PDA

View Full Version : ordered k sport coil over suspension

big mac
09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.ksportusa.com/grfx/products/coilovers/cd01/splash.jpgso i will be getting my coil overs delivered ina week. what do yall think about the ksport system. has anyone on here used their products?http://www.ksportusa.com/grfx/products/coilovers/cd01/1_large.jpg
Kontrol Pro Damper System
Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 36 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response. Camber adjustability is included on pillow ball top mounts that allow it for the ability to adjust camber from the actual coilover, instead of a separate camber kit.

Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability.

The Ksport system uses a Monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube designs the Monotube dissipates heat better, allows finer dampening adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavatation are a lot less common in a Monotube design, which results in a better ride.

The Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover kit has been designed with professional road racing in mind offering extremely high value and performance.

RL...
09-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Every story I've heard hasn't been good. Everyone says they blow quite easily, and quickly. I hear ride isn't too well either. I'd rather go with some aftermarket spring/strut combo. AGX's, illumina's are both adjustable...

RBS
09-30-2008, 07:40 AM
i have a few friends with Ksports. they ride alright, kinda stiff sortaspeak, and they wear and tear easily at super low heights but they okie doke though.... for the price

big mac
09-30-2008, 10:27 AM
did i mention i got them for 530 shipped? and it hard to to strut ona a cobalt bc it involves a lot of modding

Bud
09-30-2008, 11:08 AM
gay!

BKgen®
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I've got 'em on the Tib and I can't complain. They can get a little bouncy on bumpy interstates like i-985, but other than that it's smooth sailing. Can't guarantee how they'll be for you though, because it's a completely different car. I do know that Ksport has a fvcking awesome customer service line. 530 isn't bad for a full set of coilovers. They used?

osnap
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
ive heard pretty good things. Before I got a STUPID deal on my Tein coilovers I was gonna rock some K-sports on my old del Sol... had a wholesale connection. btw i think its hilarious that you're asking for reviews and opinions AFTER you already ordered them... lol :rolleyes:

big mac
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
i was going to get them regardless just wanted to see the opinions. and they guy only had them for a week later he traded the car in for a truck

BKgen®
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM
btw, team orange uses them :dunno: :D

Sammich
10-01-2008, 09:19 AM
all coilovers have that bounce from what i hear..so i cant tell u what to do w/ yours...as far as my maxima is concerned..i was told as to 'superiority' (best ride for the buck) w/ the availability for my car was

1. megan coilovers

2. ksports

3. D2

ive personally only rode on ebay coilovers...and i swore on the bridge we were in a 64 impala w/ hydros at a competition

big mac
10-01-2008, 09:23 AM
haha thats ****ed up man

Sammich
10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL ITS TRUTH THO...I HAD SPRINT SPRINGS ON MY TEG...ON STOCK STRUTS..NEVER BOUNCED...DECENT HANDLE FOR WHAT IT WAS

NAG2I
10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
i have them on my car and they work great for me. smooth ride and they haven't blown yet and ive been riding on them for a pretty long time.

big mac
10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
the only thing people say is to get koni adjustables on the back because the back struts suck and aare not adjustable

NAG2I
10-01-2008, 10:25 AM
the only thing people say is to get koni adjustables on the back because the back struts suck and aare not adjustable

i guess its different for different cars but mine are

SLOWR/T
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I have them on my hatch and thery ride great. They are bouncy right now but I have it slammed. When I rasie it up and put them on full soft they ride good. Remember your getting coilovers there not going to ride like a caddy.

ash7
10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
530 dollars is better spent on a set of Konis.

kSport uses a damper by tokico - ftl
-jonathan

Thighs
10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
shoulda saved up another couple hundred and got a koni+gc setup. ksport = fail.

Krappy
10-01-2008, 02:06 PM
all coilovers have that bounce from what i hear..so i cant tell u what to do w/ yours...as far as my maxima is concerned..i was told as to 'superiority' (best ride for the buck) w/ the availability for my car was

1. megan coilovers

2. ksports

3. D2

ive personally only rode on ebay coilovers...and i swore on the bridge we were in a 64 impala w/ hydros at a competition
these are all made by the same people

Sammich
10-01-2008, 02:09 PM
these are all made by the same people

i never knew that..wats the mother company of them?

ash7
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
i never knew that..wats the mother company of them?

assembled in china

tokico makes the dampers, eibach or tanabe usually makes the springs depending on who the lowest bidder is at the time.

-jonathan

Z33_kid
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
wulda got tien or koni

yudalicious
10-01-2008, 10:53 PM
koni or bilstein shocks with ground control or custom sleeves, /thread. these dampers produce by far better damping curves than any of the JDM/JDM-style shocks I've seen, even some of the expensive ones. There's some fundamental flaws in the design of these Jdm/jdm-style shocks, imo:
1. adjustment knob adjusts both rebound/compression (too much cross talk) on most of them
2. too much compression damping relative to rebound, resulting in a jittery ride and less compliance (although most ppl mistake a stiff ride for a better suspension), overall result, less grip
3. linear damping curves, not as compliant as digressive curves over bigger bumps/curbs

stiff isn't necessarily better. the job of the suspension is to keep the tires in contact with the road, it can't do that if its too stiff and jittery.

big mac
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
its hard to do konis in the front on cobalts if not i would just stick with the sportlines and get koni yellows all around

big mac
10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57977

look here this is why i dont wanna do konis in the front

Fr33way
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
The pillow ball mounts on those things are terrible, bad taste in my mouth from WELL TAKEN CARE OF D2s that sounded like hammers in my strut towers after a year.

josh green
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM

you have to be a member to view that link. Right click the pictures and go to properties and copy the link and then put them in the image tag here on the new post page and we can all see them.

Thats assuming your on a PC.

yudalicious
10-02-2008, 04:10 PM

It's not that hard to modify the stock housings to fit Koni inserts. In fact I just did it for my car. Pipe cutter, drill, a dremel/rotary cutting tool, you're good to go. Hit up the machine shop for the stuff you don't feel comfrtable doing or can't do coz a lack of tools, done and done. Or see if Bilstein makes a product, they are awesome shocks as well.

yudalicious
10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
The pillow ball mounts on those things are terrible, bad taste in my mouth from WELL TAKEN CARE OF D2s that sounded like hammers in my strut towers after a year.

if you could somehow get the dimensions of the spherical bearing from D2, you can replace them with new/better bearings. I'm sure all of these "knock off" coilover companies use crappy spherical bearings.