PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what this is, or have a color pic (d16y8)

stephen
10-03-2008, 12:03 AM
long story short, i rebuilt a d16y8 and i'm missing something. the upper timing cover bolts to the part i'm missing (on the intake manifold side), so i'm assuming it's some sort of dust shield that goes behind the timing belt (against the head). i had everything laid out all nice and neat (bagged and tagged everything). i think i left it on when i took the head to the machine shop, and they forgot to give it back. the problem is...i don't know what the hell it is, i just know it's missing. i know it's not a mechanical part...but i still need it (i don't want to give the car back with a part missing lol). who would've figured...i didn't lose not one bolt or nut, but i'm missing this decent sized piece.

here's 2 pics of what i'm talking about. the first shows the 2 screws that screw to it. the screws go through the upper cover and into the the head on the exhaust side, then into *missing part* on the intake side. i drew an arrow on the second pic to show what it is that i'm missing.

RBS
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
its just for the bolts to secure the cam cover on. its on there pretty secure already when you put the valve cover on but youll live without it.

seanrg1116
10-03-2008, 12:00 PM
a friend of mine might have one i could give u cheap if u live around gwinnett. I will check with him tonight.