PDA

View Full Version : why i don't feel inclined to vote.

rzaray89
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Okay I know every election you aren't supposed to be "that guy" that refuses to vote, but I am SICK of this bull****. I'm 19, and this is finally my first time to vote (been into politics since clinton vs dole) and I could really care less who wins now. Why?

1.of course the media is having their bias frenzy, playing he said/she said
(I stick to bbc news, reuters, etc)

2.i go to ga state, and I am TIRED of hearing "my brotha O'Bama is duh troof." like it or not, there are WAY too many 'black' ppl voting for him just because he is 'black' or 'half black' or 'colored'...what ever floats your boat.
(i'm jamaican, for the record).
not to mention the t shirts for sale down by 5 points outside of marta. Its like jesse jackson running for prez all over again. To make it worse the cRap stations clearly show bias towards the guy (i think he should pick Lil Wanye for his VP), and a couple weeks ago they were promoting at some club "free all night for registered voters." see where i'm going with this?

3.now, i'm more of a republican than anything, but i like to see both sides of the issue. but obviously a lot of people don't want another 4 years of "facism, crimes against humanity," and whatever other tree hugging ignorance some left wingers wanna throw around. I can totally understand a desire for change, clinton got his 8, bush got his 8, why not let a dem try and run it. but if i hear another "blame it on bush/republicans" i'm gonna blow my head off. clinton was OVER RATED. he was in the right place at the right time. the dot com boom pretty much MADE his presidency, since the economy looked great at the time. I would've LOVED to see gore or kerry in office after the worst terrorist attack on US soil, the worst natural disaster in US history, and now, the worst economic recession period since the great depression. my point: its not so much the guy in office but what's happening around him. if you think about it, these hot "issues" wouldnt be issues at all if muhfukkers could control their firearms, stop wanting to have kids at 15, and learned how to STOP SPENDING MORE THAN THEY MAKE.
obviously, the president will make good and bad decisions, but so will the masses that put them in office. and i feel that right now that these combinations of bad decisions on behalf of BOTH parties AND our great citizens have brought us to where we stand today: the beginning of end of the world.

honestly, i don't think there is a DAMN thing anyone in office can do to fix the damage that has been done. our dollar and our credit isn't worth shyt to the rest of the world and all the foreign countries are making us look silly. my dad says i'm going to regret not "letting my voice be heard," but honestly, there are more than enough blind, ignorant voices that could do the country a favor by NOT voting this election

and when you see this at your local newsstand:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6884/photo072408001qa0.jpg

why even bother anymore? think i'll find a 6 figure job in the carribbean and watch the world burn...:no:

AirMax95
09-25-2008, 04:00 PM
1.of course the media is having their bias frenzy, playing he said/she said
(I stick to bbc news, reuters, etc)

It's the media, its how they thrive, lol.

2.i go to ga state, and I am TIRED of hearing "my brotha O'Bama is duh troof." like it or not, there are WAY too many 'black' ppl voting for him just because he is 'black' or 'half black' or 'colored'...what ever floats your boat.
(i'm jamaican, for the record).
not to mention the t shirts for sale down by 5 points outside of marta. Its like jesse jackson running for prez all over again. To make it worse the cRap stations clearly show bias towards the guy (i think he should pick Lil Wanye for his VP), and a couple weeks ago they were promoting at some club "free all night for registered voters." see where i'm going with this?

People sale to make money. I see McCain and Palin pushers everywhere. Also, listen to the other radio stations. McCain supporters are on the waves too ;)

Its all to support thier candidate. My nephew told me a group of teachers wore McCain T's to school one Friday, he didnt like it. Not b/c of politics, but b/c they werent dressed professionally, lol.

To make it worse the cRap stations clearly show bias towards the guy (i think he should pick Lil Wanye for his VP), and a couple weeks ago they were promoting at some club "free all night for registered voters." see where i'm going with this?

People frequent clubs.....Free is always good.....if you are not registered to vote they register you on the spot......get into club free and party.

Sure some folks do it just to get in, but there are some who also wanted to be registered and others who will look more closely into the election.

Everything else you typed is legit and your opinion. Once a candidate is chosen, don't complain though. You will play no part in the voting process.

Good day!

Obama 08 :goodjob:

Total_Blender
09-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Its not what happened (9/11, Katrina, etc) that has gotten us into this shape, it is the way in which the current administration reacted to those things. You can fight fire with fire, but you can't fight fail with fail.:goodjob:

4dmin
09-25-2008, 04:09 PM
not really much to say other then if you don't play your part you can't complain. not that it really matters here in GA b/c we all know GA will go McCain but its the act that makes it what it is.

Total_Blender
09-25-2008, 04:11 PM
not really much to say other then if you don't play your part you can't complain. not that it really matters here in GA b/c we all know GA will go McCain but its the act that makes it what it is.

Polls are showing GA might turn around this election. :yes:

4dmin
09-25-2008, 04:32 PM

i've always said it isn't who votes its who counts the votes ;)

besides i would be highly surprised if that happened.

AlanŽ
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't bet it on it.Not saying it couldn't happen but I wouldn't count on it.

I can relate to the OP. I'm also 19 I absolutely plan on making it to the polls this year but am absolutely tired of the people my age who do not know the first thing about what they are talking about. I overheard the other day some guy talking about he was voting for Obama becuase he was "tired of having a white man in the highest position" and "tired of being fucced over by the white man" and "White people have been fuccing sh*t up for too long" and that's just from the black side of things. The white side of things is equally as bad which is exactly why I think race is not as big of an issue as some people think.

The media plays so much into this and people don't realize it. I have been saying for a long time that people need to watch all the news channels or watch none of them. Because if you don't you don't see the whole picture.

To the OP. I encourage you to vote this go around. As much as things may piss you off like has been said before unless you vote you have no right to complain about anything.

The Ninja
09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, I agreed in my rep too readily, but on many points I do strongly agree with you.