BanginJimmy
10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes we should.
4 - 6 year terms in the House
3 - 6 year terms in the Senate

Move up, or move out.

AlanŽ
10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I ask because IMHO I think that this issue is part of why we are where we are today.

4dmin
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Why do you think it is part of the issue? I will give my stance on this after you answer.

AlanŽ
10-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Why do you think it is part of the issue? I will give my stance on this after you answer.
IMHO the longer anyone stays in Congress the more of a power play it becomes. Like was being discussed during the first vote in the house. With other members of Congress trying to sway others to vote for it based on things others had done for them whether it was backing a bill getting campaign donations etc. I'm sorry as much as Obama and Biden like to talk about McCain being out of touch. Those who have served 10+ years are probably even more out of touch.

EDIT: My point is that the longer people stay in Congress, the more it becomes about paying back debts and less about doing whats right.

4dmin
10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
IMHO the longer anyone stays in Congress the more of a power play it becomes. Like was being discussed during the first vote in the house. With other members of Congress trying to sway others to vote for it based on things others had done for them whether it was backing a bill getting campaign donations etc. I'm sorry as much as Obama and Biden like to talk about McCain being out of touch. Those who have served 10+ years are probably even more out of touch.

EDIT: My point is that the longer people stay in Congress, the more it becomes about paying back debts and less about doing whats right.

ok so you want people like McCain to step down and let new FRESH people like Palin take over :rolleyes:

Please, like it or not we need career politicians. One it is the only way our system can work and other countries don't enforce such so neither can we. We would get railroaded in the foreign market if we had nothing but young bucks running this country.

don't get me wrong i understand you point clearly but unfortunately i don't see any other choice working.

PS. what about the justices? they have even more power.