PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Vortech supercharger question

JoNNiexBoy
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I have a LS/Vtec set-up and I was planning to run the vortech supercharger over the jrsc...i was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever ran the vortech sc on any set-up and how well did it run...

SPOOLIN
09-28-2008, 09:41 PM
im sure it will run good, i know a guy that had that kit on a b16a civic si back in 2002 that ran 12.9 and 260hp. Stock motor. There was not any good tuning tools back then either.

BTEC
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
im sure it will run good, i know a guy that had that kit on a b16a civic si back in 2002 that ran 12.9 and 260hp. Stock motor. There was not any good tuning tools back then either.
was his sc pulley the sizeof a penny? lol!!!

scttydb411
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
turbo on a stick.

better than a jrsc since you can actually intercool it, but i've seen folks that have issues with the drive shaft. tuned a couple and they made good power, but the ability to have more adjustability/customizing makes me lean toward turbo.

BTEC
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
turbo on a stick.

better than a jrsc since you can actually intercool it, but i've seen folks that have issues with the drive shaft. tuned a couple and they made good power, but the ability to have more adjustability/customizing makes me lean toward turbo.
ive been preaching this for about....8 years.

Dwisforme05
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
vortech ftw! lol you dont hear too much about them on honda's tho. but it sure as hell would be different and still make a good amount on power.

Kason23
10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry to bring this back up but would that be Kevin by any chance? He was at 279whp before he parted the car out ..stock motor running the FMU with a half ass tuned vafc and only 8psi:lmfao: Car pulled nice constent 12.9's at 108mph not bad for a stock motor!

Pickleteg
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
The way I see it a centrifical SC on engine with no torque is a no-no. Having owned a JRSC and a turbo car, each have their advantages and disadvantages. The centrifical works great on a V8 as a V8 makes great lowend torque stock and the centrifical is not good at lowend power. A roots blower (JRSC) makes great lowend torque but is limited in overall power level. IMO....if you want good power all around with no parasitic loss go with a smaller turbo. If you are stuck on the SC idea...go with the JRSC.

Here is a thread to look at..... http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f10/jrsc-vs-vortech-87890/

Hope this helps.

Dwisforme05
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
The way I see it a centrifical SC on engine with no torque is a no-no. Having owned a JRSC and a turbo car, each have their advantages and disadvantages. The centrifical works great on a V8 as a V8 makes great lowend torque stock and the centrifical is not good at lowend power. A roots blower (JRSC) makes great lowend torque but is limited in overall power level. IMO....if you want good power all around with no parasitic loss go with a smaller turbo. If you are stuck on the SC idea...go with the JRSC.

Here is a thread to look at..... http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f10/jrsc-vs-vortech-87890/

Hope this helps.

and v6's :D lol

SPOOLIN
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Sorry to bring this back up but would that be Kevin by any chance? He was at 279whp before he parted the car out ..stock motor running the FMU with a half ass tuned vafc and only 8psi:lmfao: Car pulled nice constent 12.9's at 108mph not bad for a stock motor!

yes it was kevin

One_Bad_SHO
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I've got a Vortech system on my Taurus. Most def worth the money. :goodjob: