PDA

View Full Version : What the world thinks...

djmaddmartin
09-03-2005, 04:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4210674.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4211320.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4210808.stm

Its time for all the right wing fanatical Bush supporters to admit they supported a completely inadequate, stupid and out of touch moron. How long are you going to keep supporting a man that even moderate republicans are now wishing they didn't support. The whole world knows who this guy is and what a pathetic joke he really is. I'd take Jeb Bush over his idiot older brother any day. At least he has half a brain.

Desdicado
09-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Considering Americans are descendants of the people the rest of the world didn't want, remind me again why we should care what they think?

I'm feeling rather inquisitive tonight so here are several more questions for you, answer as best you can:

What would John Kerry have done differently?

What would you have done differently? Don't give me any bullshit about Levees and dykes (Unless you have a time machine), just tell me what you would have done differently starting 5 days before the storm hit and immediately thereafter.

What do you believe the job of the Federal Government is, and do you believe that the Fed was in a better position to handle things than the State and local Governments with whom the power and responsibility immediately preceeding and following these events rests.

Do you believe in the Federal system? In our Constitution?

djmaddmartin
09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Lots of questions. Lots of anger. Its ok to feel angry when you've been bamboozled.

Desdicado
09-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Me? I have no anger, you're the one dodging the questions. They're straight forward and simple, should take you no more than 2 minutes to answer them, maybe 5 tops if you put some thought into it.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 03:13 AM
I would have had the Nation Guard prepared in advance (all the red tape and
paper work taken care of in advance) and mobilized. We can send troops to any
part of the world in 24hrs but we can't be ready to help our own with 5 days
notice.

The job of the Federal Government is to serve and protect the people of the
United States. And everyone is held accountable. The local is the fingers, the
state is the hand and the Fed is the arm. In the end its the arms responsibility
to act if the the finger then the hand appears to be in trouble.

I believe in the federal system and the Constitution unlike the conservative
republicans and the right wing christians who only see it as a document to be
held to the letter only when it supports their views and ignored when it doesn't.

How's about them answers. Here some info you won't find on Faux News.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15926352%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=president%2dapocalypse-name_page.html

SNapper
09-04-2005, 04:47 AM
everyone is bitching because they think if something bad happens the feds are supposed to come make everything ok instantly. when you get hit by a huricane of that magnitude your going to get fucked up and nothing anyone can do is going to make anything much better for a long time. bottom line is no matter what president is in office when a huricane like that hits. your fucked.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 05:25 AM
True. Your fucked. But the level of afterfuck is directly affected by how quickly the response with aid is and the amount of aid recieved. This is directley controled by the commander and chief... guess who.... Dubya! But he chose to go on vacation.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Lets face.... All you young republicans are faced with the fact that ya backed a dud not only once but a second time. Thats like getting bitch slapped and asking for more.

Case in point...
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

rolling_trip
09-04-2005, 07:42 AM
wow, i gues we all should get our news from overseas. No more USA made news for me, clearly you are on to something here.

rolling_trip
09-04-2005, 07:44 AM
ps "Bushs hates Blacks"

quickdodge®
09-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Madmartin, why can't you just hop on the next flight out of the country and leave? I don't see why anyone would want to live somewhere where they aren't happy. Later, QD.

Desdicado
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
I would have had the Nation Guard prepared in advance (all the red tape and
paper work taken care of in advance) and mobilized. We can send troops to any
part of the world in 24hrs but we can't be ready to help our own with 5 days
notice.

The job of the Federal Government is to serve and protect the people of the
United States. And everyone is held accountable. The local is the fingers, the
state is the hand and the Fed is the arm. In the end its the arms responsibility
to act if the the finger then the hand appears to be in trouble.

I believe in the federal system and the Constitution unlike the conservative
republicans and the right wing christians who only see it as a document to be
held to the letter only when it supports their views and ignored when it doesn't.

How's about them answers. Here some info you won't find on Faux News.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15926352%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=president%2dapocalypse-name_page.html

Good answers.
1) Now, where would you stage the National Guard and relief supplies ahead of time? Would you station them to the East of Louisiana where the major highways are that lead into New Orleans? Had you done that (as the storm was supposed to hit dead on to New Orleans) all you'd have done is turned your relief supplies and National Guardsmen into additional casualties. Stationed them to the West, in Texas? Only one major highway leading there to LA and it was also flooded in parts, plus slammed with refugees and debris. As that is where most of the relief supplies are coming in from, you'd be no better off than Bush is now. That "Red Tape" (I can only assume you're talking about the Posse Comitatus Act) is not such a simple thing to get rid of. You have to show justifiable cause and extreme circumstances at that time in order to get it relaxed. As soon as there was shooting and the Police fled, that is exactly what happened. There was no other way to bypass it, as otherwise the Act wouldn't be worth the paper its written on.

Oh, and actually, it's 36 hours. The Marines were deployed to NOLA in less than 24 hours once they had legal approval to go in.

2) Legally the Evacuation plan, handling of the National Guard and Police deployments, and preparation of Emergency Relief rests with the States with the Federal Government to do as it's asked in these matters. The Federal Government is only allowed to move in once the State has requested it or all order has collapsed (as was the case of Louisiana). Otherwise, the Government would have been trampling all over States Rights as laid out by the Constitution. The City of New Orleans was supposed to have a FEMA approved Evacuation plan (they didn't), same goes for the Louisiana (they didn't). They were supposed to be prepared, they weren't. The Federal Government was and handled it to the best of their abilities. I mean, the Mayor of New Orleans has completely lost it. He's now going on about how the CIA is going to 'remove him' for insulting Bush.

3) What took place in Louisiana as far as the matter of relief supplies and Federal reaction took place exactly how our laws say it is to. The only failure here was that of the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor to come up with a plan (ahead of time) and then properly follow it. They were the ones with whom the power and responsibility rested and they failed miserably. If you knew anything of Constitutional Law or how our Republic functions then you would know that it is a rare case indeed when the Federal Government is allowed to send in normal Army or Marine units into a State. There have been less than a half a dozen instances in the entire course of history when this has been allowed. Otherwise it's always fallen to the Governors, Mayors, and National Guard to handle situations even worse than this. Go read up on Gavelston in 1900 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

So, even with hindsight, you've done no better than Bush. Just for the record, I voted for Gore in 2000 and Michael Badnarik (Libertarian) in 04. I voted for my first Republican last year, Herman Caine.

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Madmartin, why can't you just hop on the next flight out of the country and leave? I don't see why anyone would want to live somewhere where they aren't happy. Later, QD.

Exactly... You were given 2 legs and a mind of your own for a reason, use them, and move to somewhere you DO like. Try Cuba, see how you like the leadership/freedom there.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Here comes the second most common republican lashing out when faced with something they clearly can't defend in intelligent debate. "Sniff.. Sniff.. So if you don't like it...sniff sniff like it leave the country!" The first most common resoponse is on the Bushisms thread. Lets face it, your threated because someone has you backed up against the wall in a good debate. Go check out your right wing fox news or something and come back with something better. I have many republican friends I enjoy debating with that can do far better than this. Get some education and then get back with me. Pleassseeee.

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Here comes the second most common republican lashing out when faced with something they clearly can't defend in intelligent debate. "Sniff.. Sniff.. So if you don't like it...sniff sniff like it leave the country!" The first most common resoponse is on the Bushisms thread. Lets face it, your threated because someone has you backed up against the wall in a good debate. Go check out your right wing fox news or something and come back with something better. I have many republican friends I enjoy debating with that can do far better than this. Get some education and then get back with me. Pleassseeee.

Nice job avoiding the question. And no, I do not like debating with people like yourself, sorry.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Not avoiding the question, just want something intelligent to debate. I'm not the President's speech writer but how's about this. Bush responded to the mounting criticism today

"America, I could have done better. Mistakes were made that I will take steps correct never let happen again. (off camera..." make sure no one knows I'm on vacation damn it!" " I love riding my bike!" " Weeeeeeeeeeee"

And people like yourself I enjoy debating, and watching you Dumbya! Oh I'm sorry, I can't see your face. But I'm sure it looks like this

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Not avoiding the question, just want something intelligent to debate. I'm not the President's speech writer but how's about this. Bush responded to the mounting criticism today

"America, I could have done better. Mistakes were made that I will take steps correct never let happen again. (off camera..." make sure no one knows I'm on vacation damn it!" " I love riding my bike!" " Weeeeeeeeeeee"

And people like yourself I enjoy debating, and watching you Dumbya! Oh I'm sorry, I can't see your face. But I'm sure it looks like this

Ummm wrong thread dude... this isn't about your makeup speech... It's in response to QD's original question, WHY ARE YOU LIVING IN AMERICA IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT????? And sorry pal, but I dont need to debate with you to feel stupid, every word I read of yours kills about a 1000 brain cells with all the bullshit you are spitting out.

rolling_trip
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
i hear delta.com has great prices on oneway tickets, you should check them out

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Lets ask everyone to leave that doesn't think or act or agree with whats being dished out. What load of crap! Are you that dumb that all you can do is ask people to leave if they don't like it. Real people don't leave! They stand up, make them selves heard and fight for what is right against what they see as wrong. Thats what has made this country great. If you want your conservative little christian nation with no one challenging you, why don't you move. You'd be much happier.

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Lets ask everyone to leave that doesn't think or act or agree with whats being dished out. What load of crap! Are you that dumb that all you can do is ask people to leave if they don't like it. Real people don't leave! They stand up, make them selves heard and fight for what is right against what they see as wrong. Thats what has made this country great. If you want your conservative little christian nation with no one challenging you, why don't you move. You'd be much happier.

I'm happy as I am, just dont understand why folks who aren't happy continue to stay where they are not happy. You aren't challenging me... you are challenging the leader of America, who was voted in, democratically.

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Puh leeeezzee. Barley voted in. But come to think of it. The pilgrams did leave england! But they were extreme right wing consevatives so I think your right. But its you that should do the leaving if your so for it! But I'd like you to stay. Because its one big world:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

Desdicado
09-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Puh leeeezzee. Barley voted in. But come to think of it. The pilgrams did leave england! But they were extreme right wing consevatives so I think your right. But its you that should do the leaving if your so for it! But I'd like you to stay. Because its one big world:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

"Barely", lol he got a majority of the votes (over 49%). By all definitions, thats all that is needed for a "popular mandate", don't like it, go to somewhere else because thats how our system works. In a two party system, that's all you're going to see as over the course of the years the margins have gotten closer as the parties have come into line with each other.

Now seriously, are you capable of intelligently debating a point or are you reduced to spewing the same oral diarrheatic of every other unthinking stoodge out there? From what I've seen so far the answering I'm guessing at is leaning heavily towards the "I need toilet paper for my mouth."

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 02:10 PM
what majority? LOL

Desdicado
09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
what majority? LOL

*sigh*

You're really going to make me go dig through my old college books and start quoting you something that had you payed attention to in High School Civics you'd have already known aren't you?

ma·jor·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "majority" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-jôr-t, -jr-)
n. pl. ma·jor·i·ties

1. The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.
2. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast, as in an election, exceeds the total number of remaining votes.

from CNN.Com (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/)
Bush (Incumbent): 62,040,606 (51%)
Kerry: 59,028,109 (48%)
Nader: 411,304 (1%)

I will refer you to definition 1.

And now from a College textbook "Government by the People" (Burns, Peltason, Cronin, Magleby, O'Brien, Light) National Version, Twentieth Edition.

"Majority(Plurality)Rule Majority Rule--governance according to the expressed preferences of the majority--it is a basic rule of democracy. The majority candidate or party is the one that receives more than half the votes and so wins the election and takes charge of the government until the next election. In practice, however, majority rule is often plurality rule, in which the candidate or party with the most votes wins the election, even though it may not constitute a true majority of more than half the votes. About a third of our presidents have won with pluralities in the popular vote rather than majorities." (page 9, paragraph 3)

Why don't you try talking about something you actually have a clue about?

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to say that its not the majority of the country. Many people in this country can't, couldn't or in many cases are prevented like in Florida (trooper road blocks) vote.

I just love getting you Rubbies flustered. Just remember, your backing an idiot. I wouldn't back an idiot even if he was a democrat.

turbo_spool
09-04-2005, 11:48 PM
its pretty funny watching this guy make an ass of himself... so once he realizes that Bush is in office he starts making excuses for it i.e " its not a real majority" wtf is wrong with you?, i gaurantee you that if kerry was elected you would not be saying any shit about "not being a real majority", If you dont like the way the electoral system works in america then come up with a better plan. And about the hurricane, The earth is a much greater force than humans, people like you have the idea that humans should be able to have the upper hand on mother nature and always be ready for its attacks. Well, you can't . and btw when you watch the news, do you see huge piles of dead bodies all over the street? NO i didnt think so, I think we did a good job of getting all those people out that place. When you have a disaster that big some people are gonna die, thats just how it is....

djmaddmartin
09-04-2005, 11:56 PM
You still elected an idiot. There is no argument you can pull out of your hat to change that. And why don't you ask the people that got pulled out if we did a good job. I think you will recieve a sobering revelation. I've been helping the Red Cross with our New Orleans victims and I hate to bust your bubble, but your Presidents administration once again failed the American people. And if your were in there position, you wouldn't be so flip with this situation. "Peeeople are gonna die...thats just how it is..." Hope you end up on the shit end of the stick when this Karma comes around! What have you done to help. I put my money on NOT A DAMN THING!

turbo_spool
09-05-2005, 12:00 AM
So you think you can avoid having "one person die" in a category 5 hurricane, in a city that is 10 feet below sea level?!, are you drunk?! Thats the problem with people like you, you think that EVERYTHING can be done!, but you have to look at the reality of the situation...

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok pee brain. I've lived through 3 Storms when I lived in florida and I can tell you people die. But the reality is you will defend this piss poor administration to the very end, no matter how bad they fuck up. And they fucked up this time. Either out of neglect or misjudgment but eveyone that knows disasters of this magnitude all agree they fucked up. I can tell you right now there are a bunch of people in Miami that would hang you up by your nutts for being so ignorant. They know what its like to recieve the help that was denied to the people of New Orleans. Keep smackn' your lips and treating this situation like someone lost some cattle and your gonna get smacked. HARD! I still don't know if half my friends in New Orleans made it and to have you so casually dismiss their loss and misery gonna get you a smack down! Watch your self.

Desdicado
09-05-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm trying to say that its not the majority of the country. Many people in this country can't, couldn't or in many cases are prevented like in Florida (trooper road blocks) vote.

I just love getting you Rubbies flustered. Just remember, your backing an idiot. I wouldn't back an idiot even if he was a democrat.

Ok, so now its a "majority of people didn't vote for him" guess what wizkid, that same majority wouldnt have (and actually didnt) voted for Kerry either.

You can keep making excuses and I can keep showing what a fool you are, but in the end it provides me with about as much of a challenge as beating up on a retarded kid. I'm not going to waste my time as all you're capable of is repeating "Bush is an idiot na na na na na na" and sticking your fingers in your ear. Come back when you're capable of playing with the big kids and having an intelligent conversation.

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Oh I'm here. And true, the majority wouldn't have voted for Kerry. I just wanted to make a point that he didn't have the majority. But have you noticed that no one can deny they elected a leader that is an idiot. Not one. Because the evidence is so overwhelming. And having an idiot as president can lead our country down a dangerous road. I nearly lost my younger step brother in Iraq and I'm not happy about where this country is headed. We are gladdly smiling as we give our rights, lives and common sense away. How far will we let this go. But I'm glad to see that not all the Rubbies are morons. I look forward to a good debate. Bring your proof though as I can show you a long paper trail to back mine up.

turbo_spool
09-05-2005, 09:10 AM
1.) We did not elect an idiot!!! Do you think I am the first person to say this?
2.) Last time I checked the military is vouluntary, is it not? You do not sign up to the military without the fact you could be killed crossing your mind, if you dont realize you could be killed than your an idiot...
3.) I dont know about you but I am happy the president has not sat on his ass from the attacks of 9/11, and I know what your gonna say " Iraq didnt do anything", would you of rather attacked Saudi Arabia and destroyed the US economy?

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Ok, first of all he is an idiot. I have years of evidence and can fill up an entire threat with well documented photos, statements and other moronic bluders.

2. He went back to Iraq the wrong way and for the wrong reasons and our boys are loosing their lives in a war who objectives keep disappearing or were never real.

3. Where's Osama? Hmmm. We would have had him by now except for our Pres. pissing off every country that could have helped us track him down. The terrorists are stonger than ever and more than patient to wait. We are wasting billions of dollars chasing a few insurgents when the real threat to our saftey gets all the time and breathing room in the world to plot the next bit attack.

Now your gonna disagree with me and I know it. Rubbies never back down and never admit to any mistake even when it sits bloody on the ground in front of them. You all are a bunch of gun happy cowboys that think throwing troops at every single problem we encounter is the solution. I hate to tell ya. Your way is not working. Time to reevaluate the situation and the way you handle them. But heaven forbid a Rubbie ever admit he was wrong.

turbo_spool
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Now your gonna disagree with me and I know it. Rubbies never back down and never admit to any mistake even when it sits bloody on the ground in front of them. You all are a bunch of gun happy cowboys that think throwing troops at every single problem we encounter is the solution. I hate to tell ya. Your way is not working. Time to reevaluate the situation and the way you handle them. But heaven forbid a Rubbie ever admit he was wrong.

1.) Obviously I think you are wrong, and you think I am wrong, so no i am not gonna back down because I think I am right just like you think you are right.

2.) Instead of using military force maybe we could just sit down and have a nice peaceful chat instead? right? :goodjob: I bet that would work just dandy! EVERY SINGLE WAR that our country has been in there has been opposers to, this war is no different. In a country like ours not everyones beliefs are goin to get satisfied. Majority rules, so just stfu.

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 09:52 AM
What is required is brains facilitating braun. Oh wait, Dubya aint got no brain. Were fucked.

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 09:53 AM
lets have some fun!

turbo_spool
09-05-2005, 09:54 AM
^^ nice comback, another one of you generic insults, trying to sound smarter than everyone else, if all your gonna do is call people names then gtfo.

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
It was a nice comeback. People have been using political cartoons and the such to make points for years. Its as affective today as it was years ago. But the introduction of photo manipulation has made it a lot funnier. Got you all worked up, didn't it. LOL

Check this one out. Bush photo manipulation in his ad campaigns to clone an audience so fair is fair. I also really like the photo of the veteran listening to bush's speach. It wasn't photoshoped by the way. And the picture of him as a cheerleader back in the day is priceless. You elected a cheerleader! LOL

MR. 200SX
09-05-2005, 01:46 PM
It's pointless to get into a political argument. Either republicans or democrats are going to stick for the vote even if they are eating shit because of the person they elected. People don't like to admit they made the wrong choice and let me make this clear again I'm talking democrats and republicans.

djmaddmartin
09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
True...True... Good point. There is a lot of dead people behind these mistakes though.

turbo_spool
09-05-2005, 09:21 PM
^^ you should be one of them... :2cents:

Desdicado
09-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh I'm here. And true, the majority wouldn't have voted for Kerry. I just wanted to make a point that he didn't have the majority. But have you noticed that no one can deny they elected a leader that is an idiot. Not one. Because the evidence is so overwhelming. And having an idiot as president can lead our country down a dangerous road. I nearly lost my younger step brother in Iraq and I'm not happy about where this country is headed. We are gladdly smiling as we give our rights, lives and common sense away. How far will we let this go. But I'm glad to see that not all the Rubbies are morons. I look forward to a good debate. Bring your proof though as I can show you a long paper trail to back mine up.

You are an idiot.

A majority of people who voted elected President Bush. This is a Representative Democracy based upon the Federal System. What that means is not everybody can vote, and of those who can not everyone has to. In the end all that matters is who is elected by those who actually vote. You're attempting to play a very poor game of semantics which, in the end, means jack shit. We can extrapolate from voter trends who would have won had the entire country voted. It would have been Bush (again).

It really is sad how desperate you have become, keep grasping at straws kid.

djmaddmartin
09-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Wah Wah Wah. Angry little man. You still can't rebut the fact that your President is an idiot. Keep supporting him and lets see how far in the crapper this country goes. And as for the majority who elected him. Its just more proof of how uneducated and clueless the country has gotten. I say we pass a law that you have to pass a voting competency exam to weed out all the banjo plucking, nascar loving, WWE jumpin morons that couldn't tell you what the electoral college or what it does let alone have the comon sense to weed out coke sniffing little weasel when looking for a competent leader. And oh yeah, Bush is an idiot!

More Proof
V
Four more Years!!!!!!