PDA

View Full Version : SO it is the state / local Govts FAULT!

JoeCoolinATL
09-03-2005, 05:46 PM
SO it is the state / local Govts FAULT!
as on cnn live right now.

reported that the president issued a state of disaster for the new orleans area.
BEFORE THE HURRICANE HIT AND MADE LANDFALL

but
due to the fact that the state and local govts didnt call in fema as they are supposed to in this situation when it is declared, they werent mobilized till after.

ha.
yep musta been bush's fault

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Right when bush took office, they were putting in money aside to make the leevys stronger just incase a strong hurricane did hit new orleans nothing bad would happen, but bush didnt like that idea and thought the leevys were fine the way it is and took the money out for something else..God knows what. so this whole flooding thing is all Bush's Fault, and the hurricane just caused all the power outages and homes destroyed and everything else on that line..the leevys could have been build alot stronger just in time for this hurricane..but no, so now look what happened to that city.

JoeCoolinATL
09-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Right when bush took office, they were putting in money aside to make the leevys stronger just incase a strong hurricane did hit new orleans nothing bad would happen, but bush didnt like that idea and thought the leevys were fine the way it is and took the money out for something else..God knows what. so this whole flooding thing is all Bush's Fault, and the hurricane just caused all the power outages and homes destroyed and everything else on that line..the leevys could have been build alot stronger just in time for this hurricane..but no, so now look what happened to that city.

glad to see the misinformed and uneducated people are still posting.
let me correct you.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-050901corps,1,7189346.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Thursday that a lack of funding for hurricane-protection projects around New Orleans did not contribute to the disastrous flooding that followed Hurricane Katrina.

In a telephone interview with reporters, corps officials said that although portions of the flood-protection levees remain incomplete, the levees near Lake Pontchartrain that gave way—inundating much of the city—were completed and in good condition before the hurricane.

However, they noted that the levees were designed for a Category 3 hurricane and couldn’t handle the ferocious winds and raging waters from Hurricane Katrina, which was a Category 4 storm when it hit the coastline. The decision to build levees for a Category 3 hurricane was made decades ago based on a cost-benefit analysis.

“I don’t see that the level of funding was really a contributing factor in this case,” said Lt. Gen. Carl Strock, chief of engineers for the corps. “Had this project been fully complete, it is my opinion that based on the intensity of this storm that the flooding of the business district and the French Quarter would have still taken place.”

Strock also denied that escalating costs from the war in Iraq contributed to reductions in funding for hurricane projects in Louisiana, as some critics have suggested. Records show that corps funding for the Louisiana projects has generally decreased in recent years.

rolling_trip
09-03-2005, 05:59 PM

Do you ever read before you speak? ONE MAN can not cut spending. Besides that even if they would have rebuilt the levy, it was a CAT 4 storm that hit, the walls could have possibly protected from a CAT 3 storm, but no guarantee. WE have had these discussions on other threads, lets no get it started again.

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Then it would be better off if people stop making these threads on IA when we already have so many of the same damn THREADS on the same Topic.

rolling_trip
09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
by the way -1 for u for beating a dead horse

A.P. Photography
09-03-2005, 06:03 PM
still making asnine comments I see. :rolleyes:

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey Smart Kid- Post your Threads in the POLITICAL Section! ;)..My 2 Ceeennts.

Leisa
09-03-2005, 06:12 PM
still making asnine comments I see. :rolleyes:

you know its the only thing he is good for...

Brett
09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Then it would be better off if people stop making these threads on IA when we already have so many of the same damn THREADS on the same Topic.

It would also be better for you to do some research before you even attempt to sound smart. And you wonder why everyone on IA is riding your ass. As stated before so you can have a refresh course, this levee has needed to be upgraded from day one but local NOL government for 40 years felt it wasnt worth the money to do it. Its not the US govenents job to supply the state money to build a better levee when they should have done it right the first time.

Brett
09-03-2005, 06:20 PM
I just banned him, Im so sick of his stupid no education comments, And when he comes back under is new name he already made, if he continues to be a dumb ass we will ban him at the IP ( and yes dude we can ban all static IP's in your cluster seeing you think you can get by that )

kilpatty43
09-03-2005, 06:45 PM
but isnt fema overseas??? im thinking they are thus why the delay in their response

Brett
09-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Are you seruois? FEMA is our federal emergency agency here in the US

YokotaS13
09-03-2005, 06:47 PM
but isnt fema overseas??? im thinking they are thus why the delay in their response
that's the funniest thing you've said yet

kilpatty43
09-03-2005, 06:50 PM
i know what it is...but for some reason i thought they were overseas helping with the tsunami efforts....i think i read that someweher...but i dont know...i mya have gotten it confused

Julio
09-03-2005, 06:53 PM

WoW lolololo..... Please dont VOTE :crazy: :lmfao:

Brett
09-03-2005, 06:54 PM
i know what it is...but for some reason i thought they were overseas helping with the tsunami efforts....i think i read that someweher...but i dont know...i mya have gotten it confused

We have sent help there, But FEMA is our emergency responce agency here in the U.S

kilpatty43
09-03-2005, 06:57 PM
ok my bad jesus...last i heard is that they were helping out over there...forgive me for not being up to date on where the fuck they are

kilpatty43
09-03-2005, 06:58 PM
WoW lolololo..... Please dont VOTE :crazy: :lmfao:
give me a god damn break....i said i wasnt sure...and ive explained myself so back up off me damn

Julio
09-03-2005, 07:07 PM
give me a god damn break....i said i wasnt sure...and ive explained myself so back up off me damn

relax.... Do you my see smilies... :eye:

A.P. Photography
09-03-2005, 07:10 PM
you know its the only thing he is good for...
I know but how many times can you beat a dead horse :confused:

Brett
09-03-2005, 07:15 PM
He wont anymore, Julio banned about 20 of his IP's, and when he gets more we will take them to...lol

C22H19N3O4
09-03-2005, 07:41 PM
The lack of coordination in response to this incident is the fault of local, state, and federal agencies. "In July 2004, more than 40 federal, state, local and volunteer organizations practiced this very scenario in a five-day simulation code-named "Hurricane Pam," where they had to deal with an imaginary storm that destroyed over half a million buildings in New Orleans and forced the evacuation of a million residents." Source (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050902/ts_nm/weather_katrina_criticism_dc_1)

I hope no one seriously blames Bush for the actual hurricane. But, there were concerns raised when FEMA became a part of DHS. This has been an issue for some time, and veterans of FEMA predicted they may not be able to respond promptly in the face of future catastrophic natural disasters. Source: Disaster in the making (http://www.indyweek.com/durham/2004-09-22/cover.html)

D16Civic
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Ive gotten tired of all the blaming and pointing fingers. What, does it really satisfy people to have someone to blame?? What does babbling about its his fault, no its their fault crap do? I mean, seriously, why people are still trying to find someone to blame, there are still people's lives that need to be saved.

What happened has already happened, there is nothing we can do about that now, we cant go back and change it. Ok, maybe the response was slow or watever, but thats in the past now, what we need to be thinking about is whats ahead, about the people who still need help and how we are goin to help them, the people that have no place to go and not much to call their own, not bitch about the crap thats already happened.

Not to say later, we dont need to talk about it and try to resolve it so if anything were to happen again, the same thing wouldnt happen. I just dont think while all this is still goin on is the right time to do it. Even tho i also know there isnt so much we can do from where we are about the whole situation, ive just got tired of all the blaming threads.

sorry for the rant, i just wanted to say that and this thread seemed as good as any to do it in

HEATON
09-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Do you ever read before you speak? ONE MAN can not cut spending. Besides that even if they would have rebuilt the levy, it was a CAT 4 storm that hit, the walls could have possibly protected from a CAT 3 storm, but no guarantee. WE have had these discussions on other threads, lets no get it started again.

^ My new best friend..+1! Finally, ppl get the point. We have "Check and Balances" for a reason, and not one person can do ANYTHING in the Govt, no matter at what level unless it the mayor of Ghost-town. Plus Yea, even if the walls were any bigger/better they still wouldnt have stopped the flooding, the local ppl were not equipped nor motovated to react and move. Im also willing to bet is Bush and the Fed govt agreed b4 this all happen to make the levees HUGE that some type of bitches would complain bc they were ugly or something and want them takin down, then it flood and then the same bitch woulda blamed it on Bush/Govt.