PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rediculous Professor's...

Papa_Smurf
09-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Not sure if this is the right section... but w/e

So, my professor tells us we're going to have a test the next class. Thats fine, he gives topics on things we should study, great. So.. we get to class and he puts 3 topics on the board and tells us to write an essay for each one, and essay being an introduction paragraph, a body paragraph, and a conclusion paragraph. He thoroughly stresses 2 separate times that he wants a pargraph for each intro, body, and conclusion paragraph. Thats 9 paragraphs total. Only problem is, he gives us 15 minutes to complete the assignment, no bullsh1t. :screwy:

So my question is, has anyone had an professor like this, that will give assignments which are just rediculous to ask of someone to do which is not even feesible? Is there any use going over his head to the dean to talk to him, or would I just be wasting my time?

MongolPup
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Judging by this post, you're a freshman.

Papa_Smurf
09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Nah, i'm a transfer but nice try. i've been through 1 year of college. "technically" i'm a freshman by less than 2 credit hours because some of my classes didn't transfer, but i was a fulltime student all last year.

All i'm saying is that this guy is an ass. I went to class today, and the kid behind me wrote 4 paragraphs total when the teacher stressed, on 2 different occasions, that he wanted 9 paragraphs total for the 3 topics, and somehow this kid got a 100% on the assignment...

AirMax95
09-25-2008, 04:05 PM
What is the class?

Papa_Smurf
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
U.S. History

Me86Rob
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
too bad Coach Skeen doesnt do college :(

Catnip
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
What is the class?

obviously not english

rediculous

lol

Red_Phoenix
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome to college kid. I've had profs like that. In most cases they push you to do the impossible but are linient graders. I'd wait it out and see how it goes.

Papa_Smurf
09-29-2008, 06:08 PM
too bad Coach Skeen doesnt do college :(

woah woah... lol how do you know coach skeen? that man is the best teacher, period.

obviously not english

lol

:goodjob:

Welcome to college kid. I've had profs like that. In most cases they push you to do the impossible but are linient graders. I'd wait it out and see how it goes.

like i said, this is my 2nd year of college. i had sum professor try 2 pull sum bs on me before, but it worked itself out. it's w/e, i'm not stressing it anymore.

D.Choe
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
lol I went through the same sh!t on my POLS 2201 test the other day

50 questions on scantron
15 "short" answer (ended up being like a paragraph each)
5 long answer
and take-home 25 pt. 3-4 pg. essay about how cooperation between local/state government + regionalism can solve a political issue in a certain geographical area

this is 1 test that I had to take within an hour and I write EXTENSIVELY on my answers

I ended up knockin out all the multiple choice/T&F but left like 2 short answers and 1 long answer blank because I ran out of time

I feel ya man and I'm a junior...