PDA

View Full Version : Future mass murderer in Australia...

ShooterMcGavin
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Boy feeds Aussie zoo's animals to croc

Story Highlights
7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed animals to resident crocodile

He bashed several lizards to death with a rock after he jumped a security fence

30-minute rampage caught on security camera at Alice Springs Reptile Center

Australian Zoo's director plans to sue the boy's parents

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."

By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.

Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

Ran
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I bet the crocodile was happy about the while thing.

DJ Maestro
10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow, that is just fvcked up! :eek:

Red_Phoenix
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
:rant: The boy should be fed to the croc. Lizard head bashing is just wrong

Killer
10-03-2008, 09:31 AM
thats like straight up hannibal lector sh1t! giant lizards eat little lizards... lol

BlkCD5
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
I wonder what PETA will do when he gets older. :thinking:

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

Its funny how some parents find kids running around "cute."

Ran
10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Its funny how some parents find kids running around "cute."Nothing wrong with kids just running around and being innocent kids. It's when they start doing sh*t like this, things take a turn for the worse. lol

FlipKing
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
How in the hell do these ideas come into these dumbass people's head. Did he wake up and say, Hey, lets go kill lizards and feed live and dead animals to a croc. I mean, damn, Wierd people

Sport1.3
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
freaking jail island, no wonder

BlkCD5
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
originally posted by FlipKing
How in the hell do these ideas come into these dumbass people's head. Did he wake up and say, Hey, lets go kill lizards and feed live and dead animals to a croc. I mean, damn, Wierd people

Displacement. He probably didn't get the video game or toy he wanted. Add that with a mental illness and there ya go. :dunno:

MR2DR
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
damn i gottah find that security tape hehe, gangsta kid

redrumracer
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
damn i gottah find that security tape hehe, gangsta kid
yea, him feeding a croc with animals doesnt bother me, thats just nature taking its course with a lil nudge.