PDA

View Full Version : Legitamte Question about the bailout

AlanŽ
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
In all seriousness who believes that the bailout is the best option we have on the table? Is there seriously not anyother way to do this.

4dmin
09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
In all seriousness who believes that the bailout is the best option we have on the table? Is there seriously not anyother way to do this.

honestly i would be highly surprised if anyone has anything but magic 8 ball answers to this... if is was full proof we wouldn't be seeing the sh!t we are. i hope it helps but i guess time will tell. you should see forbes post i made about spending the money :goodjob:

AlanŽ
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
honestly i would be highly surprised if anyone has anything but magic 8 ball answers to this... if is was full proof we wouldn't be seeing the sh!t we are. i hope it helps but i guess time will tell. you should see forbes post i made about spending the money :goodjob:
I did, I'm actually reading it now. :goodjob:

.blank cd
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
In all seriousness who believes that the bailout is the best option we have on the table? Is there seriously not anyother way to do this.Ask Again Later

blaknoize
09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Lol yea, ask later. Cuz by then, itll be something else and an excuse again by the government and the lovely way we do business.

AlanŽ
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Well I watched Pelosi's Press Confrence earlier. Why the hell would she reject even lowering the capital gains tax temporarily?

osnap
09-26-2008, 09:55 PM
"legitimate".

1SICKLEX
09-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Let them bleed like they have bled the American people. Sell their stock options, their homes, their cars.

I can't believe its actually being considered AGAIN to bail these crooked bastards out.

alpine_aw11
09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
The way I see it, these companies got what they deserved. Running around handing loans to anyone who walks in the door and then tagging them with ridiculous rates they obviously can't pay=impending failure. However, something needs to be done about it. Letting these companies go to **** will cause a lot of problems, but these CEO's don't deserve any form of retribution whatsoever for being ****-ups. It's a pretty hard question to answer, unfortunately there isn't sufficient time to make a good decision before some really serious implications occur from these companies going bankrupt, and it's already ****ting on wall street as we speak. This is going to be a challenge.

Kyle
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes, it's the only way in my opinion.

We need these companies, debt is inevitable in a country with entrepreneurs, people fail to realize this. Think about it, for expansion of the job market, engineers, architects, businesses, etc. it all relies on people borrowing money. I don't know there loan policies, its kinda irrelevant now. But I do feel we need this bailout, and there has been speculation that not doing the bailout would have a much higher cost to the US than what we are lending these companies.

Also people remember this is a bailout, it's not just giving them 1 trillion dollars outright.

AlanŽ
09-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes, it's the only way in my opinion.

We need these companies, debt is inevitable in a country with entrepreneurs, people fail to realize this. Think about it, for expansion of the job market, engineers, architects, businesses, etc. it all relies on people borrowing money. I don't know there loan policies, its kinda irrelevant now. But I do feel we need this bailout, and there has been speculation that not doing the bailout would have a much higher cost to the US than what we are lending these companies.

Also people remember this is a bailout, it's not just giving them 1 trillion dollars outright.
Well wasn't that the original plan proposed?

I just think that things like cutting the corporate tax rate and cutting the capital gains tax would help to cut back on how much we spend in the end.