PDA

View Full Version : is it sexist to think a woman can't be president?

4dmin
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
is it sexist to think a woman can't be president?

the poll is a different question but goes along w/ it (the poll isn't public for those who may not want to look sexiest)

discuss.

IMO i think a man is better suited for president. yes call me sexiest. women can definitely be more intelligent then men but i think it takes a different type of character to stand up to world leaders and i think a man is better suited for it.

AlanŽ
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
dumb question.

carbon_crash
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Its sexist if the only reason you have for her not to be president is cause she is a woman.

not sexist if there are real reasons not regarding her gender

4dmin
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
dumb question.

far from it... i think it is a viable question. just like should they be able to vote? this was table discussion at one point in time. i just don't think a woman is ready to run this country. that's just me.

Vteckidd
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
if the question is "Is it sexist to think that a woman CANT be president" then my answer is YES that is sexist.

But i wont hold it against you

Spektrewing386
09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
many countries have women presidents and they are just fine

4dmin
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM

this is true but most of the big boy countries are left to men to rule... just the facts. it is a harsh world out there. i'm sure i will get crucified for such statements but this question is beyond partisanship.

sorry there is no chance in hell palin would of ever been on top of that ticket. i think another reason Hilary killed herself was her mood swings during interviews... men wouldn't vote for her.

Deke
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with a yes on this one. In all honesty I'd rather have a man in that office, but I guess that's kind of sexist thinking.

4dmin
09-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with a yes on this one. In all honesty I'd rather have a man in that office, but I guess that's kind of sexist thinking.

i would think there got to be women who would think the same... we can't be alone on this

BobbyFresco
09-30-2008, 12:08 PM
call me sexist, idc.

BanginJimmy
09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Women could be President, but I honestly dont know how world leaders would react to her. Especially with so much emphesis on the middle east and Africa where women are lower class citizens.

Total_Blender
09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
I think a woman could be president and it would be sexist to blindly reject a candidate because of their sex.

Sarah Palin is unfit to take over for Mac as president because shes an idiot, not because shes a woman.:cheers:

ironchef
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Women are more emotional, men are more logical. Therefore I'd want a man for president, not a woman.

DecoyOctopus
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
women have alot more sense than men, men are more competitive, and sometimes we just think with our cocks. but from relationship experience women are much more reasonable. i think a woman would be better for the country but it would be hard for her to be respected especially since most other countries see women as inferior to men.

metalman
09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
i think another reason Hilary killed herself was her mood swings during interviews... men wouldn't vote for her.

Hahaha...mood swings indeed...well that and the blatant lying she is famous for. lol... I think that many realized that she is a huge fukin beotch...and not in a good way either!

Men are better suited for leadership. Its part of the divine order of things...or the evolution of things if thats your bag. ;) This is a general statement, and of course does not apply to all men or women.

metalman
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
women have alot more sense than SammyPain, .

Fixed. :lmfao:

4dmin
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Hahaha...mood swings indeed...well that and the blatant lying she is famous for. lol... I think that many realized that she is a huge fukin beotch...and not in a good way either!

Men are better suited for leadership. Its part of the divine order of things...or the evolution of things if thats your bag. ;) This is a general statement, and of course does not apply to all men or women.

definitely a general statement but i think in this day in age women aren't "generally" qualified to lead the worlds strongest power. i think emotion and how she would be seen by world leaders is biggest issue. who knows 50 years from now when world has progressed and women are truly seen as equal then who knows.

rehab
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
dumb question.
We are talking about women here. Of course it's dumb.

BB6dohcvtec
09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
she can be the president of the my kitchen now thats sexist

Tracy
10-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I think it would be fine for a woman to be president. I do think it is sexist for you to say they aren't suited for the job as well as men. I think the biggest problem would come from men just being sexists. That is a very hard thing to handle, trust me...Paul, you know I know all about that.

I have to say that being a woman in a male dominated industry has been on of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. Most of the problems I have at the shop and in racing stem from men taking up issue with a woman in charge. They just can't take it seriously and they tend to undermine a woman's authority. That and I can say the same thing a man might say and somehow someone will take offense to it because it came from my mouth. The mouth of a woman. Dan and I talk about it all of the time.

How many times do you think a man has walked into our shop and asked to speak with the "man in charge"? When they find out that I am the "woman in charge" they usually smirk first then ask for a man again. Then once they hear my expertise, most of the time, they just think it's hot and still don't take me seriously.

Point being, I think men perpetuate the problem of women in power and if not for that, women wouldn't have an issue being in charge or president.

How's that for sexists :P Men are the problem.

SPOOLIN
10-01-2008, 03:51 PM
it would have to be a dyke, but a woman could be president.

Ran
10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Men are better suited for leadership. Its part of the divine order of things...or the evolution of things if thats your bag. ;) This is a general statement, and of course does not apply to all men or women.:stupid:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I think it's the primary reason why the Husband is designated the head of the household. Call it sexist if you want, but that's how I see things.

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I think it would be great if a woman was for president but i just wouldnt want palin to be president.

Tracy
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I say no to Palin also.

redrumracer
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm going to have to say no, simply because women get too emotional about things and a big country doesnt need someone in office who gets all emotional and be a total b*tch once a month, and then say its not her fault because she cant control it.

Vteckidd
10-03-2008, 02:37 PM
If Mccain wins Palin will be the future of the Republican Party.

I think a woman could be president, i dont have a problem with it at all. Im all for the best person for the job, white, black, brown, male or female.

Doesnt matter to me

Vteckidd
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
at least we know that 3-5 days out of the month they would get something done.

Tracy
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm going to have to say no, simply because women get too emotional about things and a big country doesnt need someone in office who gets all emotional and be a total b*tch once a month, and then say its not her fault because she cant control it.

That's a pretty general statement. Kind of similar to these: All blacks can run fast. All Asians have a small penis. All men think about is sex. Sure it may be close to being true MOST of the time, but it's still not fair to generalize. I can guarantee you that I, a woman, can run a performance shop better than you....a man. In general, if you lined us up, most people would say you would be better at it.

It comes down to experience and professionalism. I have met many a men who don't know how to control their emotions. They are called wife beaters :)

VIP Style
10-05-2008, 11:04 AM
yeah but if this country was to have sarah palin for president, this country wont be fine.

EmminoDaGreat
10-05-2008, 12:30 PM
i agree with op...

patrick4588
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
id say i dont want a woman president since they are emotional. women are more emotional then men. period. i wouldnt want a gay dude president either if that helps. they are emotional and make ****ed up decisions. if anyone has ever argued with a woman when she is upset or stressed you know what i mean. women start saying things that dont make sense and are not logical. the president is probably the most stressful occupation possible and i dont think a woman could handle that day in and day out and be alright. not to mention all the "womens rights" bills that would come into effect. women want to be treated equal but still get special treatment at the same time. they wont pick one or the other. call it sexist if you want, but i wont vote for a woman for the simple fact women cant handle stress or emotional mood swings and make up their mind about even the simplest decisions.

patrick4588
10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
It comes down to experience and professionalism. I have met many a men who don't know how to control their emotions. They are called wife beaters :)

women hit their men too by slapping them. how many times have you seen a woman slap a guy and it be acceptable because he said something wrong? its not called husband beating though is it? :goodjob: but what happens if a man hits a woman for saying something wrong? WIFE BEATER!

Ronsam2006
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
With the nation's international debt reaching nearly 10 trillion dollars, the crisis going on in the middle east, and the economy being so bad, I think a woman chose the worst time to become a president.

Tracy
10-06-2008, 08:20 AM
women hit their men too by slapping them. how many times have you seen a woman slap a guy and it be acceptable because he said something wrong? its not called husband beating though is it? :goodjob: but what happens if a man hits a woman for saying something wrong? WIFE BEATER!

LOL! We are talking about men who can't control their emotions sometimes. I used a wife beater as an example. RELAX :cheers: