PDA

View Full Version : PERDUE.. Shutdown?

Julio
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
aparently got shut down atleast until next week with the GASOLINE tax break.

Pablo
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
purdue?

Brett
09-02-2005, 08:49 PM
The tax break isnt going to happen now? They said he signed the order and it was set for midnight

Julio
09-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Nope, I guess his signature is not strong enough.

I just got a call from My boss and gave me all the details.

mp5o
09-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Hmm? Tax break?

Brett
09-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Who would have stopped it? I cant see anyone having the balls to know they wouldnt get re-elected once the public found out who stopped Perdue from doing this. Its not on the news yet either

Julio
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Seems like Perdue was trying to act all big and mighty trying to remove Tax of gasoline for about 30 days... Seems like he never discuss this with the higher ups or something, I dont know that part.. But it was supposdly going to cost the state 75 Million bucks to do this for 30 days... and he got shutdown until he meet with the higher ups next week.. I guess for a real decision...

Julio
09-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Who would have stopped it? I cant see anyone having the balls to know they wouldnt get re-elected once the public found out who stopped Perdue from doing this. Its not on the news yet either

The news wont say whats not convinient for them.. The local news in GA love Perdue. So no tax break until he meets with the rest of the Suit dress peeps.

On another sour note.. GAS might be going up tomorrow even more..BUT not sure, I wont know until tomorrow at around 9am...

Brett
09-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Hmmm... Well its still not on any local news sites or on the local news. Local news comes on at 10, I will see if they say anything.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:00 PM
at 8:46 www.cbs46.com updated thier story and still said it was set for midnight to start.

Kevykev
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
. But it was supposdly going to cost the state 75 Million bucks to do this for 30 days...

that's sickening!

Leisa
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
holyshit.. 75 million bucks...whew

Bishop
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
i will still be topping off my tank tonight no matter what...if i can find a station that has gas left.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:07 PM
^^ Every station I have seen has gas, I have not seen one without gas since the "Moron Gas Rush '05" 2 days ago

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Not worth doing it if you ask me....

I mean, Ok, tax break on gas..

Lets say Your car holds 20 gallons, you pay $3.15 a gallon wich = $63.00.. Now bring the tax break into factor....

20 gallons x $3.00 = $60... saving of $3.00..

Sorry 3 bucks wont hurt me one bit.... Not worht costing the state $75 mill.

Bishop
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
^^ Every station I have seen has gas, I have not seen one without gas since the "Moron Gas Rush '05" 2 days ago
QT by my has been completly out or only has regular or only premium....every single gas station i have seen lately has been out except for a few. Mind you i drove to oakwood yesterday and same situation up there.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:12 PM
The news just said if I understand it correct that it will start at midnight but he is calling a special session for Tuesday so they can all sign off on it. Not shot down at all.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
This is off the State Of Georgia Website:

Governor Perdue Suspends Georgia Gas Tax

Calls for Special Session of the General Assembly to Ratify Gubernatorial Action

ATLANTA – Governor Sonny Perdue announced today that Georgia consumers will be exempt from the state motor fuel tax through the end of September. The Governor signed an Executive Order calling for a temporary moratorium on state collection of all motor fuel taxes, which will go into effect at midnight tonight.

“My purpose in temporarily suspending fuel tax collection is to relieve some of the financial burden placed on Georgians by disruptions of our fuel supply resulting from the effects of Hurricane Katrina,” said Governor Sonny Perdue. “In making this decision, I fully considered the fiscal implications. This moratorium will have no negative effect on the state budget.”

The state tax on motor fuel breaks down as follows:

A prepaid 7.5 cent excise tax is collected by the Georgia Department of Revenue on each gallon of fuel sold at the distributor level.
In addition to the excise tax, consumers pay an additional four percent sales tax on each dollar's worth of fuel sold at the retail pump.
As the price of gas increases, the amount of sales tax collected also increases resulting in an increasing tax burden on the consumer as gas prices rise.
For example, the state moratorium will mean that consumers who were paying $3 per gallon at the pump will save more than 15 cents per gallon in taxes.
Under state law, the Governor's decision must be ratified by the General Assembly. Governor Perdue has called for the General Assembly to meet in Special Session beginning on Tuesday, September 6. The General Assembly will meet to consider temporary gas tax relief, as well as adjusting the administrative costs that our state government employees are reimbursed for their official travel.

“The state moratorium will mean that consumers who were paying $3 per gallon at the pump will save more than 15 cents per gallon in taxes,” said Governor Perdue. “As we take this action, I want to stress to gas station owners that I fully expect the benefits of this tax moratorium to show up at the pump and be passed directly to consumers.”

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:16 PM
all racetrac will stop selling gas tonight at 11:30 until tomorrow sometime AM

BTW gas will still be over $3.00 or even higher... Perdue should just keep that TAX money.. dont know how this would be a smart move...

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Julio, how can you not see why he shoukd do this? .15 a gallon drop will help, even if prices go up, its still helping GA citizens. And they still say once the pipelines are fully back up next week it will drop, Remember gas was only $2.79 until the pipeline went down and the fear of a shortage happened, so once we get good flow Id think it will go back to atleast the $2.89 mark ( Then deduct .15 more and that helps )

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
On another NOTE.. Perdue do not have the authority to do this with certain local companies... According to what my boss told me... So Is kinda weird.. i guess tomorrow will find out.

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
ahh, GAS is on average 3.19 or higher for regular man... minus a whopping .15 cents.. Still will leave you with gas over 3 bucks...Gas will still be high for the next few days.
Even still at 2.89 a gallon.. do you think by us saving 3 to 5 bucks at the pumps will be worth the state not making $75 mill? Thats all im trying to say...
That 75 mill can go to help other things.. such as preventin a toll for 316. Just an example, who knows...

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:24 PM
From what I am getting from all the news websites, etc it seems it will take affect at midnight, but they bill will be ratified when the special session comes in Tuesday but this will start tonight in the meantime while they do the paper work for the bill on Tuesday. He doesnt expect any opposition from the house on this, and what politicioan will fight this bill, None if they want a job come election day.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
ahh, GAS is on average 3.19 or higher for regular man... minus a whopping .15 cents.. Still will leave you with gas over 3 bucks...Gas will still be high for the next few days.
Even still at 2.89 a gallon.. do you think by us saving 3 to 5 bucks at the pumps will be worth the state not making $75 mill? Thats all im trying to say...
That 75 mill can go to help other things.. such as preventin a toll for 316. Just an example, who knows...

I hear ya man, But add it up to $5 a person per car and that puts money back into the local economy because even if people feel they are saving .15 right now that will keep them out and about and back to spending money in the Atlanta area, ya know... It all evens out. Even in a few days if it drops back to $2.89 or around there it makes people feel like they have money to spend with the tax break on gas, kinda a mind thing with people.

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:29 PM
why not take that tax on gas and use it as a donation for the Katrina Disaster? Just another example.... Since aparently the state has made enough tax dollars of gas .. Just does not make sense.

Still Cutting the state of 75 mil does not make sense..... thats alot of money.

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:32 PM
I hear ya man, But add it up to $5 a person per car and that puts money back into the local economy because even if people feel they are saving .15 right now that will keep them out and about and back to spending money in the Atlanta area, ya know... It all evens out. Even in a few days if it drops back to $2.89 or around there it makes people feel like they have money to spend with the tax break on gas, kinda a mind thing with people.

C'mon man.. you know 5 bucks or less in saving wont hurt you or make you any more wealth..

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah but when you think how many people cant afford gas now, and how business's are having a hard time paying gas prices, It helps, Like he said, Its better to pass it to us this month and let the state loose it, They have more then enough from gas tax already this year so far. This will really benefit people, especially lower income right now who struggle just to pay what they have to get now. EVERY little bit helps, and I know I will greatly appreciate him doing this, Maybe other states will follow us and help people for 30 days or so.

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
GA donates 75 million dollars to "NEW ORLEANS" off gas tax money... In 30 days.
That sounds nice =]

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
C'mon man.. you know 5 bucks or less in saving wont hurt you or make you any more wealth..

Oh I know, But the mind is a funny thing, If we think we are saving money, that keeps us out and about driving to malls, going out, spending money... Just how people are, So I think it will help in sales tax in other ways that would normally loose because of people wanting to conserve cause of gas. :)

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
yeah, he even said it durring the speech, it'll be till next week to make this tax break law offical

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Will be offcial next week but from everything im reading it will start tonight and they will sign off on it it Tuesday during the special session.

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Im not convinced is a good idea for the tax break... Funny thing is other countries been paying a bunch of money for guess on less income the most americans and have made it just fine.. lol

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
^^ and Julio, thats so true..haha.
usually gas stations will get a fax to know when itll start to take place...but we havent gotten any Fax about cuttin tax yet.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Julio, I hear ya brotha!! But I personally will be glad to take any break in gas that is given right now :D

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Will be offcial next week but from everything im reading it will start tonight and they will sign off on it it Tuesday during the special session.

Thats probably why Alot of companies will not change prices tonight until next week or until is official... Im not sure about the legal loops around this.. So that I dont know.. All I know, racetrac will stop selling gas tonight at 11:30 until tomorrow AM...

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Why are they not going to sell it after 11:30 till tomorrow AM? Id think that might start a new panic when people see all RACE TRACS close, ya know?

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 09:42 PM
damn at my dads station,it was soo freakin busy today, we were like the only few ones that had gas in Dallas-Hiram GA

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:42 PM
All the gas stations that I saw today where business as usaul, Not busy and all had gas

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Im guessing is because the perdue decision.. So Im not sure why they are not selling... Im sure is all due to something legal somewhere..

Julio
09-02-2005, 09:46 PM
All the gas stations that I saw today where business as usaul, Not busy and all had gas

I was out an about today.. Every gas station was atleast out of one GRADE of gas.. My store was out of MID & PREM all day.. and I guess until tomorrow also... Saw a few stations with caution tape around all there pumps.

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Alpharetta I guess got all thier reloads, cause here and even on Medlock its allll good here :D

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Damn I saw 2.89 at a cheveron usually cheverons are high as hell on gas. and everyone else here is like either 2.99-3.19 I saw.

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I Am A Dumb Ass?! HEY WHO DID THAT?! ..I just noticed that when did this happen

Brett
09-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Damn I saw 2.89 at a cheveron usually cheverons are high as hell on gas. and everyone else here is like either 2.99-3.19 I saw.

Yeah so think how nice with .15 off how good it would be at that location, I say the tax break is worth it at prices like that

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I Am A Dumb Ass?! HEY WHO DID THAT?! ..I just noticed that when did this happen

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I did that about 3:00....lol. I was gettin a laugh each time ya posted cause you didnt catch it...LOL.

I did that to a guy in my team one time ( Fucked with his signature ) and he went days without catching it...lol

But take MOD out of yours, I will change that, you are not a mod

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah..and did you watch the O'reilly speech on Foxnews yesterday? when he was talking about how it would help everyone if the oil companies cut 20% cost since they are already making $$$ so much money.

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
That will never happen, The oil comapnies I still say are assisting with the $3.00 gas so when it goes back to the mid to the low $2 range we will be glad to pay it... Its all a game that they play

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Lol I know it blocked out Admin with *****

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Now see how nice people are to you when

A) you dont call my wife a bitch
B) make posts that have some intelligence

Makes IA much more enjoyable for ya :D

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 10:05 PM
..eh..yah thats true..and im actually enjoying posting up on IA right now without anyone givin me any remarks about my comments, lol.

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:07 PM
In dumb posts its all good, but when it comes to serious topics, Its not welcome, ya know

blacknightteg
09-02-2005, 10:44 PM
yes, the oil companies are just playing a game like brett said, raising up the prices so that when they decide its time to lower them down.....were jump for freakin joy and be filling up all the time......i mean this was almost the same way back when it went from like 150 to like 210 everyone kinda freaked out, not as much as the past couple of days but still, and that was when we went oversea's when we dont even get a high percentage of our oil from there we get like 10 percent or something like that

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah its so funny how so many people think we get so much of our oil from the middle east when in fact lik eyou said its only somewhere along the ones of 10%

blacknightteg
09-02-2005, 10:49 PM
im sorry but at times. i think our country is so fucking stupid when it comes to some things and im not even talking about our government specifically, jus the people in general

Brett
09-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah, the gas panic 2 days is a prime example of how stupid people in this country are

blacknightteg
09-02-2005, 10:55 PM
omg i know, its so sad how now a days people are just so media and internet driven, if something is on the media or internet they believe it with out waiting or getting facts from a person that will know the truth

technoteg97
09-02-2005, 11:01 PM
BigFatCrustyDildothatLovesYourMomBitch...whos that?

blacknightteg
09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
who the fuck knows's probably one of the mods fuckin around or something

AWD OWNZ U
09-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Not worth doing it if you ask me....

I mean, Ok, tax break on gas..

Lets say Your car holds 20 gallons, you pay $3.15 a gallon wich = $63.00.. Now bring the tax break into factor....

20 gallons x $3.00 = $60... saving of $3.00..

Sorry 3 bucks wont hurt me one bit.... Not worht costing the state $75 mill.

Three dollars is a meal. Some people have to chose between gas and food you know.

SLOWR/T
09-03-2005, 12:12 AM
heard that^^^ or even food and car parts :D

Cliff
09-03-2005, 01:47 AM
btw it's almost 3 am and we just got in...and no one changed anything at midnight

ISAtlanta300
09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Three dollars is a meal. Some people have to chose between gas and food you know.

Exactly. $ 3 bucks may not be much to you but compare that to like 10+ fillups some commuters have to pay to go to work. That equals about $ 30 bucks in savings a month, if not more..... That's a water and sewer bill right there. What is even more.... you are only thinking about your 20 gallon tank. Think about the truckers. The busses. The heavy equipment. The airlines. Any break will help. It is not only the higher gas prices that you pay now, but the more you may have to pay for goods tomorrow. Think about the $ 30 dollar saving a truck with a 60 gallon tank may save. And that is on one fill-up.

And if it was between me choosing to pay $ 60 instead of $ 63 dollars at the gas station.. man I will take the $ 60.

Besides, it is said that the savings will amount to "more" than .15 ct at the pump.....

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 01:44 PM
You know I've been thinking since gas prices blow these days.........I'm going to buy a bike and I'm pedalling my happy ass to work and school..........both of my vehicles can sit at home unless it rains.......so let's see here

25 gallon tank for the Silverado at 2.89 gas station...im saving $72.25 times 4 times a month if I have to fill up a week........I'm saving $289 per month.......plus I'm exercising so I'll be in tip top shape....

so fuck the state and all their fucking construction shit all over the place..........I'm riding a bike.

everyone get a bike it's healthier for u and for the envorinment.......and well the state will have to lower their prices down sometime.........back to shit a .75 like it was back in the day.......damn even $1.50 per gallon

The Ren
09-03-2005, 02:23 PM
GA donates 75 million dollars to "NEW ORLEANS" off gas tax money... In 30 days.
That sounds nice =]
I couldnt agree more

IndianStig
09-03-2005, 02:27 PM
holyshit.. 75 million bucks...whew

man thats alot of muhla

i think they should do it though.

Julio
09-03-2005, 02:35 PM

That was an example. My car only holds 12 gallons. Wich would be WAY less.

If you drive a vehicle that holds 20 + gallon and are seriously complaining about 3 bucks or whatever amount it is you will save wich wont be much.. just dont pump the 60 bucks... Or sale the car.

Doesnt make sense. I would much rather see that 75 mill go to help the People down in N.O...

IcEhOu$e
09-03-2005, 02:43 PM
how many people do we have in America? Does anyone know?