PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question about Ebay bidding....

Revmaynard
09-28-2008, 02:06 PM
So, I'm bidding on some stuff on Ebay. Vinyl records, and after I bid someone automatically has out bid me, but it's like, someone with only bids on this sht. Can they set it up to automatically outbid someone? That sht was confusing me, I bid a little more each time (It was only at like $2.00) and they have already out bid me. I don't use EBay enough to know about those features I guess.

green91
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
If you bid over the current amount and then someone bids higher than you it will automatically rebid the current increment until their maximum bid.

Revmaynard
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Ah, so if I entered a bid at like $5, it would go up that high if the maximum bid wasn't set there? Or would it just go higher than the other maximum bid? And do the same as what's happening to me when someone bids?

Blitanicle99
09-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Heres my guide.

You want record A.

Record A, has 1 bid and the current bid is 10.00 .

You say hell yeah that is worth 30 bucks, Ill bid 15 and see what happens.

The bidder who is interested was the one that bid 10.00 but he has his max bid set at 30.00.

You bid 15 bucks, but the other biddest max bet is 30, so his account automatically out-bids you to 16.00.

Thus you bid 20 because you really want this record. His account again automatically bids 21.00 again and again untill you bid over his max, 30.00

You can do the same thing, when you bid there is a max bid option you can set. It wont automatically bid that much, only if you worried someone is going to fight you about it you can bid up that amount if you think you won't have time to check the auction.

Make sense now?

Tech5
09-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Heres my guide.

You want record A.

Record A, has 1 bid and the current bid is 10.00 .

You say hell yeah that is worth 30 bucks, Ill bid 15 and see what happens.

The bidder who is interested was the one that bid 10.00 but he has his max bid set at 30.00.

You bid 15 bucks, but the other biddest max bet is 30, so his account automatically out-bids you to 16.00.

Thus you bid 20 because you really want this record. His account again automatically bids 21.00 again and again untill you bid over his max, 30.00

You can do the same thing, when you bid there is a max bid option you can set. It wont automatically bid that much, only if you worried someone is going to fight you about it you can bid up that amount if you think you won't have time to check the auction.

Make sense now?:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

MR2DR
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
www.auctionsniper.com

works wonder for me :goodjob:
oh and referred from tvu60 =]

Blitanicle99
09-29-2008, 10:28 AM
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I do what I can lol