PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West Speech last night

Vteckidd
09-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Kanye Video (http://x700.putfile.com/videos/24420044548.wmv)

I lost alot of respect for him last night. some people always have to make it about Race no matter what.

NEWSFLASH KANYE
the media is showing black people because new orleans is 85% BLACK
People are shooting at the Red Cross and people who are trying to help

i tell you what, if i saw a white family (which i have) running down the street complaining about how they need help yet they are looting a 40in tv, i would call them retarded as well.

ignorance has no race

DISCUSS.

HiPSI
09-03-2005, 09:43 AM
preach on

Hulud
09-03-2005, 09:43 AM
yup

Bishop
09-03-2005, 09:44 AM
uh huh

Kevykev
09-03-2005, 09:45 AM
damn look and the reactions of Mr. "Powers" and Chris Rock.

Bet they didn't see that coming.

BTEC
09-03-2005, 09:54 AM
damn that. they publicize the humility of the black race to expose the uhhhh, povertic lifestyle in which weve been forced to take on. <- i can be fake a$$ black rights leader. call me BTEC "X" beeches. lol!!!

quickdodge®
09-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I lost alot of respect for him last night.

That's where you fucked up in the first place. Having any sort of respect for him in the beginning. Later, QD.

Hulud
09-03-2005, 10:04 AM
That's where you fucked up in the first place. Having any sort of respect for him in the beginning. Later, QD.
bwahahaha

Brett
09-03-2005, 10:05 AM
yeah that shit pissed me off, here is my thread I started last night about it

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=19632

Leisa
09-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I know.. when Brett and I were watching it last night we both looked at each other and was like wtf???? what a total loser..... he never had my respect in the first place but now... he is just another dumb ass...

Vteckidd
09-03-2005, 10:10 AM
yeah that shit pissed me off, here is my thread I started last night about it

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=19632
man and i looked HARD to see if anyone had started a thread alreay about it lol.

I used to think he was a decent guy, cause he would rap about the problems within his own race and he seemed liek a normal guy. after seeing that last night, i hope he leaves the country.

NAACP, please. that is the most racist organization in the country. i could give a fuck what they have to say.

EDIT: when he said the first part i looked at my friend and was like "was that unscripted? cause he isnt even making any sense?" then when he said "george bush hates black people" i about fell outta my chair. Poor chris tucker, he had to keep the film rolling

BTEC
09-03-2005, 10:14 AM
man and i looked HARD to see if anyone had started a thread alreay about it lol.

I used to think he was a decent guy, cause he would rap about the problems within his own race and he seemed liek a normal guy. after seeing that last night, i hope he leaves the country.

NAACP, please. that is the most racist organization in the country. i could give a fuck what they have to say.

EDIT: when he said the first part i looked at my friend and was like "was that unscripted? cause he isnt even making any sense?" then when he said "george bush hates black people" i about fell outta my chair. Poor chris tucker, he had to keep the film rolling
Hey, my colorless brothuh. just bc we have a group of mans to speak up for our trampled on black ppl dnt necc make us of intended offenisve nature. We have to stand up for what we buhleave in and not let these day revert back to what they used to be like when my pappy was coming up. lol!!

Brett
09-03-2005, 10:16 AM
The look on Mike Myers face was funny as shit then when it went to Chris Tucker he didnt know what to do...lol

brokecivic
09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
damn look and the reactions of Mr. "Powers" and Chris Rock.

Bet they didn't see that coming.
they damn sure didnt

brokecivic
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
ive always hated KANYE WEST i hate him and his music it makes me sick to my stomach and my head hurt that motherfucker has a big head not to have ever won nothing he thinks hes badass buyt hell i dont know anyone who has ever bougth one of his stupid ass cds

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 12:26 PM
People should piss on him

The Ren
09-03-2005, 12:31 PM
hrm.. its not loading for me

Edit: ok fixed.. holy damn talk about a career killer there...

Mike
09-03-2005, 01:48 PM
KANYE is LAME

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
"Bush does not like black people" Quote by kanye west.

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/commoditynews.dll?type=pollnew&method=res&pid=1563

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 03:30 PM
truthfully this fool is getting a lot of attention cause his album just came out a couple of days ago........so he is thinking, shit what can I do to get my name out there......I'm going to say something WILD ASS FUCK ON NATIONAL TV

and its working

NOW NOBODY BUY HIS DAMN ALBUM

The Ren
09-03-2005, 03:31 PM
alot of people have said this wont affect his career.. but we all remember what happened to the dixie chicks when their singer fucked up..

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:32 PM
well I never knew who he was until the MTV awards... he is nobody to me, his music sucks

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Haha..Okay, You go and listen to Country and Jazz. and old generation music, u old tymer.

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Haha..Okay, You go and listen to Country and Jazz. and old generation music, u old tymer.

First of all you cocksucker.. .you have no clue who I am, or anything about me.. so keep that fucking mouth of yours shut.... Secondly, what the fuck does it matter to you what kind of music I listen to.... go fuck yourself

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
-10, Thank you for your wise ass lame comments and remarks towards me everytime :)
haha its funny Leisa ..how that everytime you go after at me..that shows me how immature you really are and must be really bored have one to talk to and dont do anything else on IA but flamme post at me. and get off here n go watch ur falcons live channel. :lmfao:

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
-10, Thank you for your wise ass lame comments and remarks towards me everytime :)

do you think I give a few about what you think of me.. your little -10 points doesnt do anything to bring down my rep points... i could give a rats ass :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
haha its funny Leisa ..how that everytime you go after at me..that shows me how immature you really are and must be really bored have one to talk to and dont do anything else on IA but flamme post at me.

think what you want.. I could give a shit...

Greddypacked
09-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Not to down you guys parade but Kanye is one of the most artistic rappers/ artists around. This guy can come out w/ whateva and make it good. Look what he did w/ rapping on religion, man took it to another level. Not everyone is going to agree w/ opinions especially open minded musicians that can speak to the world. Kanye is just speaking w/ out all of the medias attention, he's speaking on a level they cant really go. I dont believe in what he saying, but he can speak what the media really cant.

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:42 PM
then if u give dont give a shit stop postin ur damn remarks at me when i aint talkin to your ass.

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Not to down you guys parade but Kanye is one of the most artistic rappers/ artists around. This guy can come out w/ whateva and make it good. Look what he did w/ rapping on religion, man took it to another level. Not everyone is going to agree w/ opinions especially open minded musicians that can speak to the world.

well he may be talented and all but he certainly can make himself look like an ass real good on live tv...

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:44 PM
hey, Im sure all the black folks loved what he said about bush. so I dont know what ur talkin' bout

Greddypacked
09-03-2005, 03:45 PM
That's the thing about musicians. One spokes person like an artist or famous rapper, can speak more power than 100 newscasters can.

Leisa
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
hey, Im sure all the black folks loved what he said about bush. so I dont know what ur talkin' bout

what ever.. if they loved that shit, then they and you are dumber than what I think you are

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
You really want this country going more down hill to hell then it already really is dont you?..just thiink about it

Brett
09-03-2005, 03:48 PM
haha its funny Leisa ..how that everytime you go after at me..that shows me how immature you really are and must be really bored have one to talk to and dont do anything else on IA but flamme post at me. and get off here n go watch ur falcons live channel. :lmfao:

Hey moron, Only us who are admins and mods can give + or - 10 points at a time, and you are one comment away from being banned, You said last night you like when people leave you alone but yet again, a new day and you run your mouth again

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Brett scroll up. she went at me first, for what? I dont know. And in the other thread at the same time also.

Brett
09-03-2005, 03:51 PM
You started in on her when she said his music is shit to her, you started in on your remarks, look again. And if its her or anyone, your posts are getting to be less and less productive and mouthing off to people. Just chill it.

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 03:51 PM
see if Mike Meyers was talking or some other white celebrity........they would of said..........Black people hate US Guard.....(you know cause of the shootings).....that fool needs to reconsider what he said and apologize to W....he is doing the best he can with our soldiers in Iraq and shit going on here..........and I'm sure he has tons of other shit on his mind........it's actually the STATE that's fucking up the people with their taxes money........now that I think of it........it's every state fucking up with peoples money and no one can see it.

technoteg97
09-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Its actually the Gov't taking the peoples money.

Greddypacked
09-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Bush isnt at fault, it's all the imbetween people. Alot of bad people in the gov't that dont look out for the U.S. citizenship and to much for there own backs.

Brett
09-03-2005, 04:18 PM
exactly

Kevykev
09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
It's part of human nature, everyone has to find someone to blame for purposes of closure.

Bush is the scapegoat!

The Yousef
09-03-2005, 04:38 PM
my :2cents:

it's one big clusterfuck over there...the federal govt needs to go over there and take control of the entire operation....

yousef

Brett
09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Thats what they are doing now... Notice all the troops and Natl. Gaurds in there now and all the supplies rolling in

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 04:41 PM
people need to stop pointing fingers and argue about nothing and actually do something about it

HyPer50
09-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I personally think it's "ok" to have his own opinion.... but on a TELETHON for people who are STILL in trouble, to try and spread your own bullshit political propaganda is just bullshit. Fuck Kanye West.

Brett
09-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah I can care less what is opinion is but when he tries to use a telethon to say it that is bullshit, and they to say the presdient hates blacks is even worse. People like him is why racism still exsists

thinkfast®
09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong and heard the tape incorrectly, Kanye said George Bush doesnt care about black people"

"doesnt care"and "hate" are two very different words with two very different meanings. Just thought I'd point that out :) The clip was funny as shit though :lmao:

Brett
09-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Well same thing, He is trying to act like a fuckin racist and say the WHITE MAN doesnt care... Shit gets fucking old

thinkfast®
09-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I didn't really hear where he said "white man" but he did say "Bush".

Hate means to feel hostility or animosity toward, or to detest.

To not care, is to be negligent or showing a lack of consideration, as in unconcerned; I don't really see how these are the same thing?

Brett
09-03-2005, 07:45 PM
and if Bush was black do you honestly think he would have said that, No.

thinkfast®
09-03-2005, 07:50 PM
The Rev. Jesse Jackson said cities had been dismissed by the Bush administration because Mr. Bush received few urban votes.

"Many black people feel that their race, their property conditions and their voting patterns have been a factor in the response," Mr. Jackson said, after meeting with Louisiana officials yesterday. "I'm not saying that myself, but what's self-evident is that you have many poor people without a way out."

In my opinion, and thats all it is, I dont really see race entering the picture. I just think everyone underestimated the destruction this would cause.

rollin_hard
09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
LOL that is some funnay ass shit. Chris Tucker, his face is priceless. Kanye.....thank you. Thank you for making me laugh. oh and for discrediting the organization that allowed you to speak. Way to go!

quickdodge®
09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Not to down you guys parade but Kanye is one of the most artistic rappers/ artists around.

No he isn't. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
09-03-2005, 08:37 PM
you are one comment away from being banned,

He's actually past that comment, Brett. I should've never unbanned him. He's been an annoyance since he came back. Later, QD.

tony
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
After much thought I kind of like what kanye did, not for what he said but to have the nerve to do it. I agree that it wasnt the proper venue but I think he spoke for a LOT of people that are afraid to do what he did.

Kanye has done nothing but gain more support from the black community and I doubt he cares if he is mainstream today or underground tomorrow. Love him or hate him the guy makes good music.

tony
09-03-2005, 09:30 PM
this is what he said in full

I hate the way they portray us in the media. We see a black family that says they're looting. We see a white family that says they're looking for food, and you know it's been five days because most of the people are black and even for me to complain about I would be a hyprocrite because I try to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what's the biggest amount that I can give. And just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there, so anybody out there that wants to do anything with the setup the way America is setup to help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. I mean the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize that a lot of the people that can help are at war right now fighting another way and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us. - Kanye

George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Julio
09-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Kanye is Gay and his music sucks..

http://www.byroncrawford.com/2005/08/kanye_west_is_g.html

Scrappy
09-03-2005, 09:53 PM
dude was already banned... k sorry back to topic :lmfao:

JITB
09-04-2005, 12:04 AM
and if Bush was black do you honestly think he would have said that, No.

is that supposed to make any sense?

It made me laugh so hard...i knew you all would flip out on here. I couldnt wait to see what you all would say. ANy opinion is ok, as long as its not agianst bush....as thats how it seems. BUsh really doesnt make any effort to reach out to the black community. ONce he refused to meet with the NAACP way back, it was a rap for him, i mean if a minority doesnt want you in office why not try and make the relationship better while in office. Bush never misses his NRA meetings tho.:goodjob: Thank god theres only 2 1/2 years left.....cant wait for the big "i told u so".

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 02:14 AM
is that supposed to make any sense?

It made me laugh so hard...i knew you all would flip out on here. I couldnt wait to see what you all would say. ANy opinion is ok, as long as its not agianst bush....as thats how it seems. BUsh really doesnt make any effort to reach out to the black community. ONce he refused to meet with the NAACP way back, it was a rap for him, i mean if a minority doesnt want you in office why not try and make the relationship better while in office. Bush never misses his NRA meetings tho.:goodjob: Thank god theres only 2 1/2 years left.....cant wait for the big "i told u so".

What exactly are you referring to as the "big I told you so"? Bush doesn't hate blacks, and if your trying to make it sound like the majority of blacks hate bush, I'm gonna have to seriously doubt that... I'm not sure on what the percent is of the racial makeup of this country... I'm going to assume White has 40%+ still but either way, Bush has won the elections TWICE.... that means it's alot more than just white folks voting for Bush. And you gotta take into account, that ALOT of white folks aren't Bush fans, therefore there votes don't count for him.. He got 50% of the votes somehow... and they weren't all white votes.

Julio
09-04-2005, 09:19 AM
And then when Bush term is up.. The next president will get blame too and people will talk shit about him... I cant wait when hillary Clinton wins if she does.. All hell will break loose.

People will never be happy...

HyPer50
09-04-2005, 09:29 AM
And then when Bush term is up.. The next president will get blame too and people will talk shit about him... I cant wait when hillary Clinton wins if she does.. All hell will break loose.

People will never be happy...

omg.... if hillary clinton wins I may actually move... or atleast go into a 4 year coma. in her case, I dont care if the opponent is charles manson, the OTHER person is getting my vote... not clinton.

Nemui
09-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Actually caucasian is a 70% makeup of the US.
African-American comes in 2nd with a 13% I believe. (This was according to the 2000 census, the census only come out every 4 years and I haven't seen the 2004 census yet)

The misconception comes from those of us that live on the east and west coasts. There are still quite a few middle area states where when I meet people they have relatives that have never seen black people in real life. Not like Grandparents either, Brothers and Sisters.

People like Kanye aren't they only reason 'racism' exists. There are plenty of people that still have a deep seated 'ill-regard' for blacks. Shit some schools in GA still have segregated proms b/c of the community (when the student comity tried to integrate it they met with disaster). There are some things you're not going to be able to fully understand because there is no way on earth you can know what it is like to go through serious, lifetime, discrimination unless you are part of that people that have recieved that discrimination. You can say it is stupid all you want but you do not know the lasting effects that certain things have on a community unless you are a part of it.

Do I think all of the problems relate to 'race' in this situation? No.
Do I think totally disregarding 'race' in any sitation is stupid? Yes.

Sadly enough America isn't as foward thinking as we want to believe.
You do have to wonder why it took so long to help them when it takes us half the time to help people overseas.
There was also discussion that I read online (It was a letter from Michael Moore, a bit biased yes) where Bush actually decreased a budget that LA has for levvy funding or something like that for the 3rd year in a row. Let's face it they don't need sandbags and wood they need a fucking DAM! I had a friend have a wooden levvy support snap and shoot 3' in front of his face and into his front door (this was long before the Hurricane mind you).

On the subject of looting vs. survival. Yes you have some dumb fucks that will still worry about stealing a 40' TV. However one must pose the questions as to why the media is showing that? Is it a novelty? Is it funny? Does it help your ratings? What purpose does it ULTIMATELY serve? We know people are looting at this point.

In the long and short, I attempt to not talk shit about things I can't fully grasp. Kanye West can't fully grasp the scope of what Bush has to deal with. you guys can't fully grasp what it is like to be black and broke and to carry a rather downtrodden mentallity throughout generations.

5thgcelica
09-04-2005, 10:26 AM
omg.... if hillary clinton wins I may actually move... or atleast go into a 4 year coma. in her case, I dont care if the opponent is charles manson, the OTHER person is getting my vote... not clinton.

lol. ill start working on the 4 year coma vaccine, alright?

Nemui
09-04-2005, 10:45 AM
On a side note: I was typing so much other shit that I forgot something-

It seems like someone payed Kanye to say that. You can see the emotion in Kanye's whole prescense, it is that of a scared child even though he is trying to portray it as anger. Hence the lack of smootheness in his speech as he was reading the teleprompter.

Brett
09-04-2005, 10:55 AM
We may not have tons of smart people in this country, but I would like to think people will not be stupid enough to put Hillary into office if she runs in '08

Kevykev
09-04-2005, 10:59 AM
http://captainkanyewest.ytmnd.com/

anyone post this yet?

Nemui
09-04-2005, 11:01 AM
LMFAO

Brett
09-04-2005, 11:05 AM

anyone post this yet?

Preach the word Brotha Kevin

JITB
09-04-2005, 11:33 AM
What exactly are you referring to as the "big I told you so"? Bush doesn't hate blacks, and if your trying to make it sound like the majority of blacks hate bush, I'm gonna have to seriously doubt that... I'm not sure on what the percent is of the racial makeup of this country... I'm going to assume White has 40%+ still but either way, Bush has won the elections TWICE.... that means it's alot more than just white folks voting for Bush. And you gotta take into account, that ALOT of white folks aren't Bush fans, therefore there votes don't count for him.. He got 50% of the votes somehow... and they weren't all white votes.

i aitn talkin about bush not caring about blacks. The I told u so will come from the condition of the US's economy and wellbeing at the end of his term...THey all ways compare is the US has gotten better or worse...it hasnt got much better. The us have spent the last 6 years debaitng on if bush is doing good or bad, that alone is just stupid, everytime he makes a decision its higly quesitoned it seems like none trusts him to make hsi own decisions. no more puppets in office plzzzz:goodjob: Not to sound like a bush hater, but is there anything that anyone can say has gotten better since he has been in office?

Julio
09-04-2005, 12:34 PM
People in LA love BUSH....

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/statemapredblue.png

Leisa
09-04-2005, 12:57 PM
yes they did Julio.... its a shame he wont be able to serve yet another term... oh well.. Im anxious to see who is going to run for office this next term... Im 100% Republican...

NzProjeKt
09-05-2005, 01:56 AM
The statement itself wasnt so shocking itself.. I think people are only over reacting because Kanye was out of place saying that on national TV.. Like I could understand Jesse Jackson or someone similar saying something along those lines.. But like most of Kanye's antics, he was clearly seeking attention with that statement...

Btw.. Chris Tucker's expression was priceless..

YokotaS13
09-05-2005, 03:17 AM
i never liked him anyways, this outrage just makes it worse

5thgcelica
09-05-2005, 09:29 AM

anyone post this yet?

wow..thats... uh huh...

Kevykev
09-05-2005, 01:44 PM
^ yeah ummm it came outta nowhere?

haha!

brokecivic
09-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Not to down you guys parade but Kanye is one of the most artistic rappers/ artists around. This guy can come out w/ whateva and make it good. Look what he did w/ rapping on religion, man took it to another level. Not everyone is going to agree w/ opinions especially open minded musicians that can speak to the world. Kanye is just speaking w/ out all of the medias attention, he's speaking on a level they cant really go. I dont believe in what he saying, but he can speak what the media really cant.
your fucking stupid if i saw you on the street id kick your jaw to the curb youll need kanye to sing a religous song for you

tony
09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
your fucking stupid if i saw you on the street id kick your jaw to the curb youll need kanye to sing a religous song for you

damn is it that serious? its just an opinion...

TranceDJ06
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
hahah..wtf is going on in here now

JITB
09-05-2005, 05:55 PM

lol WOW kanye is aight to me...am i gonna get the curb treatment too?

BTLFED
09-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Wow...I can't even respond to this....it is too touchy.

Hulud
09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
you know what its just an artist getting attention who cares what he says fuck him fuck everyone!

Ex_Vtec_Girl
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
is it just me or does he sound like a 5-year-old trying to read? not only was what he said completely ridiculous, but the way he said it, he sounded extremely uneducated.