PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lemme ask YOU a question...

quickdodgeŽ
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Lolol. This isn't because I don't believe, I'm just curious.

Why should I believe in God. And I mean while I am here on Earth. Not because when I die, I will go to Heaven. What will he do for me while I am living and breathing? Later, QD.

Hulud
09-03-2005, 10:15 AM
drink the grape juice............................................. .......slit your wrists...........................

BTEC
09-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Why should I believe in God. And I mean while I am here on Earth. Not because when I die, I will go to Heaven. What will he do for me while I am living and breathing? Later, QD.
the bible is a step by step guide. this will happen if you do this whether it be positive or negative. its up to u to read it, try it and find out for yourself whether or not it is indeed true or not. If you do what he says and get what he say u will get for doing something, how can you doubt? everybody has questions but do you REALLY want to know the answer?

quickdodgeŽ
09-03-2005, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't ask if I didn't want to know. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
09-03-2005, 01:07 PM

Ask not what God will do for you, but ask what you will do for him. He already gave you life, is that not enough? :)

quickdodgeŽ
09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
He already gave you life, is that not enough? :)

I just don't get it. So he (may) gives us life. He does nothing else for us while we are alive and we have to worship him until we die so we can go to heaven? I don't see. Later, QD.

BTEC
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I just don't get it. So he (may) gives us life. He does nothing else for us while we are alive and we have to worship him until we die so we can go to heaven? I don't see. Later, QD.
i used to ask the same questions. i have several stories where ive gotten what God said i would if i did what he said do (if that makes any sense). But most ppl would just say "you got lucky".

quickdodgeŽ
09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
But most ppl would just say "you got lucky".

I would probably be one of those. Later, QD.

BTEC
09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I would probably be one of those. Later, QD.
lol!!! i kinda figured that. honsety is very much appreciated.

quickdodgeŽ
09-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Well. I'm not trying to argue or sway anyone. I just want to know things. It's human nature to want to know more about what you can't find out, ya know. None of this is to offend church people. Later, QD.

BTEC
09-03-2005, 01:51 PM
im the same way. as my professor used to say "if u dnt know, ask questions".

Hulud
09-03-2005, 07:56 PM
YOU ARE OFFENDING ME QD! lol

ISAtlanta300
09-03-2005, 10:47 PM

It is his life. You basically have to prove you are "worth" it. That is why you "should" not take your own life, for example. He does plenty when you are alive. Makes his presence known to those who seek him. Provide answers and guidance.

It goes a bit more deeper than that....

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I see what you're saying. Your response just inspired yet another question, lolol. Later, QD.

SwiftGTiRacer
09-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Please don't take this offensive. You asked for our views so i'm just being blunt with ya. Thats just how i am. Ok...

Your actting like the flood victoms in the story mycivcjust8u posted. Some one died for you! Took his life for you. He didn't do you a small favor like wash your car or take out your trash. He basically took a bullet for you. I realize its hard to have faith in someone you can't see all the time but isn't that what faith is? If you beleive in Hell/Heaven then why wouldn't you want to try your best at life so you can make it to Heaven when the time comes? Heaven is eternity. Its not 80 years like a normal life. Its forever. Why wouldn't you want to worship a person that took his own life for you and suffered while doing it and then turns around and offers you eternity in perfection?

Swifty

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Please don't take this offensive. You asked for our views so i'm just being blunt with ya. Thats just how i am. Ok...

Your actting like the flood victoms in the story mycivcjust8u posted. Some one died for you! Took his life for you. He didn't do you a small favor like wash your car or take out your trash. He basically took a bullet for you. I realize its hard to have faith in someone you can't see all the time but isn't that what faith is? If you beleive in Hell/Heaven then why wouldn't you want to try your best at life so you can make it to Heaven when the time comes? Heaven is eternity. Its not 80 years like a normal life. Its forever. Why wouldn't you want to worship a person that took his own life for you and suffered while doing it and then turns around and offers you eternity in perfection?

Swifty

No offense taken. I am definitely not like the flood victims. I don't think that I am owed anything and I am not trying to hurt anyone trying to help me. I'm not asking for handouts or demanding them. He took his life for me, I realize. But, as he was the son of God, I'm sure he knew he could come right back to life. Which he did. Later, QD.

Killer
09-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I haven't taken the time to read all the posts so hope i'm not repeating anything.....

but... God doesn't just give you life. There are plenty of rewards to worshiping God. Anything you give to God you will be blessed ten fold. The more you bless God the more He will bless you. but also the devil will try to take it away to make you not believe in God. (and the devil gets his way a lot because people these days don't have enough faith)

RandomGuy
09-06-2005, 12:56 PM
of all people its strange that you dont believe. With this whole spirit seekers thing and all. How many psycics who channel these "spirits" are theist. How can you believe in one and not the other. Where do these spirits stay? Because if dead or whatever souls are existant here... why only some?. Millions of people died .. many more than there are people in this world, they would be ABSOLUTELY everywhere, you feel me? They had to go somewhere. This shows the existance of some other plane, you'd say, possibly heaven or hell. Can heaven and hell be scientifically expressed? Are there coordinates on them. There has to be some architect to design this man.

just trying to post, relating to QD... sorry if i offended anyone

AtifSajid
09-06-2005, 01:40 PM

This world is a test that God has put upon each of us. He already knows our endings, but this is the way he has our life laid out. Im sure MANY of us have been through bad times and turned to Gods help, and you found your way out of that trouble. My point exactly. If you pass the test of this world by following what God has for you, then you will be placd in Heaven...and again this all depends on what your true beliefs are. It's much deeper and complicated that this, but I dont feel like writing everything out. One day I will..and I cant remember if I already posted to this thread or not..lol.

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM
of all people its strange that you dont believe. With this whole spirit seekers thing and all. How many psycics who channel these "spirits" are theist. How can you believe in one and not the other.

One thing will answer your whole post, lolol. I never once said I didn't believe. I'm just always questioning things about religion. I don't know any psychics so I can't answer your other question there. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Personally there have been many times were I've achieved serenity after deep reflection and to ME there is only one answer as to why. Again, for ME it's about what I feel after doing certain things where I get that feeling no where else.

I'll give you an example:

You are a ghost hunter. You BELIEVE they exist whole heartedly. Some people don't agree with you for a bunch of different reasons. The fact that THEY don't believe doesn't change the fact that YOU believe. Why? Because you are satisfied that they do exist. This is the same way that some of us believe in God the way we do, and some people don't.

Some of the same reasons you believe in ghosts are similar to why some of us believe in God. Most of those reasons are really not 100% tangible, but they are still valid to you, right? The same with us.

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2005, 06:41 PM
That's a good post and for that a +whatever mods can give for you.

My posts/questions are not to try and prove the nonexistance of God(as I said above, I pretty much believe), they are just questions I have to further knowledge of this subject, ya dig. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 06:53 PM
That's a good post and for that a +whatever mods can give for you.

My posts/questions are not to try and prove the nonexistance of God(as I said above, I pretty much believe), they are just questions I have to further knowledge of this subject, ya dig. Later, QD.

I totally follow.