PDA

View Full Version : Delay the debates...?

4dmin
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
WTF this is kinda ridiculous... economic issues or not I am waiting on debates :2up:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907

tony
09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
McSame has called a timeout. Lets see how the IA conservatives justify this, wtf can he do for the economy? All he has is a senate vote and maybe a proposal.. sounds like someone wasn't prepared for friday.

I swear this is no different than if I wasnt prepared for a test in school and I beg the teacher for an extension.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
McSame has called a timeout. Lets see how the IA conservatives justify this, wtf can he do for the economy? All he has is a senate vote and maybe a proposal.. sounds like someone wasn't prepared for friday.

I swear this is no different than if I wasnt prepared for a test in school and I beg the teacher for an extension.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: He is still a senator. This could be a move by the campaign to show the he is a man of action and not just talk. Ever think of that?

VIP Style
09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
man mccain is just not prepared plain and simple, theres no justification. they say mccain is saying to post pone the debate due to the us financial crisis, thats bull.

4dmin
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: He is still a senator. This could be a move by the campaign to show the he is a man of action and not just talk. Ever think of that?

do you honestly believe that and how would that make him a man of action? i mean honestly you knew about the date a year ago; moving it will not help our economy. i think there is more pointing to political tricks then action.

Total_Blender
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM

Can he not do that at the debates though? Would he really cheat the voters out of seeing him debate to be seen as a "man of action"? Thats pretty low.

I really hope they can do something for the economy, but I don't think the situation is so critical they need to cancel the debates.

blaknoize
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
U kno GT doesnt, IDk why u even asked. He'll fight for McCain till the end of time, no matter what the proof cause or justification. At least Mr. Kidd thinks...

:rolleyes:wait till my thread gets bashed...

Alan®
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
man mccain is just not prepared plain and simple, theres no justification. they say mccain is saying to post pone the debate due to the us financial crisis, thats bull.
Are you people serious? The guy is collecting a check as a U.S. Senator and you want to him to neglect his job at a pivotol time so you can watch the two of them argue and take cheap shots at each other?

McCain wants to create a "political free zone" until a deal is reached on legislation for a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry.

"It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the administration's proposal," McCain said. "I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time."

"If we do not act, every corner of our country will be impacted," McCain said. "We cannot allow this to happen."

McCain also canceled his planned appearance Wednesday on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" program.

The Obama campaign said the Illinois senator had called McCain around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday to propose that they issue a joint statement in support of a package to help fix the economy as soon as possible. McCain called back six hours later and agreed to the idea of the statement, the Obama campaign said. McCain's statement about postponing his campaign was issued to the media a few minutes later.

Seems to me like McCain just took it one step further than Obama was willing too

McCain's statement was an effort to show leadership on an issue that has spread economic fears across the country and overshadowed the presidential campaign just six weeks from Election Day.

McCain said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington that would include him and Obama.

The economy has not been McCain's strongest suit, and his move was an attempt to turn it into an opportunity to show he's the candidate of bipartisanship and action. Recent polls showed Obama with an advantage with voters in handling the economy.

Jesus christ people pull you're heads out of you're ass.

tony
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM

A man of action would allow the public to view both candidates AS SCHEDULED, we've waited 5 months for this **** and 72 hours ahead he wants to postpone it? Its a lame ass excuse, he is not going to make a difference in the state of the economy.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
do you honestly believe that and how would that make him a man of action? i mean honestly you knew about the date a year ago; moving it will not help our economy. i think there is more pointing to political tricks then action.
Ok so **** it have the debate. Cause a debate will really have so much effect on what is happening NOW rather than doing what they were elected and paid to do by joining congress to figure out a plan?

Paul do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. While I do believe that this could quite possibly just be more political BS. At least he will be doing something.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Can he not do that at the debates though? Would he really cheat the voters out of seeing him debate to be seen as a "man of action"? Thats pretty low.

I really hope they can do something for the economy, but I don't think the situation is so critical they need to cancel the debates.
No he can't. Having a debate on National Television is not the same as being in Washington with Congress banging out a plan for our ecconomy.

Actions speak louder than words.

Total_Blender
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
No he can't. Having a debate on National Television is not the same as being in Washington with Congress banging out a plan for our ecconomy..

The debate was already arranged a year in advance. He's backing down from a callout that he accepted. If this were a street race in the killsforum you guys would be trying to have him banned. :cheers:

Is his presence so important that he has to be there? He's not known for his economic leadership within his own party, even he has said that. So it seems to me like he is just out for glory here.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
The debate was already arranged a year in advance. He's backing down from a callout that he accepted. If this were a street race in the killsforum you guys would be trying to have him banned. :cheers:
Street Racing=Ecconomic Crisis? I think not. The debate was aranged a year ago yes but did we know a year ago that last week our ecconomy would be hanging in the balence with a major decision from congress THIS WEEK?

I mean unless your Miss Cleo or something the answer is no.

tony
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Only the blinded cannot see that this is a slap in the face to the American people. We are getting ready to elect a president and McCain being on that stage friday night is very intricate in the steps toward a resolution. We need to know where McCain stands in contrast to Obama, to not show up would be absolutely stupid on McCain's part and his campaign will suffer greatly for it.

4dmin
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Ok so **** it have the debate. Cause a debate will really have so much effect on what is happening NOW rather than doing what they were elected and paid to do by joining congress to figure out a plan?

Paul do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. While I do believe that this could quite possibly just be more political BS. At least he will be doing something.

do you think these guys have been working on their voting records while they have been campaigning? why would it matter now? their economic plans would be way more higher up on the agenda then knowing they both will vote YES to can economic bailout :cheers:

wantboost
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
politics as usual

Total_Blender
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
It just seems to me like he's backing down from a challenge. Lots of stuff going on... companies tanking, gas shortage in the Southeast (his power base), etc. Maybe he is trying to buy a little time and build up his approval rating a bit.

I think he's counting on a break to let some of the tension dissolve before the debates. I think he just found out that the fundamentals are not sound. :lmfao:

Mik2006
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
post pone ftw! i was thinking that this might be able to help him, but i started to think. dont we have phones to communicate and video now a days? come on.

4dmin
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
“This is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsible for dealing with this mess,” Obama told reporters in Clearwater, Fla.

OBAMA REJECTED MCCAINS DELAY :cheers:

alpine_aw11
09-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Didn't Obama deny debating McCain multiple times?

blaknoize
09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
"Even as McCain said he was putting the good of the country ahead of politics, his surprise announcement was clearly political. It was an attempt to try to outmaneuver Obama on an issue in which he's trailing, the economy, as the Democrat gains in polls."

Straight from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/ap_on_el_pr/mccain
that being the same as the above statements which the AP (that being the media) can even point out.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Didn't Obama deny debating McCain multiple times?
He's been rejecting him since before the Democratic Primaries were over. It's hypocritical of Obama to deny it but eh what do you expect.

DrivenMind
09-24-2008, 05:12 PM
While we wait, we should also have only the two heads, from the two biggest parties define the rules on who does and doesn't get to debate. Then of course we can exclude "weird" third parties guys that might actually know something, and win the debate, and just keep the puppets talking.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
"Even as McCain said he was putting the good of the country ahead of politics, his surprise announcement was clearly political. It was an attempt to try to outmaneuver Obama on an issue in which he's trailing, the economy, as the Democrat gains in polls."

that being the same as the above statements which the AP (that being the media) can even point out.
I honestly hate the media and the AP i just as bad as CNN when it comes to it's support for Obama and not letting it bias their opinion.

Mik2006
09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
so mccain draws back. what is he going to do to help?

Vteckidd
09-24-2008, 05:18 PM

to be honest, and prepare for a shocker....

I see both sides.

I think it was great of Obama to say he was going to try an get past the partisan stuff to get this passed, but actions speak louder than words.

I applaud Mccain for suspending his campaign because there is BIGGER issues at hand.

I also agree with Obama, that regardless what happens someone in 41 days is going to have to deal with this no matter what debate or not.

Im on the fence, but im leaning towards the debates should be not be postponed.

i think it would do alot of good for Obama and Mccain to go to Washington and jumpstart both their parties into stop bullsh!tting and get something done. Obama said some great things about not trying to get too much done with this and just get something done that will work. Address smaller issues after our main financial system is ok.

I do think they should both go to Washington, i do think the debates should go forward.

JITB
09-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Why cant they just go to washington Monday...lol

Vteckidd
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Yahoo is as liberal as CNN and NBC sorry.

Obama has ducked Mccain for awhile on debating as well. So it could go either way.

I do agree with Tony that if Mccain is not there, on Fri, it will be a devastating blow to his campaign

BobbyFresco
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Someone has staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage fright.

Vteckidd
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Why cant they just go to washington Monday...lol
if you watch the proceedings, we cant wait a week.

Every day that passes another financial company is close to going under. Paulson said we have DAYS, not weeks

Alan®
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I do think they should both go to Washington, i do think the debates should go forward.

But which one is actually going to Washington :goodjob:

JITB
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
if you watch the proceedings, we cant wait a week.

Every day that passes another financial company is close to going under. Paulson said we have DAYS, not weeks

i just heard about it when i got off work......Its a situation.. But they act like its a surprise.

Vteckidd
09-24-2008, 05:35 PM
i just heard about it when i got off work......Its a situation.. But they act like its a surprise.
well im not an economist but when the FED is saying we have days, its cause to be scared.

What is going to happen if nothing is done is a massive credit freeze. No one will be able to buy a car, a house, get a loan to expand their business, etc.

It hasnt really affected the middle class but its about to

4dmin
09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
He's been rejecting him since before the Democratic Primaries were over. It's hypocritical of Obama to deny it but eh what do you expect.

really what national televised 1 year in advanced debates has Obama not shown up for?

Alan®
09-24-2008, 05:47 PM
really what national televised 1 year in advanced debates has Obama not shown up for?
:eek: Paul changed the subject :rolleyes:

blaknoize
09-24-2008, 05:50 PM
P&G can save wallstreet :D
Cincinnati BISH

4dmin
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
:eek: Paul changed the subject :rolleyes:

no i didn't i asking you to clarify... besides its a dead subject now... obama rejects...

a) mccain doesn't show and looks bad

b) mccain shows and has to debate

c) we all die from aids

end of story.

Vteckidd
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
no i didn't i asking you to clarify... besides its a dead subject now... obama rejects...

c) we all die from aids

end of story.
true story

Alan®
09-24-2008, 05:58 PM

c) we all die from aids

end of story.
McCain has repeatedly asked him to debate before this official Presidential debate and Obama has flat out ignored him. I love this mentality of Democrats can do no wrong. It's ok for Obama to ignore call out after call out but it's not ok for McCain to go do his job :rolleyes:

tony
09-24-2008, 06:08 PM

the ****? They werent even nominated until late August, how can you duck someone when you arent even the nominee?

Alan®
09-24-2008, 06:19 PM
the ****? They werent even nominated until late August, how can you duck someone when you arent even the nominee?
Whoops you're right I overstated. :goodjob: Sorry trying to study and do a couple of other things at the same time so my mind is kind of blah right now.

Either way Obama has been ducking him for sometime now. That fact still doesnt change

redrumracer
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
how can yall say he isnt prepared? politicians dont write their material, thats what the other people are for.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
how can yall say he isnt prepared? politicians dont write their material, thats what the other people are for.
They still have to study it. This is one of the few times they aren't going on a teleprompter.

4dmin
09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Whoops you're right I overstated. :goodjob: Sorry trying to study and do a couple of other things at the same time so my mind is kind of blah right now.

Either way Obama has been ducking him for sometime now. That fact still doesnt change

i asked you to state what NATIONAL (1 year of advanced noticed) debates Obama has missed? answer is none.

brwloco
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
The entire thing is bull****. Mccain needs to put on his big boy pants and stand up to the task. He's known about the date of the debate for a while now, he's had plenty of time to prepare and 'work on the economy'-this is a pathetic last minute attempt to delay something that intimidates him. Granted Palin has about the same amount of political intelligence as Paris Hilton and will undoubtedly make a fool of herself-but that's a possibility mccain should have accepted when he chose her as his VP. Bottom line, mccain has no valid reason to postpone the debate. And quite frankly, mccain's only hurting himself by trying this sucker-play.

JConner
09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
The entire thing is bull****. Mccain needs to put on his big boy pants and stand up to the task. He's known about the date of the debate for a while now, he's had plenty of time to prepare and 'work on the economy'-this is a pathetic last minute attempt to delay something that intimidates him. Granted Palin has about the same amount of political intelligence as Paris Hilton and will undoubtedly make a fool of herself-but that's a possibility mccain should have accepted when he chose her as his VP. Bottom line, mccain has no valid reason to postpone the debate. And quite frankly, mccain's only hurting himself by trying this sucker-play.

You think McCain is not prepared for a debate on foreign policy (which is the topic of Fridays debates)???? hahaha.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
i asked you to state what NATIONAL (1 year of advanced noticed) debates Obama has missed? answer is none.
:rolleyes: Paul that is changing the subject to swing in your favorite. A debate is a debate. Fact is fact. And fact is McCain has repeatedly asked Obama to debate him prior to this and Obama ignored him. If thats what you want to do as well that's your business. But it is still hypocritical of Obama to say anything about mccain backing out of the debate when he himself did so repeatedly. But of course the media won't say anything about it

4dmin
09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
:rolleyes: Paul that is changing the subject to swing in your favorite. A debate is a debate. Fact is fact. And fact is McCain has repeatedly asked Obama to debate him prior to this and Obama ignored him. If thats what you want to do as well that's your business. But it is still hypocritical of Obama to say anything about mccain backing out of the debate when he himself did so repeatedly. But of course the media won't say anything about it

FACT KINDA LIKE JESUS RIGHT? :lmfao:ITS COOL YOU WANT TO TALK SH!T W/O POSTING FACTS.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Have you not watched any of the last few forums? 9/11, Saddleback etc. where McCain has repeatedly said "I wish that Senator Obama would join me on stage" "I wish Senator Obama would join me in a discussion on the issues". If you can honestly say no then you haven't been paying attention.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
FACT KINDA LIKE JESUS RIGHT?

What the hell are you talking about? :thinking:

Here you want fact here's a statement from McCain to the International Herald Tribune

"I've asked Senator Obama to join me in town halls across the nation,"

Obama initially seemed enthusiastic about the idea when it was floated by Mark McKinnon, an adviser to McCain, as it became clear in early May that Obama was going to win the Democratic nomination.

"I think it's a great idea," Obama said at the time.

Obama initially seemed enthusiastic about the idea when it was floated by Mark McKinnon, an adviser to McCain, as it became clear in early May that Obama was going to win the Democratic nomination.

And the Obama camp wanted one of the two to be held on July 4, a day when Americans could be expected not to flock

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/14/america/mccain.php

The article is date July 14th BEFORE THE DNC. Obama has been ducking and dodging for months. This is nothing new.

That enough fact with proof for you?

4dmin
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
What the hell are you talking about? :thinking:

Here you want fact here's a statement from McCain to the International Herald Tribune

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/14/america/mccain.php

The article is date July 14th BEFORE THE DNC. Obama has been ducking and dodging for months. This is nothing new.

That enough fact with proof for you?

town hall meetings are not NATIONALLY TELEVISED DEBATES planned 1 year in advance... do you honestly think rep/dem would campaign together? i'm sure alot would get accomplished by them "even sharing a plane together" :lmfao:

Alan®
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
town hall meetings are not NATIONALLY TELEVISED DEBATES planned 1 year in advance... do you honestly think rep/dem would campaign together? i'm sure alot would get accomplished by them "even sharing a plane together" :lmfao:
Ok Paul. But it would have been a lot better than these ridiculous Forums that they have both been doing where they both basically sound exactly the same (especially at the 9/11 forum on service) and there is almost no telling them apart. At least you would have had these guys on the same stage AT THE SAME TIME and would have really been able to compare Apples to Apples. Our ecconomy is in the toilet and McCain is going to try and do his job and he is being ciriticized for it and yet what is Obama doing? :rolleyes:

4dmin
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok Paul. But it would have been a lot better than these ridiculous Forums that they have both been doing where they both basically sound exactly the same (especially at the 9/11 forum on service) and there is almost no telling them apart. At least you would have had these guys on the same stage AT THE SAME TIME and would have really been able to compare Apples to Apples. Our ecconomy is in the toilet and McCain is going to try and do his job and he is being ciriticized for it and yet what is Obama doing? :rolleyes:

they have to do separate campaigning ... it would be cool to see 1 vs 1 throughout campaign but what would be the point... opposition would always complain b/c who would be in charge of screened questions, location, etc everything involved. it would be different if we weren't running a 2 horse race.

McCain isn't doing his job by delaying debates... he isn't going to be around to vote on anything anyway. Why don't you look into their voting records both having voted since last year on anything. They've been campaigning. Best thing for McCain to do is to show up and stop trying to create press on how diplomatic he is... they need to go toe 2 toe on a nationally televised event in front of millions.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
they have to do separate campaigning ... it would be cool to see 1 vs 1 throughout campaign but what would be the point... opposition would always complain b/c who would be in charge of screened questions, location, etc everything involved. it would be different if we weren't running a 2 horse race.

McCain isn't doing his job by delaying debates... he isn't going to be around to vote on anything anyway. Why don't you look into their voting records both having voted since last year on anything. They've been campaigning. Best thing for McCain to do is to show up and stop trying to create press on how diplomatic he is... they need to go toe 2 toe on a nationally televised event in front of millions.
And they still will. Hell they still might even have the damn thing Friday who knows.

Total_Blender
09-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Reps if I can. :goodjob:

Obama wants to run his own campaign and has proven very capable in doing so. Nationally televised debates are the best way to bring the debates to the people. Town halls are great for localized stuff like Senate/House races but not the best arena for debate on a national scale, especially concerning broad issues like foreign policy and the economy.

And when you look at McCain's track record with airplanes... I wouldn't fly with him. :lmfao:

BB6dohcvtec
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM

reps for you if can. town hall meetings are pointless for the national stage IMO.

Alan®
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
reps for you if can. town hall meetings are pointless for the national stage IMO.
They are useless if you only have one candidate on stage. You don't think the media would go nuts if they started having town halls with the both of them on the same stage at the same time talking about the issues? These forums are equally as useless as Town Halls yet they get huge press because they are in the same building.

Now put them on stage at the same time and see how useless they are on a national level :goodjob: .

WhiteAccord
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't believe in Hitler.

BB6dohcvtec
09-24-2008, 10:07 PM
It still would be useless boring and would be so long a drawn out that it would put the novice voter straight to sleep.

SPOOLIN
09-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm glad that i don't care about a damn argument between to people battling each other on live television and i'm glad that i don't rely on that argument to persuade my vote.

I am against obama but at this point in time i would not have anything against him further if he were doing this rather than McCain. What difference does a debate really make.

(waiting for typical comment)

Alan®
09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
It still would be useless boring and would be so long a drawn out that it would put the novice voter straight to sleep.
I highly doubt that. I guess I'm just a bit more optimistic than the next guy but oh well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

flak_monkey
09-24-2008, 10:52 PM
dog ate his cue cards.

00RedRT
09-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Historians have noted that the Civil War, the Great Depression and World War II didn't prompt suspensions of presidential campaigns. I would hope at the very least that our future president can multitask. Just my :2cents:

1SICKLEX
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
dog ate his cue cards.
BAsically....

tony
09-25-2008, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFw-_e1ZckI

At 1 minute is really funny.. a good summary of whats going on.

Alan®
09-25-2008, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFw-_e1ZckI

At 1 minute is really funny.. a good summary of whats going on.
Can't watch it. I'm in class. Cliffs?

4dmin
09-25-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm glad that i don't care about a damn argument between to people battling each other on live television and i'm glad that i don't rely on that argument to persuade my vote.

I am against obama but at this point in time i would not have anything against him further if he were doing this rather than McCain. What difference does a debate really make.

(waiting for typical comment)

b/c the debates drill down into the issues... many things will spiral off of debates: undecided voters, contradictions, see them under pressure, more detailed info on policy, etc

i would hope anyone voting would care about how your candidate does in the debates.

Total_Blender
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Mac cancelled on Letterman so Letterman had Keith Olbermann on the show in his place and they ragged on him for the whole show. Buuuurrrrnnn :lmfao:

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.debates.org/pages/news_092408.html

v-empire
09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
"It's preposterous that we can't have a presidential debate in the middle of this economic crisis. We had a presidential campaign in 1864, when Sherman was marching on Atlanta. We had a presidential election in 1944, when D-Day was going on in Normandy," he said. "We can have a debate on Friday. In fact, it's probably the most important thing McCain and them could be doing, would be to debate the issues."

they can do both.
+ last week McCain said our economy is fundamentally strong.....

now this is urgent?

tony
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I hope McCain does not show up, I really do.

BB6dohcvtec
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
lol I forgot McCain did say that last week now look at hime we are in a crisis.

Total_Blender
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I hope McCain does not show up, I really do.

I really want to hear what he has to say. I mean I could potentially be swayed. I say that with a tinge of sarcasm, but I know there are a lot of voters who are on the fence and I really wouldn't vote for a candidate without first hearing them debate :goodjob:

B18c1Turboed
09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
.McCain wants to create a "political free zone" until a deal is reached on legislation for a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry.

"It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the administration's proposal," McCain said. "I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time."

"If we do not act, every corner of our country will be impacted," McCain said. "We cannot allow this to happen."

McCain also canceled his planned appearance Wednesday on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" program.

rEALLY

David Letterman absolutely tore John McCain a new one on Wednesday's show, after McCain supposedly called Dave at the last minute to cancel his appearance because he had to "race to the airport" to go watch after our crappy economy.

But here's the kicker: Later on, Dave cut to live footage of Johnny boy getting his makeup done for an interview with Katie Couric -- only a couple blocks away from Dave's studio and far from an airport.

After Dave busted McCain with his pants down, he used the opportunity to rail his elder some more.

vIDEO

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=d49e9754-bc4b-4cce-bdc2-b803b66d3c28

4dmin
09-25-2008, 06:45 PM
^ bahhhhhhhhh letterman was really funny about it. mccain got OWNED... if he doesn't show up friday you better kiss your polls goodbye :goodjob:

Alan®
09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
rEALLY

vIDEO

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=d49e9754-bc4b-4cce-bdc2-b803b66d3c28
Eh I could care less that he blew off Letterman. If he had time for one interview I could totally understand him canceling the Letterman interview and keeping the Couric interview.

Think of it this way. You're grandmother's dying and you got enough time to make one stop. Do you buy beer or do you go to church and pray?

4dmin
09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Eh I could care less that he blew off Letterman. If he had time for one interview I could totally understand him canceling the Letterman interview and keeping the Couric interview.

Think of it this way. You're grandmother's dying and you got enough time to make one stop. Do you buy beer or do you go to church and pray?

that is the lamest rebuttal ever... you've been d!ck riding on how he is going to "DO WHAT HE IS PAID FOR AND GO BACK TO WASHINGTON" and McCain tells letterman "i'm flying back to washington can't make it"... ya he shows up live on Couric down the street.

:lmfao: whatever dude he straight up lied and got owned for being a liar.

Alan®
09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
that is the lamest rebuttal ever... you've been d!ck riding on how he is going to "DO WHAT HE IS PAID FOR AND GO BACK TO WASHINGTON" and McCain tells letterman "i'm flying back to washington can't make it"... ya he shows up live on Couric down the street.

You're right but seriously who gives a **** if kept one interview and kept another one.

B18c1Turboed
09-25-2008, 06:53 PM

:goodjob: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:taun:

Total_Blender
09-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Not even down the street, it was in the same building. Mac called Dave and told him he was flying to D.C. but in fact he hadn't even left the building.:lmfao:

Mac and Dave are personal friends. Mac even announced his candidacy on Dave's show. Its one thing to cancel an interview on an entertainment show to give priority to a news show, but he didn't tell Dave he was going on the evening news. He told him he was going to D.C. right away. Mac just flat out lied to a good friend... bad character IMO. :rolleyes: