PDA

View Full Version : School: 1957 vs 2007

Stormhammer
10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2007

Scenario:

Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counsellors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:

Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it

Scenario:

Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2007- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

K20Z1
10-01-2008, 11:47 AM
its 2008

ksniperfox
10-01-2008, 11:47 AM
ok.

OWN3R
10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
yeah man way times have changed

ksniperfox
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
its 2008

no ****. whats your point? thread does not state 1957 vs current. it clearly states 2007.

reps for being like pedro and failing english. go to summer school you piece of ****.

ShooterMcGavin
10-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Jokes: 1957 vs 2007......still not funny.......

Ran
10-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Repost, but still true.

DJ Maestro
10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
The tr00f man. I lirl'd. :goodjob:

mocha latte cupcake
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
all true. so sad.

Hulud
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Scenario:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

funny, sad and true

alpine_aw11
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
All of these are so true. The school system pretty much promotes not defending yourself now. I've seen fights at school where a kid gets blindsided, then gets paneled and kicked out for defending himself. I guess they want to raise a generation of pussies.

turbosx©
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the panel board is retarded.

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Panel board FTL.

They kicked me out of school because I was defending myself.

Stormhammer
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
All of these are so true. The school system pretty much promotes not defending yourself now. I've seen fights at school where a kid gets blindsided, then gets paneled and kicked out for defending himself. I guess they want to raise a generation of pussies.

Funny, the forum I got this from said the EXACT same thing.

ksniperfox
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Panel board FTL.

They kicked me out of school because I was defending myself.

i got paneled cause i had a machete in my car. over 2 feet long. got 2-3 weeks suspension i think. then i just got discouraged/lazy by makeup work and quit.

Alan®
10-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Funny, the forum I got this from said the EXACT same thing.
Yup same thing just happened to my sister last week. Some kid hit her and she she pushed him off of her and she still got suspended.

DrivenMind
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm one of the ones who was disrupting classes, and prescribed large doses of speed to calm down.

FlipKing
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Ima get someone to just get the **** beat out of them, not fight back, then sue the school system for limiting the ability to fight back. Win millions, split the money. who is down?

alpine_aw11
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Ima get someone to just get the **** beat out of them, not fight back, then sue the school system for limiting the ability to fight back. Win millions, split the money. who is down?

That would be pretty funny. Wouldn't work of course, but I would definitely laugh if it did.

K20Z1
10-01-2008, 02:40 PM

me

FasTech
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Funny and True!

VooDooXII
10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
****'s pretty funny...I got in trouble once for having cough drops with me.