. I look at it as the next step in personal exploration, by that I mean that I feel I've experienced enough of this "existance" and I want to know what lays beyond. I believe are bodies are shells and there's something else out there. I want to know what that is. I can go a lot more indepth and if someone questions me on anything I'd love to talk more about it, but that's my watered down belief on suicide.

ruah_23
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
The answer...

The only unforgivable sins are rejecting Christ (Mark 16:16) and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

:confused: :confused:
How abt the non-beleivers or non-christian...are they = to rejecting christ?
Are all of them going to hell in that case?

4dmin
09-29-2005, 10:45 PM
The answer...

The only unforgivable sins are rejecting Christ (Mark 16:16) and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

:confused: :confused:
How abt the non-beleivers or non-christian...are they = to rejecting christ?
Are all of them going to hell in that case?

that is where interpetation gets funny...

ruah_23
09-29-2005, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=ruah_23]

that is where interpetation gets funny...

That's what I can't figure it out either. Ok person A he is a free thinker, but he do a lot of kind things..good deeds ect ect...the best person you ever think of. Person B is a christian..he do the opposite of what the person a does.
Does that mean both parties will go to hell??

Sirk
09-30-2005, 12:54 AM
It's all a matter of perception and belief. What works for you works for you, what works for me works for me. I try to lead a good life, I have christian morals, but I don't believe in god. I think everyone over analyzes everything and wants to know what everyone else believes so they can base their beliefs on that as well. If you life a bad life, you will more than likely be punished in some way, whether in this life or the next.

Speedm0(\)key
09-30-2005, 01:28 AM
If the priest is sincere about it and redeems himself, yes. Killing is also forgivable and along with other things. Hard to believe but i guess thats where faith comes in.

Swifty

you sure you are NOT a priest?

Speedm0(\)key
09-30-2005, 01:29 AM
It's all a matter of perception and belief. What works for you works for you, what works for me works for me. I try to lead a good life, I have christian morals, but I don't believe in god. I think everyone over analyzes everything and wants to know what everyone else believes so they can base their beliefs on that as well. If you life a bad life, you will more than likely be punished in some way, whether in this life or the next.

not exactly what i would say, but you made alot of fucking sense

Sirk
09-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Strong believer of what goes around comes around.

ruah_23
09-30-2005, 07:52 AM
you sure you are NOT a priest?

I don't think priest has a lot of damn time to be posting on the internet..they have church to run and prayers to be said.

1zach4
10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
The Bible clearly says in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

It also says that no man shall be saved by works alone

SO what that is saying is that yeah you may have great morals, and lead a good life, but if you do not believe and accept that Jesus Christ is your personal Lord and Savior and that He died on the cross and rose 3 days later to pay for your sin than you simply will not make it to heaven, you will go to hell.

People call it narrow-minded thinking that there is only one way to heaven, but narrow is the path that leads to the Lord and wide is the path that leads to destruction.

People that think all roads lead to heaven if you live a good life need to put that statement into perspective...It is like saying that all roads lead to the same place...if you believe that then next time you get stuck in traffic on 75-north trying to get home...just turn around and go home on 75-south, if your theory is correct than technically it should get you home just as fast.

One day ever knee will bow down and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, i'll just pray that anyone that reads this will be on the right side of their salvation when that time comes.

one more thing about being "saved"
if you are saved by accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and savior (which is the only way to get to heaven) then no, you do not have to pray for forgiveness after you sin to avoid hell, if you are truly saved then nothing you can do can take you out of your Father's hand. So it is sad to say that if a man lives a good life with good morals and is not a christian, and a christian lives a worse life, the man will go to hell and the christian will not. Many people don't put their faith in the Lord these days because there are so many christians that have the mindset that they are saved and don't have to worry anymore. It is true that they don't have to worry about hell, but the reason you are saved by the blood of the perfect sacrifice, Jesus Christ, is so that you can go to all the nations and tell them about Jesus.

If any of you would like to come hang out with me on a sunday or something, or just come check out First Baptist Church of Woodstock with me sometime just shoot me a pm.

green91
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
if you kill yourself, you end up dead, just like if you were to die in a car wreck. there is no eternal damnation to it, imo. however, i do still think that for most circumstances, suicide is the cheap shot way out of life. ive been down in the dumps for extended periods of time and its beyond me how someone (in normal mind and health) could take their own life.

malfeas99
10-07-2005, 10:14 AM

Actually, the commandment is 'Thou shalt not murder'.

Anyways, I'm kind of surprised everyone is viewing suicide through such a narrow lens.

You're all thinking of the depressed teen or the distraught businessman who's stock just hit a low and left him with nothing.

What about the 70 year old with a debilitating and chronically painful condition that's left him bedridden, rotting away from bedsores, unable to even shit or piss on his own, barely able to talk?

You think it's an unforgivable sin for this person to want to end his life, because his existence can only tenuously be called living?

This person, who could have done great things, good works throughout his entire life, wanting an extra-heavy dose of morphine so he can finally go to sleep forever and let the pain stop, will be condemned to eternal damnation in a lake of fire?

Give me a break.

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I had a lot to say before I started reading this thread. By the time I got to the end, however, most of what I had to say has already been said. But here are just a few things I would like to add to all this.

... but I do feel it does keep you out of heaven....

The only thing that can keep you out of heaven is not accepting the Lord as your saviour and believing that he is your only hope for heaven.

First off it's murder not kill. And second the bible also says that hatred is the same as murder (1 John 3:15 KJV) and we've all hated/ strongly disliked someone or something in our lives so why worry about breaking that by killing yourself? We've all pretty much broken it already...

Once your saved your always saved. Being saved doesn't have anything to do with confessing your sins, it's about confessing the Lord Jesus (Romans 10: 9-10 KJV) It's about knowing that your a sinner and Christ is your only way to heaven. Believing and trusting in Him. Just because you commit another sin doesn't mean that you become unsaved, it just means that your human and your not perfect and can't live a perfect life. That's when confessing our sins and asking for forgiveness comes in (1 John 1:9 KJV). Once you are saved there is nothing you can do to lose your salvation.(John 10:27 -30 KJV) Not even killing yourself or others. The Lord will always forgive you if you ask Him too. This doesn't mean it's ok to go off and commit tons of sins and then go and ask to be forgiven. It just means that if we mess up that He will forgive us if we ask Him.

The Bible clearly says in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

It also says that no man shall be saved by works alone

SO what that is saying is that yeah you may have great morals, and lead a good life, but if you do not believe and accept that Jesus Christ is your personal Lord and Savior and that He died on the cross and rose 3 days later to pay for your sin than you simply will not make it to heaven, you will go to hell.

People call it narrow-minded thinking that there is only one way to heaven, but narrow is the path that leads to the Lord and wide is the path that leads to destruction.

People that think all roads lead to heaven if you live a good life need to put that statement into perspective...It is like saying that all roads lead to the same place...if you believe that then next time you get stuck in traffic on 75-north trying to get home...just turn around and go home on 75-south, if your theory is correct than technically it should get you home just as fast.

One day ever knee will bow down and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, i'll just pray that anyone that reads this will be on the right side of their salvation when that time comes.

one more thing about being "saved"
if you are saved by accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and savior (which is the only way to get to heaven) then no, you do not have to pray for forgiveness after you sin to avoid hell, if you are truly saved then nothing you can do can take you out of your Father's hand. So it is sad to say that if a man lives a good life with good morals and is not a christian, and a christian lives a worse life, the man will go to hell and the christian will not. Many people don't put their faith in the Lord these days because there are so many christians that have the mindset that they are saved and don't have to worry anymore. It is true that they don't have to worry about hell, but the reason you are saved by the blood of the perfect sacrifice, Jesus Christ, is so that you can go to all the nations and tell them about Jesus.

If any of you would like to come hang out with me on a sunday or something, or just come check out First Baptist Church of Woodstock with me sometime just shoot me a pm.

Amen to that.

The answer...

Once again Amen!

raven97990
10-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, your acts can't save you or damn you to hell. Jesus Christ is the only thing that can save you. So if you are saved, and then find yourself is a situation in which you take your own life, you are stilled saved, you just have a whole lot of explaining to do to the big man when you walk up to him in heaven

CSquared
10-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Suicide is stupid regardless of what perspective you take(religious or moral)... Be a fucking man(or woman) and face life like the rest of us. All or most of us have had our good and bad times... our break ups... lost jobs... times when we questioned our direction in life...

I hate especially when young people do it... without even really experiencing what life has to offer. I've dealt with some fucked up things in my life, but never once during that time have i contemplated suicide.

I guess in the end suicide is just another example of darwinism at it's finest... Loaded topic though.

p.s. i <3 jared

R1craze
10-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I've heard you would goto hell because you commited a sin and you cant ask for forgiviness because yoru dead. Just what I've heard.

FrogPrincess
10-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I've heard you would goto hell because you commited a sin and you cant ask for forgiviness because yoru dead. Just what I've heard.

It really all depends on what religion the person is. Different people believe different ways and different religions teach different things.

CSquared
10-08-2005, 04:32 PM
We need a test subject or something... somebody try it and tell us what happens.

FrogPrincess
10-08-2005, 04:33 PM
We need a test subject or something... somebody try it and tell us what happens.

Go for it. Have fun. I want a detailed report about it... :tongue:

Tracer
10-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Suicide is the easy way out of life. People that make these choices are selfish people. It hurts me to hear about someone ending their own life. I lost 3 friends to suicide when I was in high school....still today I will NEVER know why the left......

Sirk
10-09-2005, 03:16 AM
I'd be down for a near death experience in the name of science.

DrivenMind
10-10-2005, 01:29 AM

Swifty

Wait but wasn't it brought up before that suicide is unforgivable because you are killing something in gods image? Committing a murder is no different is it not... well I guess after you commit a murder you can repent where as after someone commits suicide they cannot.

I think it's a selfish and pussy thing to do, but some people who are spending their lives in extraordinary amounts of pain deserve to be able to choose when they want to go. (an example here would be the people who jumped out of the twin towers after they were hit. They jumped to their death rather than burn to death in agony I feel they should be forgiven, but following the rules of the bible they technically committed suicide.)

CSquared
10-10-2005, 08:42 AM
They jumped to their death rather than burn to death in agony I feel they should be forgiven, but following the rules of the bible they technically committed suicide.)

There are so many religious beliefs and takes on the afterlife that it's not even worth worrying about anymore. I used to be a catholic... now a days I dont really believe in anything. Lead a clean true life and youll have nothing to worry about in the end... plus you wont feel like dick when you're on your deathbed and look back on your life.

I really dont think you should base the "consequences" for suicide on one religions reachings... In the end... youll see what happens.

R1craze
10-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I dont think kurt cobain killed himself. Even courtneys dad thinks SHE did it and even her private eye thinks she did. Sorry just a thought since we are talking about this.

1zach4
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
There are so many religious beliefs and takes on the afterlife that it's not even worth worrying about anymore. I used to be a catholic... now a days I dont really believe in anything. Lead a clean true life and youll have nothing to worry about in the end... plus you wont feel like dick when you're on your deathbed and look back on your life.

I really dont think you should base the "consequences" for suicide on one religions reachings... In the end... youll see what happens.

Do you honestly believe that if you live a clean true life that you'll have nothing to worry about?!

Some of the greatest people that ever lived were not Christians, therefore they are spending rest of eternity in a hot little place called Hell.

So please don't recommend to anyone else to wait till the end and see what happens, I don't even recommend that you take your own advice. I don't think you or anyone else would appreciate it if you waited until the end and woke up from your death bed in front of the Lord to be judged, and he handed you a one way ticket to spend eternity in Hell because you were never saved and His Son does not know you.

Sirk
10-11-2005, 12:46 AM
I feel sorry that you feel your way is the only correct way, I wish you would be more open minded, but that is not what this thread is about.

CSquared
10-11-2005, 03:04 AM
Do you honestly believe that if you live a clean true life that you'll have nothing to worry about?!

Some of the greatest people that ever lived were not Christians, therefore they are spending rest of eternity in a hot little place called Hell.

So please don't recommend to anyone else to wait till the end and see what happens, I don't even recommend that you take your own advice. I don't think you or anyone else would appreciate it if you waited until the end and woke up from your death bed in front of the Lord to be judged, and he handed you a one way ticket to spend eternity in Hell because you were never saved and His Son does not know you.

Honestly man youre going to tell me that every other religion is wrong? Just one religion(christianity) is the "right" religion to get into "heaven"? So the millions and millions of people in the world who follow other religions are just fucked? I severely doubt that. You have your opinion as i have mine. I am not comfortable with that fact that choosing a religion is like playing a fucking lottery number... and What about the scumbag child molesting priests and serial killers? They get preference over me because im not a christian?

I believe there is a god... I am a damn good person... I'd give my fucking left arm to help a fellow man in need... but i dont follow the teachings of any single church... so that means im going to hell.

If that is the case, and i am sent to hell, i will gladly flip my maker off at the pearly gates because he sounds more like adolf fucking hitler than the kind loving god i was taught as a child to worship.

If this post offends anyone... i apologize... my original post wasnt meant to attack the christian religion... I was merely expressing my belief. If you want to hold that against me... fine... if i get banned as a result of this post... fine.. but im not going to sit here and let some asshole explain to me why i am ignorant and going to hell.

EDIT: This is the last i am going to post in or look at this thread. If you would like to reply feel free to pm me and we can have a wonderfully educational discourse about the birds and the bees and such.

1zach4
10-11-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah it is amazing that there is only one way to heaven, but that's the truth. It is sad that all these other people that follow other religions and do not believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior are going to Hell if they don't change.

Do some research on your religions, and how many have actual facts to back their religion, and you'll see that Christianity is the only way to get to Heaven. Hey we have it a lot easier than they did before Jesus was born. In the Old Testament you had to be near perfect to get into Heaven because Jesus had not yet come to take the punishment for all of mankind's sins.

Do some research on Josh McDowell, and his research on Christianity. He is a brilliant man and spent years debating AGAINST Christianity, and in all his research to try and disprove it, he realized that it was the only way to get to heaven.

Also do some research on Dr. Ergun Caner, a former Muslim, who knows the Koran, the Bible, and anything else like the back of his hand. He too came to the realization that Christianity, and Jesus Christ are the only way to Heaven.

quickdodgeŽ
10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah it is amazing that there is only one way to heaven, but that's the truth. It is sad that all these other people that follow other religions and do not believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior are going to Hell if they don't change.

What's sad is what you just posted. Later, QD.

malfeas99
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Do some research on your religions, and how many have actual facts to back their religion, and you'll see that Christianity is the only way to get to Heaven. Hey we have it a lot easier than they did before Jesus was born. In the Old Testament you had to be near perfect to get into Heaven because Jesus had not yet come to take the punishment for all of mankind's sins.

As a Jew, and therefore as someone who has a great deal more experience with the 'Old Testament', I can tell you with some authority that the concept of hell as you describe it didn't even exist. Only truly dastardly people were 'punished forever in eternal torment', whilst everyone else went to Gehenna, a sort of Purgatory where you were judged and spiritually purified by being forced to watch your life as you lived it, and what could have been. Once that happened (some took longer than others, but 11 months is the maximum), the pure fragment of your spirit ascended to heaven. Hell as you describe it is a useful tool for frightening and subjugating people into believing what you do. Which is, of course, why it was created.

Now you get to be embarassed because a Jewish Athiest knows more about religious historical context than you. Now imagine what else you could possibly be wrong about. How about 'a big fucking truckload' for 500, Alex.

DING DING DING, Double Jeopardy!

1zach4
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
ahhh I do love all of this great conversation, but i'll just say it for the record:

In the end, to be blunt, Anyone who believes Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, died on the cross for their sins, and rose 3 days later to Heaven....will go to Heaven....everyone else will be eternally seperated from God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

QD, what's sad is that you've probably never even done any research on Jesus Christ and Christianity.

And to the Jewish Athiest, so what you know more religious historical context about the Old Testament than I do...Jesus Christ fulfilled all of the prophecies from the Old Testament in the New Testament, and forgave me of all my past and future sins when I accepted Him as my Savior. I truthfully care about where you spend eternity, so I suggest you do some more research about Jesus Christ and put your Old Testament knowledge together with the New Testament and see what will really happen to you if you remain an athiest.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though because it is a commonly known fact that only 6% of adults get saved after their 18th Birthday.

malfeas99
10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
ahhh I do love all of this great conversation, but i'll just say it for the record:

In the end, to be blunt, Anyone who believes Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, died on the cross for their sins, and rose 3 days later to Heaven....will go to Heaven....everyone else will be eternally seperated from God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

QD, what's sad is that you've probably never even done any research on Jesus Christ and Christianity.

And to the Jewish Athiest, so what you know more religious historical context about the Old Testament than I do...Jesus Christ fulfilled all of the prophecies from the Old Testament in the New Testament, and forgave me of all my past and future sins when I accepted Him as my Savior. I truthfully care about where you spend eternity, so I suggest you do some more research about Jesus Christ and put your Old Testament knowledge together with the New Testament and see what will really happen to you if you remain an athiest.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though because it is a commonly known fact that only 6% of adults get saved after their 18th Birthday.

Don't kid yourself. I have done far more objective, structured, and broad-based research into the Judeo-christian cosomology than you ever have, that much is obvious.

What you are trying to do now is deflect the issue. You spouted off some BS about Heaven being almost impossible to get in 'The Old Testament' because Jesus hadn't flown in to save our little red wagons yet, and I called you on it. Not only was it not difficult to get into at all, but Hell didn't even EXIST in the Old Testament. Gehenna is a different theological construct of afterlife altogether, and if you ask me, a far more preferable and superior notion of the way a kind, loving, caring God would treat those in the afterlife. Gehenna is, however, far less useful for subjugating and scaring people into converting. Historically, the Christian concept of Hell was used to oppress, forcibly convert, and exert power over ignorant masses.

What I think you should do now is tell me why you think you were so catastrophically wrong about the nature of the afterlife before Jesus came along and saved our shit from eternal damnation.

quickdodgeŽ
10-11-2005, 04:24 PM

And we've met when? You know what I know about this how? I don't think you do know what I know and what I don't know. Just as a natural "Chrisitan," you judge to quickly. You have no idea that the Bible is factual. You are going by what you have been told. Faith is what guides you through your narrow life. Faith is not always fact. When you know me then you can judge me for what you see in me. But that would be un-"Christian"-like for you to not pre-judge someone. Later, QD.

1zach4
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
i was simply making an observation QD, because all you ever do is call people out on stuff, you never state what you know so until then I will assume you know nothing.

I'm not judging you, because it is not Christ-like to judge, it's not place, but the Lord's

Also, Malfeas99, I know that I am saved, and that my faith in Jesus Christ will get me into Heaven and keep me from hell. Read the New Testament and you will see that Hell is real, not just created to scare people into converting. Big deal you know a lot about the Old Testament and I do not, but that doesn't mean you are going to get into Heaven because you know all about it.

Once again you call me narrow-minded, and you call the path to heaven narrow, it states in the Bible that Narrow is the path to righteousness, and wide is the path to destruction...and honestly I don't care why I was wrong about the after-life before Jesus came along, because honestly it does not affect me and I have done no research on it. I know that today, if you reject Jesus Christ as your Savior and you die tonight, you will spend eternity in hell. If I were to die tonight, I would be spending eternity with Jesus in heaven

quickdodgeŽ
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
i was simply making an observation QD, because all you ever do is call people out on stuff, you never state what you know so until then I will assume you know nothing.

Well, here is where the assume phrase comes into play.

I'm not judging you, because it is not Christ-like to judge, it's not place, but the Lord's

No. Pre-judging is a requirement to be a "true Christian."

I know that today, if you reject Jesus Christ as your Savior and you die tonight, you will spend eternity in hell.

You really don't know that shit at all. That is what you've been taught to believe. You, as well as everyone else living right now, do not know what happens to anyone when you die. How do you know? Personal experience? You know someone that died, went to heaven for a while and came back and told you what happens? Hmmmm. Like I said,..this is all based on faith, not fact. Later, QD.

malfeas99
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM

Also, Malfeas99, I know that I am saved, and that my faith in Jesus Christ will get me into Heaven and keep me from hell. Read the New Testament and you will see that Hell is real, not just created to scare people into converting. Big deal you know a lot about the Old Testament and I do not, but that doesn't mean you are going to get into Heaven because you know all about it.

Once again you call me narrow-minded, and you call the path to heaven narrow, it states in the Bible that Narrow is the path to righteousness, and wide is the path to destruction...and honestly I don't care why I was wrong about the after-life before Jesus came along, because honestly it does not affect me and I have done no research on it. I know that today, if you reject Jesus Christ as your Savior and you die tonight, you will spend eternity in hell. If I were to die tonight, I would be spending eternity with Jesus in heaven

One day you might come to the realization that using a facet of your religion (the bible) to somehow validate another facet of your religion (your concept of heaven, hell, and how you get there) is a logical fallacy of the highest order. It is called 'circular reasoning'.

I have no problem with your choice of religion, I think that religion fills a very healthy aspect of a lot of people's lives. I don't even care that you think I'm going to hell for not believing what you believe. However a) Don't pretend that your reasoning is in any way logical or rational, and b) Try and get a law passed to push your religious beliefs and you will become my enemy.

P.S. If you did not research on it, why did you make a statement about it, and try to pass it off like fact? Or even supposition? Or even ANYTHING that would indicate that you had ANY idea? Can you possibly imagine what it must be like if EVERYTHING you believe about religion, christianity, jesus, heaven, and hell is just like that? Man you'd be screwed. Then again, I must applaud you on the amount of cognitive dissonance necessary to stick this out.

CSquared
10-11-2005, 05:43 PM

I know i said i wouldnt post again... but you DO realize that a large marjority has yet be to confirmed? I mean i know theyve found like 20 different noah's arks on top of mountains according to the inquirer... but that doesnt really mean jesus existed or is going to be waiting for your ignorant ass when you get up there.

Your faith is based up the words of others... there is a huge difference between faith and fact. I mean.. I had faith that the yankees would win the world series this year but they sure the hell suprised me.

You also realize that religion during the crusades was used to gain power or control in the gornment?

Anyway... i better get to church though. I hear that for every dollar you put in the basket you have a better chance of getting into heaven. Jesus likes lavishly built churches, money, and priests who molest children then preech to us about who goes to hell.

1zach4
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
You are actually gonna use the inquirer to talk about noah's ark?

Faith in Jesus Christ is not comparable to faith in the New York Yankees

Do not hold me accountable for the misuse of my religion during the crusades.

and it clearly states that in order to be obedient to Jesus Christ you are supposed to give 10% of your gross income back to the church...10% is not much to ask when the Lord provides you with 100% of what you have.

CSquared
10-11-2005, 08:18 PM
You are actually gonna use the inquirer to talk about noah's ark?

Faith in Jesus Christ is not comparable to faith in the New York Yankees

Do not hold me accountable for the misuse of my religion during the crusades.

and it clearly states that in order to be obedient to Jesus Christ you are supposed to give 10% of your gross income back to the church...10% is not much to ask when the Lord provides you with 100% of what you have.

lol i dont know... i hear if you remain faithful to the yankees you spend the rest of the eternity in a palace filled with virgins.

how do i know jesus isnt using said money to fund a drug addiction of some sort. Its like those bums you see on the street of ny... give them a few bucks and all they do is blow it on a bottle of whiskey. So with that train of thinking i'd much rather donate to a non profit charity of some sort. At least then i know the money is going to something useful... and not feeding a drug and/or gambling addiction.

edit: ha if i wasnt going to hell before... im damn well going now. Might as well have a reason though... Gooooooood stuff. :)

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
how do i know jesus isnt using said money to fund a drug addiction of some sort. Its like those bums you see on the street of ny... give them a few bucks and all they do is blow it on a bottle of whiskey. So with that train of thinking i'd much rather donate to a non profit charity of some sort. At least then i know the money is going to something useful... and not feeding a drug and/or gambling addiction.

You were having a half decent debate until this utterly ridiculous statement.

JESUS? JESUS? Using what money for what drugs? I think you probably meant the "church", maybe?

What "non profit" charity do you donate to? Are you saying then that PEOPLE that run those "charities" are somehow immune to fallacy somehow? How is that possible? In other words, you are so harsh on PEOPLE that run "churches" or attend them, yet you in the same breath trust in PEOPLE that run a so called "non profit" charity to do something extraordinary with your donation????? That my friend is an oxymoron.

You can't have it both ways. In one hand you keep saying that "church" is one thing because PEOPLE are this and that, then on the other hand you say that you would rather give to anything other than a church that is also run by PEOPLE. ????? What exactly is that makes the "PEOPLE" in that "non profit" organization any better or less apt to drugs, addictions, throwing away your money, molesting children, or any of the things you attribute to the "church"????

BTW, you do realize that many many "non profit" organizations are "non profit" labeled for tax purposes only? A great many of them do in fact make millions in "profits". The difference is that they can SPEND it in many ways that you or I couldn't and they pay no taxes on that money. I personally have seen a few "non profit" organizations that even have religious names to seem legit that are nothing more than fronts to launder money into someone's pockets w/o paying taxes. None of those I'm referring to EVER gave a dime to a needy person. So please be careful and don't think for a minute that simply because an organization has the monicker of "non profit" that A) they don't MAKE any money; B) they are designed to help anyone; and C) they are somehow immune to HUMAN fallacies because they are in fact made up of HUMANS too. ;)

CSquared
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
You were having a half decent debate until this utterly ridiculous statement.

JESUS? JESUS? Using what money for what drugs? I think you probably meant the "church", maybe?

What "non profit" charity do you donate to? Are you saying then that PEOPLE that run those "charities" are somehow immune to fallacy somehow? How is that possible? In other words, you are so harsh on PEOPLE that run "churches" or attend them, yet you in the same breath trust in PEOPLE that run a so called "non profit" charity to do something extraordinary with your donation????? That my friend is an oxymoron.

You can't have it both ways. In one hand you keep saying that "church" is one thing because PEOPLE are this and that, then on the other hand you say that you would rather give to anything other than a church that is also run by PEOPLE. ????? What exactly is that makes the "PEOPLE" in that "non profit" organization any better or less apt to drugs, addictions, throwing away your money, molesting children, or any of the things you attribute to the "church"????

BTW, you do realize that many many "non profit" organizations are "non profit" labeled for tax purposes only? A great many of them do in fact make millions in "profits". The difference is that they can SPEND it in many ways that you or I couldn't and they pay no taxes on that money. I personally have seen a few "non profit" organizations that even have religious names to seem legit that are nothing more than fronts to launder money into someone's pockets w/o paying taxes. None of those I'm referring to EVER gave a dime to a needy person. So please be careful and don't think for a minute that simply because an organization has the monicker of "non profit" that A) they don't MAKE any money; B) they are designed to help anyone; and C) they are somehow immune to HUMAN fallacies because they are in fact made up of HUMANS too. ;)

In case you hadnt noticed i was just being a dick... I am sick and tired of this debate so i am no longer taking it seriously... My post was MEANT to piss people off... and end further discussion about that particular topic... and it HAD succeeded... until you brought it back up. I'd really appreciate if we could end the discussion here.

p.s. Had i been serious you have a few valid points... i won't get into my reasons about not donating anyway. But believe me... They are also valid.

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2005, 02:25 PM
In case you hadnt noticed i was just being a dick... I am sick and tired of this debate so i am no longer taking it seriously... My post was MEANT to piss people off... and end further discussion about that particular topic... and it HAD succeeded... until you brought it back up. I'd really appreciate if we could end the discussion here.

p.s. Had i been serious you have a few valid points... i won't get into my reasons about not donating anyway. But believe me... They are also valid.

My mistake then. I thought you were serious, hence my rebuttal. If you weren't, then I appologize.

TheSnail
10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
There is no such thing as god. Kill your self if you wish, $hit just turns black either way.

00CIVICSI
10-14-2005, 09:50 AM

and why would god let you post?

CSquared
10-14-2005, 11:27 AM
and why would god let you post?

lol

ok now stop this shit... this post needs to die a slow painful death.

quickdodgeŽ
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
^^^ Agreed. This topic is closed. It was fine until The Snail and the 00CIVICSi dumbasses came in. Later, QD.