PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Aurora Group Inc.

GIXXERDK
09-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I recently landed an interview with this company http://www.auroragroupinc.net/ . Something about this company makes me feel like its going to get me running around in circles.

No experience required, they train you.
Only need HS diploma

Has anyone heard of them or know anything of them?

AznTraitor
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
looks like a pyramid business or perhaps 3rd party marketing company....

the name slips my mind, but there was one that was huge in ATL, that was selling dreams of the rich life in marketing, all you had to do was walk door to door and sell cable and telephone service but they did not tell you what they did or what they sold until you sat the whole day in their meetings and classes which basically tried to sell you that working and being rich is awesome, mediacom and bellsouth basically outsourced the footwork to a 3rd party company....and this website you show.....well, gives off that same appeal.

personally, I'd be upfront and call them back and ask what position are you applying for and what does the job entail....otherwise, I bet they'll waste your time trying to sell you on their company. If they don't, and really want you to come in, I'd pass....the high end job market is dwindling down, and any major "fortune 500" company is not going to beg people to come in and see what it's all about.

AznTraitor
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
bingo. I was right, I went back and read about the company....

"Aurora's Personal Approach", (This unique way of reaching customers has been called "most preferred for the year 2000 and on") <-- this is basically telling you that you will be going door to door ie face to face selling.

companies like this will usually offer promotions based on how many people you can recruit for the company, like...if you bring in 6 people, well....you sir are now the "regional manager" for those 6.

You'd be lucky to make $9 an hour, at most you'd be looking at is $12....the catch is, everyone makes $9 an hour, but the more plans,contracts,etc you sell, you get back like a nominal portion of it....these companies are a dime a dozen....I know personally because when I was in the marketing business and putting my resume out there, I had literally walked out of 20 or so offices, once I figured out they were 3rd party marketing companies....needless to say, alot of them were not happy that I pretty much laughed at them and said no thanks

okra1981
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I did the same thing to a company like that after they called me in for an "interview" on July 4th. They asked me why I wasn't ready to join and then the guy laughed at me when I said I wanted to talk it over with my girlfriend.

Nissan Sean
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
dont do it . its a pyramid scheme company... i love when they try to hire me. i laugh at them and tell them what they do is a joke.

AznTraitor
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
dont do it . its a pyramid scheme company... i love when they try to hire me. i laugh at them and tell them what they do is a joke.

this one doesn't seem to be a pyramid.....it's just an outsourced 3rd party marketing company....they are everywhere....doesn't matter if you have a hs diploma or college degree....they will spin it that you need to work for them.

Nissan Sean
09-24-2008, 07:34 PM
well i wouldn't recommend working for them..

AznTraitor
09-24-2008, 07:38 PM
well i wouldn't recommend working for them..

Well, it really just depends on how hard up you are for money and what you would do to get it.

They are by no means doing anything illegal, and they do pay you, the only thing is they just kinda hide the job description and details, so people with degrees who are looking into the business marketing realm just have to swim through companies like this one to find a real marketing firm.

think of it like a McD's or Grocery Store.....you can be hired to do one thing, but you will do everything in the end.

btw, I wouldn't work for them either, my standards are too high...

batlude
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
they are going to rape you

ksinao
09-28-2008, 12:16 AM
i have had interviews with them too... seemed real wierd. i just didnt go and ignored the callss.....

yungdz
09-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Yea I went to some company in Roswell. After a 20 min briefing I found out it entailed going door to door selling Windows to houses. They wanted me to call later that evening with a date I could start but decided not to even bother.