PDA

View Full Version : No More/Limited Premium Gasoline.

khaxnguyen
09-26-2008, 02:57 PM
...If they were so smart, they could've relocated the refineries elsewhere....
...If they were so smart, they wouldn't have stuck all these refineries in one spot because let's say a terrorist wants to handicap america... wouldnt ya think it's the perfect spot?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANYWAYS... for people who have 06+ SI's and Type S and etc. which requires premium(93), what CAN they do if there are no more premium to pump? Octane booster? let's not type "Don't Pump". =P reps for posts

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Where'd you hear this info... Damn WTF is w/ GA/SC not having fuel and the rest of the nation does!

Ran
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Octane booster is a waste of money so don't even bother. You premium users are really getting the shaft with the Gas Retards recently. I don't really have any advice besides keeping your eyes open for a station. A QT near me got in all three octanes last night and it was a nightmare getting in there to fill up my near-empty Mustang. Things should be back to normal soon, as soon as people quit being dumb. Good luck bro.

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
They need to put a ban on Fullsize SUV's at gas stations... That is the main problem

Decker1.8t
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I had to pump regular this morning to get to work. i stayed under 10% throttle and 3000rpms the entire time. I'll probably have to do the same thing tonight if this **** keeps up

**** my life.

Catnip
09-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm in Georgia and we have all gases at all of our gas stations except one, flash foods=pwned. lol

but if you're so smart, why aren't you working for the oil companies?

blacknightteg
09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
dude, there is going to be premium, did you not see that the governor relaxed restrictions on gas so that the epidemic could stop?

khaxnguyen
09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
dude, there is going to be premium, did you not see that the governor relaxed restrictions on gas so that the epidemic could stop?
i heard...but right now, it's still limited.

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:09 PM
What?

I'm not in GA at the moment but about to drive down tomorrow from MA, but I have only heard of fuel shortages in the news only in GA which I find screwed up since I haven't seen any signs of a shortage up here and last I checked all the fuel that comes up here is from the S.East so WTF!?

And when I did live down there I work at a Chevron in Dunwoody ( awesome job :goodjob:) so I knew when we were running low and when prices were gonna jump

khaxnguyen
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm in Georgia and we have all gases at all of our gas stations except one, flash foods=pwned. lol

but if you're so smart, why aren't you working for the oil companies?
Happy happy happy! this is how i entertain your comment.

Ran
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm not in GA at the moment but about to drive down tomorrow from MA...Plan ahead dude. Bring a few gallons in a can with you for the trip back, just incase.

Alan®
09-26-2008, 03:12 PM
What?

I'm not in GA at the moment but about to drive down tomorrow from MA, but I have only heard of fuel shortages in the news only in GA which I find screwed up since I haven't seen any signs of a shortage up here and last I checked all the fuel that comes up here is from the S.East so WTF!?

And when I did live down there I work at a Chevron in Dunwoody ( awesome job :goodjob:) so I knew when we were running low and when prices were gonna jump
Where in Mass are you? I got family there :goodjob:

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:12 PM
oh I was thinkin of bringing 4 5Gal containers and selling 2 @ $50/piece bwahaha

But I'm driving the EG(EH) down

Where I am in Mass is in my location ^^

blacknightteg
09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
the problem that we have as a state and more specifically around the metro area is that we have to to have a specific blend of gas because of the emissions that it produces that creates the smog around the city. perdue relaxed those restrictions so that we can have an easier time bringin in gas that is NOT at those emissions standards so that we can get gas faster. thats the reason we dont have gas really is ebcause of these specific standards.

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:16 PM
well dammnit he needs to put a Metro area ban on fullsize SUV's that are not used commercially :goodjob: also on fullsize non Diesel trucks

Ran
09-26-2008, 03:17 PM
the problem that we have as a state and more specifically around the metro area is that we have to to have a specific blend of gas because of the emissions that it produces that creates the smog around the city. perdue relaxed those restrictions so that we can have an easier time bringin in gas that is NOT at those emissions standards so that we can get gas faster. thats the reason we dont have gas really is ebcause of these specific standards.If this is true, do you think it'll cause any problems for vehicles that are going to get emissions testing on this fuel? I'd be sh*tty if he laxed the emissions standards for the gas but didn't appropriately adjust the vehicle standards.

Alan®
09-26-2008, 03:17 PM
oh I was thinkin of bringing 4 5Gal containers and selling 2 @ $50/piece bwahaha

But I'm driving the EG(EH) down

Where I am in Mass is in my location ^^
How far is that from Taunton/Berkley?

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Haha gotta love MA no emissions on OBD I vehicles.. not too far but I have to take a plane/ boat to get to the mainland
Nantucket is an island 30 miles off of Cape Cod :goodjob:

Alan®
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
the problem that we have as a state and more specifically around the metro area is that we have to to have a specific blend of gas because of the emissions that it produces that creates the smog around the city. perdue relaxed those restrictions so that we can have an easier time bringin in gas that is NOT at those emissions standards so that we can get gas faster. thats the reason we dont have gas really is ebcause of these specific standards.
Dude my car is running like sh*t cause I cant get premium. My motor tends to have lifter tick as it is and with premium you can't hear the motor purring over the tick.

jwrape
09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Right now I'm glad I'm not Boosted so I can run Regular.

Alan®
09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Haha gotta love MA no emissions on OBD I vehicles.. not too far but I have to take a plane/ boat to get to the mainland
Nantucket is an island 30 miles off of Cape Cod :goodjob:
Yup my car is stil registered up there. No emissions for me :D

WickedIXMR
09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
well dammnit he needs to put a Metro area ban on fullsize SUV's that are not used commercially :goodjob: also on fullsize non Diesel trucks
You're an idiot.

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
You're an idiot.

And how do we come to that conclusion :thinking:

Last I checked there are an a$$load of people in the metro area that drive large truck and SUVs for non commercial use in which they use and haul more fuel than your standard car

Also on top of that if you're taking my suggestion as serious, then you're the idiot :slap:

slow_hatch
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I need a DD that doesn't required premium :(

AirMax95
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
I had to pump regular this morning to get to work. i stayed under 10% throttle and 3000rpms the entire time. I'll probably have to do the same thing tonight if this **** keeps up

**** my life.

I got premuim earlier this week. I still drive @ 10% throttle and UNDER 3k rpm, lol.

Echonova
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
If this is true, do you think it'll cause any problems for vehicles that are going to get emissions testing on this fuel? I'd be sh*tty if he laxed the emissions standards for the gas but didn't appropriately adjust the vehicle standards.
It won't. The "Atlanta blend" is lower in sulfur but should not affect the emissions enough to fail. It's when you have 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 people stuck on 85 south every morning idling that it makes a difference.

BTW: I am the petroleum industry. All your gasses are belonging to me.

ironchef
09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Its not going to hurt your car if you use 87 temporarily, stop being a girl. I used 87 with no problem on my last tank, had no knocking/detonation or any other problem.

BKgen®
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Right now I'm glad I'm not Boosted so I can run Regular.

you and me both.

redrumracer
09-26-2008, 07:32 PM
go to the airport and get av gas

BKgen®
09-26-2008, 11:38 PM
BTW: I am the petroleum industry. All your gasses are belonging to me.

farting on the couch while watching knight rider hardly counts as being in the petroleum industry.

Nex
09-26-2008, 11:43 PM
were screwed