PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Website thread

4dmin
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
After reading Georges post about photographers i would like to discuss anyone in the web market. I have been doing development a long time since late 90's using notepad + frontpage 98. It never cease to amaze me the people who think they are going to build a myspace over night.

for those who don't know when myspace was bought out it was like 53 million... you dont' build a 50+ million dollar site over night. you can't 1 market to get that over night w/o big investors (time warner, disney, etc) - you can support it w/o proper infrastructure (hardware/software) - and you can't create history w/ SEO which will rank your site against competition.

before IA moved over to ImportSouth i expressed i would like to get involved w/ IA. once i finally got the chance as the 3rd guy to take it over we took this site from 20gb to over 1000gb a month of bandwidth. this site was running on a kids home computer before i got a hold of it. we have definately seen our up's and downs w/ the site, and i will be the last to say we are perfect. but we do a damn good job of providing a FREE site and supporting our local scene.

i think my point is know your market when you are developing a site. everyone thinks they have the next greatest idea.

discuss.

DJ Maestro
09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Has anyone offered you 4 gazillion dollars for IA yet?

Killer
09-30-2008, 10:47 AM
i made my myspace in like five minutes....................................
:ninja:

DJ Maestro
09-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Yeah, you made "your" myspace....not "the" myspace. BIG difference. :lmfao:

Killer
09-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah, you made "your" myspace....not "the" myspace. BIG difference. :lmfao:

forgot the /sarcasm..... dork...

DJ Maestro
09-30-2008, 11:11 AM
forgot the /sarcasm..... dork...

as did i...... dork... :D

4dmin
09-30-2008, 11:21 AM

lol... honestly people think this sh!t happens

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189806

^ he told me this morning he is working on getting bought out for 18 million right now and the site hasn't even launched :rolleyes:

Killer
09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
lirl..

DJ Maestro
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
lirl..

x2 :lmfao: