PDA

View Full Version : D16z6 swap question

ds0440
09-25-2008, 11:25 PM
alright so i am looking into buying a used D16 with 60k on it. if the engine orgininally had and auto trans will my manual trans bolt right up to it or will i have to do some mods to make it work? i will be using my P28 manual trans ecu for it ( it is also getting boosted and tuned soon after the swap).

slostang
09-25-2008, 11:33 PM
it'll bolt right up.

Krappy
09-26-2008, 08:18 AM
it will fit right in but you need to add a clutch pedal, cut or change out the brake pedal (5spd is smaller) and do a little wiring

AnthonyF
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
it will fit right in but you need to add a clutch pedal, cut or change out the brake pedal (5spd is smaller) and do a little wiring

Reading is not your best friend.

alright so i am looking into buying a used D16 with 60k on it. if the engine orgininally had and auto trans will my manual trans bolt right up to it or will i have to do some mods to make it work? i will be using my P28 manual trans ecu for it ( it is also getting boosted and tuned soon after the swap).
The engine will bolt right up to your tranny. There might be an item or 2 on the engine you will have to remove before install but it'll be a perfect match. We've done this many times. It is actually better to get an engine that came from an auto trans.

-Ant.