PDA

View Full Version : Well Damn

gijoe0720
09-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Well I thought I just bent a rod in my b20 but today we took the oil pan off and found out that the crank has been hittin the piston and has scared the cylinder wall and the piston and there is a chip that is broke off the bottom of the cylinder wall.

So here is what I am goin to do. My friend knows a guy who sells engines and he bought his b20 block for 250. He is goin to get me a good deal. I am buyin me a new b20 block and I am buildin up my b20 I got right now. I plan on sleeving it and gettin forged internals. It will be a while before I get done with it but it will be worth it.

Vteckidd
09-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Well I thought I just bent a rod in my b20 but today we took the oil pan off and found out that the crank has been hittin the piston and has scared the cylinder wall and the piston and there is a chip that is broke off the bottom of the cylinder wall.

So here is what I am goin to do. My friend knows a guy who sells engines and he bought his b20 block for 250. He is goin to get me a good deal. I am buyin me a new b20 block and I am buildin up my b20 I got right now. I plan on sleeving it and gettin forged internals. It will be a while before I get done with it but it will be worth it.
what you did was HYDRO lock the motor. water cannot compress so i take it the rod bent, and it cracked or chipped the sleeve.

gijoe0720
09-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I know

I am also thinkin about buyin a b16 head that needs to be rebuilt and build it also so I can have a bad ass motor.

MrEG62U
09-04-2005, 12:23 AM
talk to revsdrv or something like that i think he had a b20 sitting there when i bought his b18, the spelling in the name might be wrong but look around he is selling all kinds of shit in here