PDA

View Full Version : Starter relay switch.

madwun
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
What's up? I can't find the starter relay switch for my 91 ls. Can anyone give me a hand? I'm not havin any fun driving a 2002 Accord. Thanks...

Tech5
10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
starter relay switch lol...If your starter isnt engaging then its either in the ignition switch, or bad starter, Not a relay ...Hit the starter with a hammer or something heavy an hard as someone is trying to crank it, if it cranks then you will need a starter if it doesnt make sure its getting a signal to the ignition wire, an power to the BIG wire, its constent power...hope this helps Joshua

mitch lab
10-02-2008, 09:29 PM
push start ..lol

Tech5
10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
push start ..lol
I am too fatt to do that shltt any more:lmfao:

BTEC
10-02-2008, 09:31 PM
what he said is the skinny little wire that plugs into the started should get 12 volts (or light a test light) when someone is hold the keys in start/crank position. The big wire that attatches to the started with the 12mm bolt should have 12 volts (or light a test light) all the time because it comes straight from the battery.

If the skinny wire does as posted u got ignition switch problems more than likely.
If both test does as posted then u need a starter. (assuming ur stater is bolted down which is how the starter is grounded).

Good luck dood!!

Tech5
10-02-2008, 09:33 PM
what he said is the skinny little wire that plugs into the started should get 12 volts (or light a test light) when someone is hold the keys in start/crank position. The big wire that attatches to the started with the 12mm NUTshould have 12 volts (or light a test light) all the time because it comes straight from the battery.

If the skinny wire does as posted u got ignition switch problems more than likely.
If both test does as posted then u need a starter. (assuming ur stater is bolted down which is how the starter is grounded).

Good luck dood!!

Fixed it for ya!!!

BTEC
10-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Fixed it for ya!!!
preciate that haws.

Tech5
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
;) ;) ;) ;)
preciate that haws.

Just thought I would NICK PICK you!

BTEC