PDA

View Full Version : LED lightbulbs

LightningSpeed
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Where would I find some locally for purchase?
Northeast Ga area.

Nex
10-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Where would I find some locally for purchase?
Northeast Ga area. seen some at pepboys.

DeeAOne
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
autozone has them also.

RL...
10-01-2008, 11:34 PM
If you know where the riverside sonic meet is, there is a place called premiertech less than 1 mile away form there. From L-ville suwannee rd turn onto riverside pkwy, make a right at the light @ the qt/sonic and I believe it's in the business park with 3100 address..I don't remember 100% the address but if you look there you'll find it

LED's are def nice and worth it! :2cents:

good prices there and good ppl

I have LED's all the way around my car and the interior as well, I like uniformity..:D

eYezs1ck
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
check IA lol

Nittanys1
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Just make sure you don't cheap out when you buy the LEDs. With quality comes price!

DOes anyone on here have LED headlights? I personally don't thing they are going to work that well. My gf works for the US leading LED manufacture and schools me every time when I try to talk LEDs...

LightningSpeed
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Just make sure you don't cheap out when you buy the LEDs. With quality comes price!

DOes anyone on here have LED headlights? I personally don't thing they are going to work that well. My gf works for the US leading LED manufacture and schools me every time when I try to talk LEDs...

Is it always the more expensive it is the better? How are you able to tell the difference of quality between different priced LEDs? Before purchase

Nittanys1
10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
most of the time yes. You need to find out who their manufacturer is.

kittychick
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Is it always the more expensive it is the better? How are you able to tell the difference of quality between different priced LEDs? Before purchase

well that depends on the LED you are buying- the 3,4 and 5mm LEDs have been around for more then 20 years, so they are down to the :2cents:
however, when you're talking about a LOT of light out of LEDs (generally referred to as 1 watt, 3 watt etc) these LEDs have only been around for 5 yrs or less; so a good quality LED with major engineering hours behind it will cost you more

this is why you don't see a lot of LEDs options for head lights- only a couple of companies in the industry work closely with car manufactures to engineer this type of "super/ hyper bright" white LEDs (I hate this terminology- but sometimes you've got use the "verbag of the general public).

Nothing out of China is up to par yet for headlights... if you are looking for a good product, expect it to cost at LEAST $100 for a head light bulb replacement, but I would guess it to be even higher then that to get anything good.

Major issues to concern yourself with:
-color quality (cheaply made white LEDs turn blue- the prosper process is poor)
-lifetime (true you're not going to drive your car until your dead, but you want a manufacture's warranty on the product- and just FYI if its a good LED, chances are the LED will last longer then other electronic components of the light engine)

that's kind of it... remember its worth the research and happy shopping :goodjob:

LightningSpeed
10-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for all the tips fellas! Reps if i can

Silvrmaxx
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
If you know where the riverside sonic meet is, there is a place called premiertech less than 1 mile away form there. From L-ville suwannee rd turn onto riverside pkwy, make a right at the light @ the qt/sonic and I believe it's in the business park with 3100 address..I don't remember 100% the address but if you look there you'll find it

LED's are def nice and worth it! :2cents:

good prices there and good ppl

I have LED's all the way around my car and the interior as well, I like uniformity..:D

PremierTek...this is the best place i have found. i told nissantun3r about it and several other ppl. very reasonable prices and have never had a problem with quality. the address is 1305 lakes parkway suite 107 Lawrenceville ga 30043. phone number is 678 407 2062. talk to raymond.:goodjob:

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
ive used several different LEDS and they are cool to look at but i wouldnt use them to illuminate the road. Have had some crap luck trying to get them to work, and i have some INTENSE leds.

Good luck, they are amazing for interior lighting.

Silvrmaxx
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
why would you use LED's to illuminate the road? jus curious

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
why would you use LED's to illuminate the road? jus curious

well i was guessing from other's posts that was what he was trying for.

I tried them for my tail lights for the "hyper" white look. And they look cool but dont light anything behind me like a filament.

DSGB-GTS
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I buy my LEDs from Ledmod. The owners name is Sean and he makes very high quality LEDs. He can also make any kind of custom gauge face design you can possibly dream up. Here is a link.

http://banners.newcelica.org/click.php?did=82&url=http://store.ledmod.com&alt_text=LED MODIFIED

LightningSpeed
actually, Im trying to find a replacement bulb for my interior clock light. I just need the bulb, without the base, because i have to take the bulb out of the base, and replace it with the one in the clock.

Silvrmaxx
o alright. in partial i would have to agree with you. i have them in my reverse lights and theyh are not exactly the birhgtest bulbs to use for backing up. they do look cool, but not what i was expecting in the reverse lights... interior and auxillary/sidemarker lighting, thehy are excellent. i have them for my tag lights as well and they are definately brighter for seeing the license plate...

Silvrmaxx
10-07-2008, 01:50 PM
actually, Im trying to find a replacement bulb for my interior clock light. I just need the bulb, without the base, because i have to take the bulb out of the base, and replace it with the one in the clock.

do you know what size bulb it is?

Silvrmaxx
10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
PremierTek may or may not be able to help you out with that... i know they sell LED replacements for regular incandescent bulbs, but im not sure about just an individual LED, but then again i havent asked either...

rrutter81
10-07-2008, 01:59 PM
i dont use regular 3-5mm leds anymore. Ive had alot better luck with the plcc-2 smd/smt chip style leds. they are really bright.

LightningSpeed
10-07-2008, 07:31 PM
PremierTek may or may not be able to help you out with that... i know they sell LED replacements for regular incandescent bulbs, but im not sure about just an individual LED, but then again i havent asked either...

Ya i went to premier but i was unable to remove the bulb from the base.

AnthonyF
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
DO NOT BUY THOSE SH*TTY LED'S FROM AUTOZONE!!!

They are dangerous and unsafe. They do not use the reflector of the lamp housing. LOok on ebay for some. They have the ones with LED"s on the sides and back so it reflects. Also, these are expensive but the BEST:

spiderlite.com

-Ant.

kittychick
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
lookie lookie what I was told about today! :cool:

Interior application :

Dashboard
Switches
Reading Lights
Door Lights
Audio and video system
Telematics