PDA

View Full Version : coolant temp sensor!? WTF

EG6
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
So my check engine light comes on the other day when I needed to go get my emmisions done and it's reading out high input coolant temp. sensor. I checked to make sure the wire was connected to the sensor and it was. Disconnected the battery to try and reset the code and it didn't work. So I replaced the coolant sensor and the light is still on!

Went to autozone this morning to see if I could erase it and it came right back on. Anybody ever had this issue and how can/did you fix it?

+reps for REAL advice

Thanks

VickNotic
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
badd sensor then, if you've done all of that and still no good signs.. try replacing a newer one on..

EmminoDaGreat
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Are you sure you didnt mix plugs up?

EG6
09-29-2008, 12:53 AM
i'm pretty positive i havent mixed up any of the plugs. i'm gonna check it again tomorrow.

youknowit- are you saying replace the sensor again?

VickNotic
09-29-2008, 01:27 AM
probably wires dont have a continuity contact. check that out shorted somewhere loose ends (hear it click in) leave battery attached and just take out ecu and 2-3mins then insert fuse back in,

and that connector does have 2 connectors coming out of the harness right! one goes to the temp sensor and the other just slides in (plug up)

EG6
09-29-2008, 01:36 AM
So disconnect the ecu fuse for a few mins and then put it back in; and yea that does have the two connectors coming out of it like you said. This is the one that clicks

VickNotic
09-29-2008, 01:57 AM
u drive the car daily? iono but just thought maybe let the car run for about 1/2 hr and see if fan turns on when it's in operating temp. just a thought

mitch lab
09-29-2008, 06:45 AM
time to slap out the volt meter and get some reading.

VickNotic
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
you wanna ghetto rigg it .. then take out the gauge cluster, and take off the light for the check engine .. bada bing, bada boom.. :0

EG6
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Yea I just went ahead and pulled the guage cluster out late last night to get the light. I'll get the emmissions test and put it back in. I don't mind the light being in there because its purpose is to warn you of problems.

VickNotic
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Yea I just went ahead and pulled the guage cluster out late last night to get the light. I'll get the emmissions test and put it back in. I don't mind the light being in there because its purpose is to warn you of problems.

yes sir and i'm having problems of my own.. wish mine probs was as easy as yours haha

Tech5
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
thats dumb it still will not pass emissions
you wanna ghetto rigg it .. then take out the gauge cluster, and take off the light for the check engine .. bada bing, bada boom.. :0

Tech5
09-29-2008, 09:15 PM
If you take the bulb out, it will fail for that an still show codes in the ECU...You need to fix the problem, High Input means your getting to much Volts to the coolant sensor, most like is either wrong plug , or short to ground, or bad ecu