PDA

View Full Version : Boy Did I Luck Out

Brett
09-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Well this morning I was getting pretty low on gas especially with going to the ICU everyday to see Leisa. Anyways, the Chevron right off exit 14 and GA400 each morning gets new supplies of gas, so this morning I get there at 6:00am thinking the line that early wont be to long, well it was about a 2 hour wait so I head to work hoping to find something. I get on 141 to go to the office and I pass this Kroger and I see they have gas so I make a quick U-Turn and pull in through the side and I see the line extends all the way around the parking lot. So I then come back out to 141 and about take a left to head to work and figure I will try coming int hrough the front because there was NO LINE there and I figured they would make me get in the line... Well I pull in, he points me to pump#3 and no wait, I get a full tank and as I leave, I still see the long line that hasnt moved. :goodjob: God just allowed me to see my baby the next few nights without having to worry about gas, Now if he would just let her awake from the coma, this would be a great week.

Nemesis
09-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Thats great news man. Im still car pooling with my woman since I cant find premium in the Buckhead area. Even regular gas forms an hour long line that I just cant wait in.

Still pulling for Leisa, man!

Brett
09-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Im hoping our prayers get answered soon and she wakes up

mocha latte cupcake
09-29-2008, 07:29 AM
God provides in times of need! thats great man! i know thats gotta be tough for all you guys in atlanta! praying that times get easier!

still praying every moment for her speedy return buddy!

Sammich
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM
i wish leisa would expedite her recovery we all miss her

Brett
09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
^^ QFT

Ran
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
We're still cheering for you both Brett!

BTEC
09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
hey brett, im taking friday off and i live n sandy springs. after comcast get my cable fixed n my bedroom (from 8 til 11), id like to swing by and wake her up b4 i head to riverdale if thats cool. if another day would b better let me know.

Elbow
09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Sounds like gas is far worse in the Atlanta area....people direct you to pumps and stuff? Line here the wait it about 5 minutes.

Congrats on the good gas getting morning though for sure! :)

Nitro
09-29-2008, 09:08 AM
i'm at a 1/4 tank right now....gotta use premium.....scared to do the regular & add an octane boost thingy :cry: but i gotta make it home......

AnthonyF
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Lucky you man! I live behind a QT and havent found gas yet. sucks so bad! Im on vapor.

-Ant.

Killer
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
yeah, i was about to run out this weekend.. went to visit a friend in douglasville... and before i made the trip she was like "oh yeah there is gas here!!!!".(which is good cause i can't find any in kennesaw)... i get there... and they are out!!!!!!!!!! the qt is loaded with people who are just waiting for a gas truck... so we roll around hit walmart... i hop.... see a couple other stations with ridiculous lines... so i hold of.... end up hangin out... watchin a movie... and when i left the qt was basically empty.. BUT HAD GAS!!!!! woot!!!!! filled up and headed home....

ShooterMcGavin
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
:goodjob:

PURP
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Brett, If you can. The QT on exit 17 has it early in the morning.. I filled up two cars this morning about 2:00...

DJ Maestro
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I totally lucked out this weekend. I was playing some COD4 late into Saturday night/Sunday morning and my wife calls me on her way home from her friend's house and tells me that the QT around the corner from our house has just had the tanker in the lot. So, 3:30am Sunday I run the near empty Tib over there and fill up. Best part about that early in the morning......no lines. :D

Brett
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
hey brett, im taking friday off and i live n sandy springs. after comcast get my cable fixed n my bedroom (from 8 til 11), id like to swing by and wake her up b4 i head to riverdale if thats cool. if another day would b better let me know.

Feel free to man, If you could wake her up, Id love it :)

Brett
09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Brett, If you can. The QT on exit 17 has it early in the morning.. I filled up two cars this morning about 2:00...

Do you know if they get it pretty much every morning that early, cause I will wake up and go there that early if thats what keeps me getting to see my wife

1SLWPOS
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Well this morning I was getting pretty low on gas especially with going to the ICU everyday to see Leisa. Anyways, the Chevron right off exit 14 and GA400 each morning gets new supplies of gas, so this morning I get there at 6:00am thinking the line that early wont be to long, well it was about a 2 hour wait so I head to work hoping to find something. I get on 141 to go to the office and I pass this Kroger and I see they have gas so I make a quick U-Turn and pull in through the side and I see the line extends all the way around the parking lot. So I then come back out to 141 and about take a left to head to work and figure I will try coming int hrough the front because there was NO LINE there and I figured they would make me get in the line... Well I pull in, he points me to pump#3 and no wait, I get a full tank and as I leave, I still see the long line that hasnt moved. :goodjob: God just allowed me to see my baby the next few nights without having to worry about gas, Now if he would just let her awake from the coma, this would be a great week.
Glad you got gas but what Kroger Sharon Green?

DeeAOne
09-29-2008, 11:04 AM
my sisters boyfriend didnt know that even pumps in warner robins were running out of premium. he was all excited to tell me he got his fully built 350sb, 600hp S10 insured. i laughed and said, "you know there is no gas for it right?" he just had a dumb look on his face. it was priceless! :lmao:

back on topic, thats good to hear brett. she will pull through man. :goodjob:

BTLFED
09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I was on fumes Saturday and freaking out about how I am going to go anywhere, even make it to my house. I end up going to my girlfriend's apartment in Kennesaw to take care of some things for her while she is out of town, end up falling asleep on her couch, wake up at 4am. I think to myself "I better see if I can find gas." I leave, go to Chevron on Chastain and they have gas, with NO LINE! I get gas, and as a bonus, for some reason one of my friends is up there with two police officers getting arrested for Public drunkinness LOL! Yay for having gas!

She will make it Brett! I'm sure of it!

Brett
09-29-2008, 11:10 AM
She will make it Brett! I'm sure of it!

I wish the doctors were that postive

BTLFED
09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I wish the doctors were that postive

Well you have to remember that doctors are not going to just come out and say "she will be fine" unless she is actually awake. Remember what Brandon (Ruiner) said about himself? The doctors were telling his family that he wasn't going to make it and look at him now. Keep the faith homie. Don't give up. I'm going to try like hell to make it down there today since I finally have gas again to see you and her since I have today off. You said you are going to be there around 4:30?

Brett
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah around 4:30 :)

alpine_aw11
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Getting up early is the key. I got up at 5 this morning to fill up. Good luck with your wife's recovery, we're all pulling for her.

HeLLo iM iZzY
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
The doctors will always tell you the bad. Never the good. You'll never hear a doctor say oh yeah he will move his leg then the opposite happens a few months down the road.

So keep that thought in the back of your head man.

She'll pull through.