PDA

View Full Version : Need help testing and ECU (p75)

hefftone
09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm having some electrical problems with my 93 cx hatch (b18b1 swap). Turning the key to on the main relay buzzes, and the CEL flickers. Fuel pump is not priming. Engine turns over, just no fuel. Confirmed fuel pump works, main relay tests OK. It's either ECU or wiring.... and I don't even know where to start with the wiring!

At the main relay plug, i am getting some weird voltage readings, and wonder if my ecu is messed up.

If somebody is running an obd1 swap, or a stock integra, it'd be a huge help if i could plug my ecu into your car, to confirm if it works. For helping me out, i'd happily present you with a case of beer. :cheers:

I'm in dallas,ga (30132) and would meet you at your place, or you can stop by my place.

Uptown401
09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
check your fuel filter to see if its clogged up, sometimes fuel pumps intend to be powered up but doesnt do the job due to corrosion build dup. so replacing your fuel pump might solve your problem either 2.

hefftone
09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks, but that is not it. The pump operates when jumped out at the main relay....I have an circuit problem that is disrupting the main relay (which send power directly to the fuel pump). The ecu triggers the relay......thats why i need to test my ecu.

scttydb411
09-26-2008, 02:24 PM
pull the cover off and sniff the ecu and see if it smells fishy or burnt. also look and see if there is any burnt capacitors on the board. there is usually a capacitor that pops that'll need to be replaced and possibly some traces that need to be repaired.

have you jumped the svc connector to find any cel?

hefftone
09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
No funny smell. ECU was known to be working. I did socket the ecu for chipping, and have not been able to test the ecu since. Most likely its a wiring issue somewhere in the car....but I'd like to at least confirm whether or not the ECU functions.

G.C
09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
you chipped it your self? get it tested lol. you might have fukced it up.

scttydb411
09-27-2008, 09:52 AM
clip j1 jumper and see if it functions stock. i've seen to many self chipped ecu's toasted b/c they weren't done right.

hefftone
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
All of my testing has been performed with the external eprom jumper cut. I had intially used a switch, but it was a ****ty rat shack switch, which seemed to maintain some continuity in the off position, so i cut the lead and i am still stuck, scratching my head.

Still looking for a local car to test the ecu with.

you chipped it your self? get it tested lol. you might have fukced it up.

Hey thanks for the special advice genius! Thats the whole point of this thread. Got anymore earth shattering perils of wisdom? Stick to the rice rack at autozone, and maybe install a new set of pedal covers. :screwy: