PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic Beverages

TheGodfather
09-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, so I have never drank really at all. Just never wanted to or felt the need, plus I drive most everytime and don't want to wreck my car.

So last night was my bday and all my friends are trying to convince me to have a drink and what not, and at dinner I had a glass of wine.

But here is the thing, during the day I tried a glass of Cella Lambusco, a white russian, and a Heineken.

I didn't like any of them. Nothing about them tasted good. My family said it made sense, my friends kept saying it's an aquired taste. But this doesn't make sense.

If I drink a new soda, and I hate it and it makes me squirm, why the hell would I drink it again and again til I liked it? This doesn't make any sense to me.

I know people are going to say it's not for the taste, it's for what it does to you. But I'm pretty crazy without it, so that's no motivation.

Anyone got input?

MS3ZZ
09-26-2008, 02:35 PM
it's kind of like cigar id say.

HalfBaked
09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Well heineken sucks ass so that explains why you don't like it.

Some wines and liquors are more of an acquired taste. If you don't like the taste of beer try with something more your style, such as a Mikes Hard or a Smirnoff Ice.

Maniacc
09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
When I do drink, I usually only get; Bud Light, Dos Exis, and sometimes when I feel like acting mexican I drink a Corona or two. I'm not much of a drinker though. Been told many times that I'm a light weight.

03RCode
09-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Heineken does suck. I'm not a big fan of the taste of beer either honestly, when I do drink its either Keystone Light, Bud Light, or Natty Light, there the only ones I really like the taste of. Just try different kinds, eventually you'll find one you like.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 02:40 PM
beer/wine/liquor are all acquired tastes. people usually start drinking to get drunk so they dont care about taste

Hulud
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Heineken does suck. I'm not a big fan of the taste of beer either honestly, when I do drink its either Keystone Light, Bud Light, or Natty Light, there the only ones I really like the taste of. Just try different kinds, eventually you'll find one you like.
you got some F*CKED up taste preferences then. choose keystone and natty over heineken? lol

Kyle
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
You will eventually learn to appreciate it, it will never taste that great. At least thats how I feel, but sometimes you just need beer.

Well heineken sucks ass so that explains why you don't like it.

Some wines and liquors are more of an acquired taste. If you don't like the taste of beer try with something more your style, such as a Mikes Hard or a Smirnoff Ice.
lol.

Alan®
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
When I do drink, I usually only get; Bud Light, Dos Exis, and sometimes when I feel like acting mexican I drink a Corona or two. I'm not much of a drinker though. Been told many times that I'm a light weight.
Hey isn't it low tide.....lol.

Corona>Than All

03RCode
09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
you got some F*CKED up taste preferences then. choose keystone and natty over heineken? lol

Dude Keystone is full of win lol. I honestly don't know why I like it, but I do.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Dude Keystone is full of win lol. I honestly don't know why I like it, but I do.
i have never tried it, nor want to. ive had natty ONCE.

MS3ZZ
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
try guinness or new castle.

HalfBaked
Ales, Stouts, and Porters > Pilsners and Lagers.

If you don't like the taste of beer most likely you are drinking a pilsner or a lager. IE: Bud light, budweiser, corona, heineken, etc.

Try drinking something else. Newcastle, Guiness, a hefeweizen (wheat beer, not a ****ing blue moon either), or some sort of pale ale.

HalfBaked
Keystone is just cheaper more watered down coors light.

ksniperfox
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
heineken tastes like ass. natty is cheap for a reason. my happy medium is bud light or coors light. as long as its cold, the taste isnt that bad. its just like, crisp and cool? liquor/mixed drinks are disgusting, and i can see why people drink those just to get the job done.

IMO beer just helps set the mood. a chill night out with friends, a nice day sitting on the patio in a rocking chair, or a stressful work day all go well with beer.

ksniperfox
09-26-2008, 02:51 PM

If you don't like the taste of beer most likely you are drinking a pilsner or a lager. IE: Bud light, budweiser, corona, heineken, etc.

Try drinking something else. Newcastle, Guiness, a hefeweizen (wheat beer, not a ****ing blue moon either), or some sort of pale ale.

weird? other way around for me. that guiness/newcastle....ugh(shivers). but i guess different people have different tastes.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM

you tried New Belgium's Fat Tire Amber Ale?

ksniperfox
09-26-2008, 02:53 PM
btw, my roommate got some **** from TN called yuengling or somethin? they dont have it in GA. anypne like/tried it?

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM

ugh you drink the crap of beers.. .but you're underage so that would explain it, cheap and easy to get...

and yes beer is an acquired taste, but there are some out there that do taste great. It's all in the manufacturing process.... Plus if you don't like it doesn't mean you have to drink it

HalfBaked
Nope, never had it.

I'm however super excited that GA just got in the Stone Brewing beers.

The Arrogant Bastard is awesome. Their Ruination IPA is ****ing perfect.

Ran
I'm not much of an alcohol guy myself so I get what you're saying. Beer, to me, is nasty as hell and I'm with on the stupidity of "acquiring a taste". If you don't like it, then don't drink it. No sense in drinking until you convince yourself to like it. For an alcohol that doesn't taste like cold, watered down coffee, try some malt beverages like Smirnoff or maybe some mixed drinks like a Crown & Coke. Some meatheads might give you sh*t for it, but f*ck 'em.

Drink what tastes good. :goodjob:

Hulud
btw, my roommate got some **** from TN called yuengling or somethin? they dont have it in GA. anypne like/tried it?
they dont sell it in Ga

i enjoy yuengling, i have some at my parents place. i really need to go get it

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM

Fat tire is the shiznit :goodjob:

HalfBaked
Its just another cheap beer. Nothing too special. Its made by the oldest brewery in America.

Hulud
Nope, never had it.

I'm however super excited that GA just got in the Stone Brewing beers.

The Arrogant Bastard is awesome. Their Ruination IPA is ****ing perfect.
where you get it at?

im gonna have to try it

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I think you can get it in Doraville at the beverage world off of P.Tree Ind.. .

HalfBaked
09-26-2008, 02:57 PM
where you get it at?

im gonna have to try it
They are at all the liquor stores now.

Somewhat expensive tho. My favorite was their smoked porter, it was awesome. Just the right amount of flavor and smokiness to it. It only comes in a 22oz bottle tho.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
They are at all the liquor stores now.

Somewhat expensive tho. My favorite was their smoked porter, it was awesome. Just the right amount of flavor and smokiness to it. It only comes in a 22oz bottle tho.
well how much we talkin?

like not a get drunk beer right?

HalfBaked
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
well how much we talkin?

like not a get drunk beer right?
It isn't a beer you wanna chug or just drink if you want to get wasted. It is something to enjoy during a dinner or something. Or just enjoy while you watch a movie, sports, something.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
It isn't a beer you wanna chug or just drink if you want to get wasted. It is something to enjoy during a dinner or something. Or just enjoy while you watch a movie, sports, something.
yea i figured as much. but lke is it $8/6pk?

HalfBaked
09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
yea i figured as much. but lke is it $8/6pk?
ehhh.

The porter is only sold is 22oz bottles, the bastard you can get in a 6 pack, not sure on price. I know the ruination and the oak aged arrogant bastard are about 14/6 pack....

Hulud
09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
ehhh.

The porter is only sold is 22oz bottles, the bastard you can get in a 6 pack, not sure on price. I know the ruination and the oak aged arrogant bastard are about 14/6 pack....
damn, 14/6pk? jesus. that better be worth it or i am gonna have you repay me

HalfBaked
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
damn, 14/6pk? jesus. that better be worth it or i am gonna have you repay me
They may not even have the ruination in the 6pk. It could be a 4pk or a only a 22oz bottle.

I'd recommend just getting a few 22oz bottles to see what you like the most.

Hulud
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
They may not even have the ruination in the 6pk. It could be a 4pk or a only a 22oz bottle.

I'd recommend just getting a few 22oz bottles to see what you like the most.
yea ill have to do that tomorrow

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I'll bring you down some Cisco Brewery's Whales Tail PA

FasTech
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
My opinion on this is, as a teenager... You drink with friends cause you think its cool! It taste like sh!t but you keep drinking it because your trying to seem like a bada$$ around the bro's. After while you begin to get use to the taste and after alittle while of that you begin to like the taste! Then for being stupid as a kid and drinking with friend because of popularity, you become an Alcoholic as an adult and beat your wife.

Elbow
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't drink much either, I agree girl drinks such as mixed or malt beverages ftw

DrivenMind
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
There's nothing really great about drinking, and I can tell you this coming from the perspective of someone who can drink absurdly hard. It's nice when you're able to moderate it, but it's really not all it's cracked up to be.

It's not really worth it in the long run... But if you want to try something, toss a splash of some good gin into your sprite or something of that nature.

Gin is pretty damned good.

But be warned alcohol if you have a "crazy" personality, or tend to do things without thinking them through all the way you might want to avoid it all together. I wish I would have.

If you want to try something worth doing, go hit a joint.

PS Natty ANYTHING is ****ty beer.

BKgen®
09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey isn't it low tide.....lol.

Corona>Than All

fvckin queer. guinness/harp > *

but on topic of the thread: i never drank a drop of alcohol until my 21st birthday. I pretty much never drink unless i'm with my buddies... actually i never drink alone. it's more of a social thing -- and I NEVER go anywhere near my car with alcohol. i don't drink to get sh*t faced and i won't drink unless i'm not doing anything the next day. there's really nothing special about it, but when in Rome... :cheers:

G.C
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
If you dont like that drink dont drink it and move to a new one. You should try out the pu$$y drinks. Smirnoff, Mikes Hard,etc. They taste like a juice and there's 4-5% alcohol in it. Also try mixed drinks. Screw driver,Margarita, Jager Bomb!!!, etc. I personally like Heineken for beer, Goose for liquor, Jager Bomb for mix.

TheGodfather
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for the reccomendations and advice.

GKtib, you are just like me. I just turned 21 yesterday and was the first time I ever drank. It doesn't seem like something I'd do over and over again. I was never in the drinking to get messed up phase in life.

But HalfBaked seems to have some different kind of beers that I haven't tried yet, so far everything I've tried is similar.

I'm up for trying different things now that I'm able to, being 21 I can find something I like as opposed to being 16 and drinking everything I see regardless of taste or price.

As for the Gin suggestion, that is the second time I've heard that. I might have to try it. What brands are good? Thanks DrivenMind, your advice makes sense and is kinda the mindset I'm on.

Same with Ran. Over the next few days I'll see what I like, but I have no desire to go overboard.

Thanks alot to all.

DrivenMind
09-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I like Tanquery, and they have some other variant of it called Rangpur or something like that which is some sort of special lime, and it goes great in damned near anything citrus.

Although you have to be careful, because I think Gin is the stealthiest of all liquors. It doesn't taste very strong, but it's still like 86 proof or something, which isn't insane, but stronger than a lot of other stuff.

stephanie
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
i used to drink a lot. and i recently stopped......now it tastes like crap to me. i am picky about non alcoholic drinks as well.

blazin'
09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not a big drinker, and I don't really like the taste of alcohol, but try a Midori Sour...delicious!

eViLMunkey
09-26-2008, 09:20 PM
My opinion on this is, as a teenager... You drink with friends cause you think its cool! It taste like sh!t but you keep drinking it because your trying to seem like a bada$$ around the bro's. After while you begin to get use to the taste and after alittle while of that you begin to like the taste! Then for being stupid as a kid and drinking with friend because of popularity, you become an Alcoholic as an adult and beat your wife.

x2 :ninja:

94excoupe
09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
yager and red bull ftw

Frög
09-27-2008, 06:19 AM
mmm making me thirsty..

HalfBaked
09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm not a big drinker, and I don't really like the taste of alcohol, but try a Midori Sour...delicious!
I won't make fun of the kids who drink the smirnoff ice, but if you're a dude and you drink Midori Sour, then their is a 100% chance you take it in the ass.

04sleepa
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
bruh..fawk the beers..get some jager, cut it exactly 50/50 with some goldschlager and make sure they're both ice cold! its one variation of a liquid cocaine. i guarantee your life will change lol!!

04sleepa
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I won't make fun of the kids who drink the smirnoff ice, but if you're a dude and you drink Midori Sour, then their is a 100% chance you take it in the ass.

lmao!!

Elbow
09-27-2008, 11:03 AM
girl drinks ftw

Double_0_Rusty
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Budwieser, Bud Light are my beers. Of course, I'm not to fond of beer. I am liqour man, (ie. Crown, SoCo, Jager, Gold Schlager, everclear.) Crown is my drink of choice!!!

Double_0_Rusty
09-27-2008, 11:33 AM
bruh..fawk the beers..get some jager, cut it exactly 50/50 with some goldschlager and make sure they're both ice cold! its one variation of a liquid cocaine. i guarantee your life will change lol!!

OMG SCHLAGER BOMBS FTMFW!!!!!!! I had 3 and I was done.:cheers:

Elbow
09-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Rusty last time I was with you at a party you threw up after one beer LMFAO

TeeJay
09-27-2008, 03:36 PM
SAPPORO.

plz end thread.

Double_0_Rusty
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Rusty last time I was with you at a party you threw up after one beer LMFAO

Sorry, you're mistaken! That was skatercof. Me throw up.....LOL at you.

I did throw up last night though:(

Elbow
09-27-2008, 08:48 PM
^NO that was at Miles party when he did all that. I'm talkin about at John's party when you and Brittany were playing and they said you threw up lol.

Double_0_Rusty
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
^NO that was at Miles party when he did all that. I'm talkin about at John's party when you and Brittany were playing and they said you threw up lol.

Ha, yeah that def was not "throwing up". What happened was, Brittany was wussin out, made me laugh while i was chugging my beer.....what happens when you have a mouthful of beer, and start laughing? It spews out eerrrwhere! So yeah....no throw up that night!

Elbow
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm just playin with ya Crusty lol.

Double_0_Rusty
09-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm just playin with ya Crusty lol.

werd my n!gga:cheers:

EDITORZ: DUB OH CRUSTY IS DIZZZRUNK

RL...
09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
If you don't drink then good for you. You're saving money, your liver, calories, and the possibility of DUI. :cheers:

DavidTB8889
10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
yager! ftw

Nissan Sean
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
whats with everybody hating on heiniken? its good as hell- kinda strong though( has a very strong hops flavor) my favorite beer is heiniken premium light--sooo good. but anyway OP. i would definitely suggest some mixed drinks: screw drivers, vodka and Cran, or just vodka in whatever soda you like.lol yager bombs are easy to swallow... for easy t0 drink beer- go for bud light or rolling rock.. rolling rock is like a sweet heiniken.. its good. have fun-dont drive drunk!!!!!!

DrivenMind
10-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Yager bombs are good, but terribly unhealthy.

3.5altman
10-14-2008, 09:42 PM
bud light, bud light lime, coors light, corona, and natural ice(spring break beer) is my fav. Bacardi for the liquor!

Fr33way
10-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't know if anyone said this but if you don't drink try a Sweetwater Blue, tastes more like a juice than a beer. I personally like beer to TASTE like beer but my taste shifts frequently.

Deke
10-14-2008, 10:07 PM

So I realize that this is somewhat old, but this is horrible advice imo. Don't get me wrong, Guinness is one of my favorites now, but as a new drinker, hell no. Pilsners and Lagers are gateway beers. You need to be able to handle those before you can move onto the big dogs. :)

But yeah, for the OP, I'd recommend mixed drinks. Captain and Coke was one of the first mixed drinks I had and enjoyed. I'd give that a shot if you want an easy drink that won't make you look like a girl .

flak_monkey
10-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Yager bombs are good, but terribly unhealthy.Jager. Use sugar free redbull. once you throw the Jager in there, you never know the difference. I run these things 50%50% or higher so I know.

blazin'
10-15-2008, 07:18 AM

I'm a girl.

flak_monkey
10-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm a girl.That a TBSS? I ask because I raced one a few months ago.

james
10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
man the fuck up and drink