PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

wes_297
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I have a 94 honda civic with a b18c swap. I drove it to the store the other day and when i came back and parked it, it wouldnt star again. It is getting fuell but no spark. It also sounds different when you try to start it, kinda like its slower and weaker. So far i have changed the distributor, the cap , rotor, plugs, and wires. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know as soon as possable

Thanks,
Wes

zLuvTheSx
10-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm guessing that you have already check the battary and starter, right?

wes_297
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
the battery is good. How would i go about checking the starter?

zLuvTheSx
10-02-2008, 12:16 PM
The only way I know to check it is to replace it. You could get one off ebay for like 50. bucks maybe. I'll keep looking to see if it could be anything else.

mitch lab
10-02-2008, 02:50 PM
check the coil pack and igniter in the dizzy. Check your timing.

hadouken
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
well i was told u could hit the starter it would crank so i mean if it does then there's your problem

dohc4.6sc
10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
try jumping the starter off, if not then i would start diagnosing the fuel system.

stephen
10-03-2008, 12:20 AM
if the motor turns when you turn the key, then it's probably not the starter. if it was the starter, you should be able to roll start it. either way, if you wanted to get it checked just take it off and run it up to autozone, they'll check it for free. it probably sounds weaker due to you attempting to keep starting it, and draining your battery.

seems like you've changed everything in the ignition system except for the coil. see if you're getting spark out of the coil. if not, make sure the plug and wiring for it is good FIRST (going to-from the coil). if that's all good, then replace the coil.

fly-n-low
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree with mp82. I had a del sol to which the ignition coil inside the distributor went bad and wouldnt start, but would turn over. I replaced the distributor with a brand new one and a week later the same thing happened.

The main cause is due to the failure of the O-Ring on the shaft of the distributor that allows oil and/or excess heat to enter in and cause the electronics to fail. At least the ones at the AZone place...! But at least theirs offer a life time guarantee.

chip P.
10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
do u know if you're getting good spark?.. check spark coming from the dis. do u knw how to chek for it.?..the screw driver way?..
btw...i need more cowbell lol

gerardojdm
10-10-2008, 01:59 AM
the battery is good. How would i go about checking the starter?

yo check the ground on the alternator, make sure it aint loose, if it sounds weaker every time u start it, that means something is killling ur battery