PDA

View Full Version : General Chat stealing peoples rims

DecoyOctopus
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
lets say the car is fully insured...and you get your really $ex-pensive wheels stolen. would an insurance company get you some new spinners or would they just push that "if its not oem we cant fix it" bullcrap on you and deny you coverage?

yogi08
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
ive always wondered, so im interested just as much man. my insurance company never told me they would... figured id be screwed.

DecoyOctopus
09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
i wanna know cuz my car isnt garage kept and i been meaning to drop some stackage on some superfly wheels, but i was lookin in the stolen car section and phuck man gwinnett is HOT!!! is there any victims of this haneous(spelling?) crime that care to share their experience

chico78
09-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Spinners?

xlilvi3tx
09-24-2008, 11:47 PM
well this is a good question. this is my opinion but i could be wrong... i think that they should if you have a receipt of the wheels and tires but im also gotta guess u have to argue with them a bit and explain to them that the wheels got stolen and you can't move the car so now what? i really don't know but i think they should if you got a proper receipt...

yogi08
09-24-2008, 11:53 PM
ive bought wheels from regular people though, just never think of getting a reciept but i reckon i should.

DecoyOctopus
09-24-2008, 11:58 PM
thats slang for wheels. but cyea man every experience ive had wit the insurance companies has been bad. they always try to bullchit me, but they love getting that damn check every 6 months. im just afraid if i get somethin besides rotaz that my chit will get busted into or just left on bricks.
Spinners?

yogi08
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
miatas = leave doors unlocked!!! it takes nothing but a pocket knife to break into those cars, so you might as well leave it unlocked to let them steal your $50 dollar cd player than a 400$ window or $300 dollar top.

LoveGirl
09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Most insurance companies don't reimburse you for "aftermarket" parts. They'll only pay for stock stuff.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Most insurance companies don't reimburse you for "aftermarket" parts. They'll only pay for stock stuff.Shut up

jk. but yea i figured but man thats bullchit man i swear insurance is so gay its so expensive for no reason and you dont get your money back when you dont get into accidents its just giving them a bunch of money so they can help you but when you need them they always wanna find a way to not help or a reason why they shouldntv :cry:

iNsTuN nOoDoH
09-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I know someone that had their 19" wheels stolen back in 2000 and he got a check for it. It all depends on what insurance company you're with. Then again, I knew someone that had their car totaled when their wheels were stolen because the car had to get towed away and the underbody was all damaged.

JITB
09-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Dont they have a part of insurance, that asks about extra parts or whatever.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 12:33 AM
i like the 19" story better. idk if i should get them...i mean usually its honda boys that get robbed for their blinged out wheels but chit i got a 4x100 pattern i know one of them robbin azz muh fukkaz would get me.

98strat
09-25-2008, 12:33 AM
With state farm they told me if i had proof they were on the vehicle and bolted to it, they would be covered for their replacement cost. Proof being pictures or receipt.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 12:34 AM
ummm...i applied for progressive motorcycle insurance and they asked me if it was suped up or anything but not when i applied for car insurance, just same old questions they all ask.

JITB
09-25-2008, 12:35 AM
i always see a section where they ask for extras.... maybe you shoudl ask them.

stephen
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
i know when i had my car broken into and a lot of electronic accessories (cd player, dvd player, tv, subs/amp) and a toolbox (with $2k worth of tools in it), i was able to file the claim under my home-owners insurance and they paid me for everything. i'm not sure if that was only possible due to the fact that the car was parked at home, but the auto insurance company told me that aftermarket accessories are considered an extension of your home.

oh, and the reason they ask for aftermarket items on the motorcycle is to determine the risk...not to re-imburse you for it. the same probably goes for that extra part on insurance apps for cars (greater risk of theft with more add-ons, instead of greater risk of accident as compared to bikes).

redrumracer
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
keep receipts and also let the insurance company know you have aftermarket parts on your car. hell its a miata, its already cheap on insurance, so paying a lil more to know your mods are properly protected as well is worth it.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=redrumracer] hell its a miata, its already cheap on insurance [QUOTE] :eek: its not that cheap 1000 skullz every 6 months...no tickets. i remember insurance on my 91 ford probe was cheap 50 bucks a month took care of that puppy :bump: and i was like 16 years old. but yea im going to call them suckaz up tommoro n lettem know i got some bling comin n I WANT THAT CHIT INSURED...FOR FREE!!!!if its possible

redrumracer
09-25-2008, 12:47 AM
who the hell do you have insurance through? i gots statefarm and its 156 every month. but that is under my moms insurance.

and thats full coverage with a $500 deductible

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 01:05 AM
who the hell do you have insurance through? i gots statefarm and its 156 every month. but that is under my moms insurance.

and thats full coverage with a $500 deductibleprogressive i got a 500 dollar deduct too.

RL...
09-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I couldn't own a nice/modded car without having it garage kept. I don't trust anyone. A garage would be my 1st mod lol.

Sushi
09-25-2008, 01:18 AM

and thats full coverage with a $500 deductible

I'm 20 and im under my dads policy and I pay 313 a month for full coverage with one accident in 4 years.

What kind of car do you drive?

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 01:21 AM
I couldn't own a nice/modded car without having it garage kept. I don't trust anyone. A garage would be my 1st mod lol. yea man but i have no choice apt complexes suck, man and all these dumb little babies hop on their twisted up little bikes and try to race and do tricks i swear i know imma wake up one day with a big gash in my paint. and i dont care ill beat up some kids man no remorse...ill know wich ones to beat up cuz they wont come outside after they do it. theyll feel guilty but when they do come out...imma hit them with a sock wit an apple in it.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm 20 and im under my dads policy and I pay 313 a month for full coverage with one accident in 4 years.

What kind of car do you drive? we all got some miyatas...he got a 99-00 n i got a 03. dude your insurance is high as phuck id kill myself...i assume youre insured on that rsx in your sig.

Kourt
09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
I have allstate and they were pretty good when i hit a deer, it had a body kit an stuff on it that they were gonna cover, but I didn't want that **** back. They did buy me a new VIS carbon viber hood though, and I had no extra coverage or reciepts.

carbon_crash
09-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Just all depends on your insurance provider. If you have receipts and pics for your aftermarket mods, most company's will pay for the replacements.

RBS
09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
take a sharpie and write on the inside "Honda" and show them thats it OEM. that way if it gets stolen they should cover it cause its a OEM peice :D

alpine_aw11
09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
It all depends on your insurance provider and your relationship with them. For me personally, if I have proof of purchase and it get's stolen I get a check. Also if my Jeep were to get totaled, I would get reimbursed for any parts that I couldn't take with me.

southside
09-25-2008, 10:06 AM
naw it will be a lil extra my brother caprice got stolen and insurance for the stuff like beat rims and other stuff. Was only like 20bucks extra a month to insure that stuff.

Thighs
09-25-2008, 10:11 AM
i have an idea!

instead of asking the forum, call your insurance company. lol

southside
09-25-2008, 10:17 AM
i have an idea!

instead of asking the forum, call your insurance company. lolhaha got a point

ATK_Designs
09-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Depends on situation. Technically, on white papers, they're only responsible for OEM parts.

Believe it or not, at times, OEM wheels at MSRP are more than most aftermarket wheels.

Best way to cover you a$$ is to add on the insurance for the aftermarket parts. it's called, Stated value. That way, they won't be taking depreciation or anything else into account. With provided receipts, they'll come out, estimated the car and insure you for how much the estimated cost is.

fivex684
09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Progressive does. It ask you the value of other parts added to the car. So I just entered $2000. I do my insurance online.

DecoyOctopus
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
i have an idea!

instead of asking the forum, call your insurance company. lolyou know what, its easier to just make a thread about it and never have a solid answer :goodjob:

jwrape
09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
i know when i had my car broken into and a lot of electronic accessories (cd player, dvd player, tv, subs/amp) and a toolbox (with $2k worth of tools in it), i was able to file the claim under my home-owners insurance and they paid me for everything. i'm not sure if that was only possible due to the fact that the car was parked at home, but the auto insurance company told me that aftermarket accessories are considered an extension of your home.

oh, and the reason they ask for aftermarket items on the motorcycle is to determine the risk...not to re-imburse you for it. the same probably goes for that extra part on insurance apps for cars (greater risk of theft with more add-ons, instead of greater risk of accident as compared to bikes).

My brother had his car stolen from the mall. The car insurance covered the car, the home owners insurance covered the house hold items in his car, like his clothes, Laptop, ipod, and skate board.:thinking:

jew_boy
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
you have to get your insurance company to appraise your car with the rims or just ask to insure the rims also

flak_monkey
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
This is the beauty of a stated value policy. Also, if it was stolen at your house, try homeowners or renters insurance.

flak_monkey
09-25-2008, 11:49 AM

What kind of car do you drive?
I pay that every three months. Full coverage.

T.C.
09-30-2008, 01:49 AM
I've got progressive as well and they will cover up to 5,000 extra for aftermarket accessories or wheels/tires as long as I have pictures or receipts. Just be sure to inform them

Slow_EF
10-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I couldn't own a nice/modded car without having it garage kept. I don't trust anyone. A garage would be my 1st mod lol.

well, you don't need a garage for that maxima..:lmfao:

87 Turbo II
10-04-2008, 12:42 AM
MY friend had aftermarket wheels stolen, Insurance paid him what he payed for them when he showed his receipt for them and he bought some used wheels and spent the difference on mods.