PDA

View Full Version : Misc EliteXC: Kimbo Vs Shamrock Oct 4th

ironchef
10-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Anyone else watching it?

Shamrock is way too damn old and crappy now, Kimbo by TKO 1st round.

Gina Carrano vs I don't remember her name, Gina Carano by murder lulz.

Arlovski vs Nelson, Arlovski 3rd round KO, wewt!

bowdown201
10-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Yea i hate to say it but Kimbo gets the win from me. Shamrock's too old. he might would come out with the W about 6 years ago

jmotank
10-03-2008, 08:20 AM
What channel is this on? I so want to watch it but not sure where to watch it. Lol

ironchef
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
CBS.

Deke
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I think Kimbo is going to take this one as well. Shamrock has lost something like his last 8 fights. He's old. In his prime I'd definitely take him, but I don't think he's going to be able to pull out the win.

BTEC
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM
what time? i want to see this one.

Jin
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Why do they keep putting Kimbo against all these old "legends"? ie: Tank Abbott, Shamrock.

He said that defeating Tank proves he can hold his own in MMA but it doesn't say **** except that he can knock someone out thats decades past his prime...

BanginJimmy
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Shamrock is 10 years past his prime. Kimbo should win this one easily. No one will take Kimbo seriously until he fights someone outsdie of the minor or seniors leagues. Throw him in there with Brock Lesnar and see how long he lasts.

BTEC
10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
experience maybe. once he get the feel of how this all works theyll put his up against somebody worth a damn.

Sport1.3
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Kimbo is a garbage fighter, but Shamrock is old and hasnt won a fight since he stopped juicing

BTEC
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Shamrock is 10 years past his prime. Kimbo should win this one easily. No one will take Kimbo seriously until he fights someone outsdie of the minor or seniors leagues. Throw him in there with Brock Lesnar and see how long he lasts.
i think brock would win bc kimbo is a stand up fighter and brock wrestles. but that didnt help brock again that last dude that made him tap out. lol!!!

BanginJimmy
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
i think brock would win bc kimbo is a stand up fighter and brock wrestles. but that didnt help brock again that last dude that made him tap out. lol!!!

Frank Mir is also a BJJ blackbelt. Did you not notice that Brock was destroying him even on the ground until he made the mistake that landed him in the heel lock.

BTEC
10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Frank Mir is also a BJJ blackbelt. Did you not notice that Brock was destroying him even on the ground until he made the mistake that landed him in the heel lock.
yeah, i saw frank hook his foot behind brocks leg and i knew something big was coming.

DieselNuts
10-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I called that fight to some of my friends. I knew it was gonna go down EXACTLY like that.

I would love to see Kimbo vs. Lesner. I would def. have my money on Lesner.

alpine_aw11
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM

You can't compare a new mma fighter's ground game to Frank Mir. He's one of the best heavyweights on the ground in the history of the sport. Brock was beating up on him, he's obviously much stronger, but one slip with Mir and you're done.

DieselNuts
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
The fight I REALLY want to see is Kimbo/Mir. Mir would make Kimbo his biitch.

r_Senik
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
The fight I REALLY want to see is Kimbo/Mir. Mir would make Kimbo his biitch.
x2
i hate kimbo..but i know he's gonna win tonight..
i wanna see the girl fight though...
isnt that gina girl like domonating all the girls?

anothaRRR
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree, Kimbo really hasnt fought anybody worth bragging about...I see kimbo winning not cause hes better just that Shamrock is over the hill and on a loosing streak...As far as Lesnar, he sucks as well, he didnt look like a mma fighter on the fight against Hearing, he acts like he his back on WWE or some ****...

alpine_aw11
10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
x2
i hate kimbo..but i know he's gonna win tonight..
i wanna see the girl fight though...
isnt that gina girl like domonating all the girls?

Yea, Gina Carrano(sp?) is one bad *****. She could probably hand a few of the guys their asses.

I don't hate Kimbo, he's not a stuck up douchebag like 95% of mma fighters are. The guy is just trying to make some money and make a name for himself off the street, nothing wrong with it. However, he's not up to par with the best fighters in the world yet. They keep handing him senior citizens way past their prime, he's going to keep getting 1st round knockouts. He's going to destroy Shamrock tonight.

BanginJimmy
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
You can't compare a new mma fighter's ground game to Frank Mir. He's one of the best heavyweights on the ground in the history of the sport. Brock was beating up on him, he's obviously much stronger, but one slip with Mir and you're done.

That fight with Mir and Noguera is going to be classic. Both are deadly on their feet and on the ground. Both have a good jaw, and no real weakness in their game.

alpine_aw11
10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
That fight with Mir and Noguera is going to be classic. Both are deadly on their feet and on the ground. Both have a good jaw, and no real weakness in their game.

Oh jesus yes. That is potentially the greatest UFC fight ever. Such a perfect match up. I can't wait to see it, should be epic beyond proportions. I'm giving a slight edge to Nog, but we will have to wait and see.

anothaRRR
10-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Damn, Arlovski is also fighting Oct.11 against Josh Barnett...Just trying to make money...Arlovski is a real good fighter when he wants, he looked good in the Rothwell fight, I see him winning against Nelson...

ironchef
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Damn, Arlovski is also fighting Oct.11 against Josh Barnett...Just trying to make money...Arlovski is a real good fighter when he wants, he looked good in the Rothwell fight, I see him winning against Nelson...Arlovski is fighting Roy Nelson on the 4th, hes not fighting Barnett on the 11th.

anothaRRR
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Arlovski is fighting Roy Nelson on the 4th, hes not fighting Barnett on the 11th.
I didnt know that...what happened to the Affliction fight?

DieselNuts
10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Very true. I'm pulling for Mir to win though.

ironchef
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I didnt know that...what happened to the Affliction fight?The Affliction event was canceled a couple weeks ago.

BanginJimmy
10-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Very true. I'm pulling for Mir to win though.

I like Mir alot, but I think Nog is going to win it.

BTEC
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
what time does it come on?

BB6dohcvtec
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
KIMBO LOST!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

alpine_aw11
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Kimbo just got knocked the **** out. Arlovski whipped some ass as well, good to see him back in his original form.

Member31410
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
That was totally unexpected. LOL.

dumpdaccord
10-04-2008, 10:27 PM
looking for it on youtube...any links?

THATdude
10-04-2008, 10:32 PM
kimbo fight wasnt worth watching. got stunned by a kick, nailed with a few punches, ref stops fight. 14sec. it's over.:eek:

SleepingTalon
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL. KIMBOWNED! I knew Kimbo was gonna lose. Seth is NOT a tomato can by any means. He stood toe 2 toe with Bob Sapp, and was fine, so Kimbo wasn't gonna have **** for him. He was a tougher fight than Ken too, but he's also a LHW, not HW, so Kimbo did have his own advantage. I just hope Kimbo goes away now. Oh, and I'd love to find/bump the thread from awhile back where someone was talking about how Kimbo would beat Brock. Thank god the BS is over. RIP Kimbo.

Firefightin_tC
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Seth looked scared as **** to me.

BlkMKII
10-04-2008, 10:42 PM
kimbo fight wasnt worth watching. got stunned by a kick, nailed with a few punches, ref stops fight. 14sec. it's over.:eek:

You need to watch it again the kick had nothing to do with why kimbo went down it was the punch to the face the kick was to keep his distance!!

BlkMKII
10-04-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzf-qwvj5ss

heres a link quality not the greatest

Infamous_1
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
kimbo did not fight shamrock due to cut near eye during training. so he fought perluzzi? and got knocked out in the first round. kimbo is weak!

AznTraitor
10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
lol at 14 seconds....

but in all seriousness though, everyone knew this was coming....Kimbo is big, can throw some hard hits, but is by no means a "technical fighter", alot of people didn't think he was going to do so well vs a well trained fighter, and this is a really good example of Kimbo getting pwned.

ironchef
10-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm glad Kimbo got knocked out, its about time people realized he sucked. Sure the guy is big, has power, and a lot of potential. But it will take years for it to be realized, and I'd say he was way to over hyped to begin with. Though I wonder whats going to happen with EliteXC now that their posterboy lost.

The Creeper
10-05-2008, 12:06 AM
ROFL kimbo got OWNED! been waiting for this to happen:goodjob::boobies::cheers:

MR2DR
10-05-2008, 02:00 AM
i bet a **** ton of ppl just lost $$$
http://www.mmahacks.com/kimbo-petruzelli-video.html

9ussy
10-05-2008, 02:12 AM
i think after this knockout he'll learn from his mistake and comeback stronger..

Paree4g63
10-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Kimbo lost in 14seconds.. He's too slow; he needs to drink NOS

RandomGuy
10-05-2008, 07:19 AM
http://www.mmaheaven.co.cc/ vid on main page

Firefightin_tC
10-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't care how big you are...how fast you are...how strong you are...

A punch, is a punch, is a punch.

If you hit a guy hard enough on the button, he'll go down.

Kimbo Slice is no exception.

Look at Chuck Liddell, Rashard Evans and Rampage Jackson ring a bell?

Kimbo got caught...and he lost. Granted I didn't think it would happen like this, but someone was gonna dim those lights sooner or later.

jmotank
10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
it was awesome imo! i expected to see kimbo destroy that dude. i gotta say i loved the outcome. not that i dislike kimbo, but it was shocking. plus you gotta feel good for that dude. i mean he came in and did his thing. knocked kimbo da fugg out mang!! besides that the chick fight was awesome! imo 1 of the best fights of the night. on a side note, i think kimbo would have killed shamrock. and did anyone else catch the comments made by Frank shamrock when they asked him about the situation? completely owned his ass on tv throwing him out there like that. frank is a little *****!

Maniacc
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I laughed my ass off last night. I was on two other boards just roasting on what had happened. The funny part of it was when Kimbo was running his funky stanky breathe about how the after party this and after party that. Haha, I bet he ended up beating up some skinny asian guy in a parking lot just to make himself feel better.

BanginJimmy
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't care how big you are...how fast you are...how strong you are...

A punch, is a punch, is a punch.

If you hit a guy hard enough on the button, he'll go down.

Kimbo Slice is no exception.

Look at Chuck Liddell, Rashard Evans and Rampage Jackson ring a bell?

Kimbo got caught...and he lost. Granted I didn't think it would happen like this, but someone was gonna dim those lights sooner or later.

It was a glancing blow off his head, not a solid shot on his jaw.

alpine_aw11
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM

I think there was definitely more on that punch that met the eye. It really did stun him badly, and Kimbo is a tough dude. He's taken some huge punches before, I don't know what happened but whatever that Petruzelli guy did worked. Plus he pounded Kimbo's face in after he dropped.

SleepingTalon
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM

Uh, no. He was hit on the jaw. It's the same punch Seth used on Bob Sapp in their K1 fight, and in fact the same front kick he used in that fight.

BTEC
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
i was disappointed that kimbo lost but u cant win all of them. i think there is some good to come out of it bc it will make him realize that u cant "sleep" on ppl and keep him from being cocky. he got smashed of the floor but hewas still getting up when the ref stoopped the fight. he'll be back to redeem himslef.

the fat dude b4 him got robbed too imo bc as soon as he hit the floor the ref was calling the fight. o

Sport1.3
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Kimbo is garbage, and this was proof

Sammich
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM
after the fight...gina looked like she stepped out of a mary kay commercial

kimbo..pissed me off..i watched 2hrs of boxing to see this fool get knocked out in 14 secs...watta disappointment

Nemesis
10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
ahhH Gina Carano.... **feint**

Sammich
10-06-2008, 08:26 AM
whose that in ur sig george? is that gina? thats immediately who i thought of when i saw her fighting...

Nemesis
10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
whose that in ur sig george? is that gina? thats immediately who i thought of when i saw her fighting...

Yes saahhhhhhhhhh

Sammich
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
thats good to know ur reppin my baby mama.. lol

DieselNuts
10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Uh, no. He was hit on the jaw. It's the same punch Seth used on Bob Sapp in their K1 fight, and in fact the same front kick he used in that fight.
Seeing as how you corrected someone else on the kick that set up the punch, Im suprised you didnt see that the punch landed straight on the chin, not the jaw.

P.S. Gina----> :idb: Me<----

Sammich
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM

u die for touching my womunz:ninja:

the fight w/ the brazilian who did muy thai...the endign was awesome

DieselNuts
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
u die for touching my womunz:ninja:
Gina
..l
..l
.\/
:lickpuss:
./\
..l
..l
Me

the fight w/ the brazilian who did muy thai...the endign was awesome
I dont remember how it ended, but I do remember she looked like a man...

Sammich
10-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Gina
..l
..l
.\/
./\
..l
..l
Me

i take ur gas:tongue1:

DieselNuts
10-06-2008, 09:12 AM
i take ur gas:tongue1:
O NOEZ! then I wont be able to see my Gina...we can car pool :goodjob:

Sammich
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
O NOEZ! then I wont be able to see my Gina...we can car pool :goodjob:

fuk yo p00l nukka :lmao:

DieselNuts
10-06-2008, 09:30 AM
fuk yo p00l nukka :lmao:
aint my fault you cant swim... :tongue1:

Sammich
10-06-2008, 09:34 AM
aint my fault you cant swim... :tongue1:

ill find some flotation devices:boobies:

DieselNuts
10-06-2008, 09:39 AM
ill find some flotation devices:boobies:
lulz, thats all you need :goodjob:

SleepingTalon
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Seeing as how you corrected someone else on the kick that set up the punch, Im suprised you didnt see that the punch landed straight on the chin, not the jaw.

In the fight world, a shot on the jaw/chin/button is actually considered the entire "U" that runs side to side, from behind the ear on both sides of the face. I know this because I train every day, and when sparring, that's your primary target. It's all the same thing, as it jars the same nerve that produces the KO.

ueyedgr8tness
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Gina
..l
..l
.\/
./\
..l
..l
Me

I dont remember how it ended, but I do remember she looked like a man...

x2

Z33_kid
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
bout time lol

alpine_aw11
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
the fat dude b4 him got robbed too imo bc as soon as he hit the floor the ref was calling the fight. o

Come on dude, Arlovski would've crucified his ass if the ref wouldn't have stopped it. He clearly couldn't handle anymore after that, his ass got DROPPED. Refs have to consider safety of the fighters and that fat dude could've been hurt bad if Arlovski would have been allowed to keep going.

And btw, I'm pretty positive the shot that dropped Kimbo caught him right above his eye.

SleepingTalon
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Come on dude, Arlovski would've crucified his ass if the ref wouldn't have stopped it. He clearly couldn't handle anymore after that, his ass got DROPPED. Refs have to consider safety of the fighters and that fat dude could've been hurt bad if Arlovski would have been allowed to keep going.

And btw, I'm pretty positive the shot that dropped Kimbo caught him right above his eye.

Nah, it was right on the button/jaw/chin. Seth confirmed this too in his post fight interview. The cut above Kmbo's eye was from the 7 unanswered GnP shots he ate.

alpine_aw11
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Nah, it was right on the button/jaw/chin. Seth confirmed this too in his post fight interview. The cut above Kmbo's eye was from the 7 unanswered GnP shots he ate.

Oh ok. I couldn't really tell from the video and the announcers were all saying it caught him on the eyebrow. Doesn't really matter, Kimbo got dropped.

BTEC
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Kimbo is garbage, and this was proof
so he got to where hes at from being garbage? right. as if u dont have bad days. there are always gonna be haters that cant wait to see u fall, so whatever.

ShooterMcGavin
10-06-2008, 10:32 PM
kimbo really made me laugh, i really appreciated those 14 seconds of epic beatdown action :lmao: