PDA

View Full Version : how to mount EP3 into EK hatchback. please help

quiet_s0ng
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
i really need some help on this. i've look on honda tech but the best it came up with is how to mount the ep3 seats into an em2. i seen members ride on here with the ep3 seats in the ek hatch and em1 coupe and please please please help me with this. pictures or instru is needed. and if you don't want to give up the info i'll pay you $50 to put them in for me.

LightningSpeed
10-01-2008, 12:01 PM
first how are you going to be paying? Cash, Check, or Money order?

Motivation
10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
hmmm... where do you live? I never messed with changing out honda seats, but just put evo 8 seats in a 1g eclipse... wasn't fun, so figuring this probably won't be much harder... Do the brackets line up at all? can you take the rails from one seat and put them on the other? (we had to fabricate every bracket)

quiet_s0ng
10-01-2008, 12:59 PM
cash, i'm in clay co. the brackets doesn't line up. the mounting points on the floor of my hatch are space wider then the ep3 sliders on the two front holes. the rear mount space close to the door, the slider mount doesn't go over that bump. and the other floor mount spot the slider mount is too short to reach the floor mount spot at the center of the car. i just tried to switch out the whole bracket from my hatch seat to the ep3 but the side brackets are different so none of the screw holes even come close to each other. looks to me the best way to do it is to cut off the mount bracket off the ep3 sliders and weld in new ones to match up to the floor mount spots on my hatch. if there's any other way i would love to know.

Krappy
10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
requires making a custom bracket, involving cutting and welding..

quiet_s0ng
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
requires making a custom bracket, involving cutting and welding..

damn! okay doesn't anyone know any shop that can do this for me?

SRCRX
10-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Did you try the EM1 seat sliders on the EP3 seats??

SRCRX
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Looked on HT and this is what I found

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1959183

This preson did a seat pan swap, hope this helps!!