PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, as many know i own a 88 toyota pickup and some may know that...i've been letting a friend borrow it cuz of SOOOOOOOOOOOO much hard times he and his wife have been going through and are still going through:

both of them lost their jobs, they have gone thru two miscarriages, one miscarriage just a wk ago, one car basically taking a sh*t on them, and the other caught up in legal issues w/ the title trying to be transferred..basically being parked as a result.

they are really good friends, and as a homie, i'd hate to rush him, but he's been talking about that a friend in philly is working out the kinks of the title so he should have his car back soon..so i'm like cool. its been 3 weeks since he's told me that and i'm not..an impatient person, he's been borrowing my truck for about 2 years on and off, due to circumstances they cannot control. no doubt, he's maintained it, kept tires on it, oil changes, etc...but a homie wants teh truck back to keep the mileage down on the maxipad, throw the rims on the truck finally, do the front end conversion on it, redo the interior, and other stuff..

i mean..what should a nigerian do in such a situation?:thinking:

Ran
09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Best to get an update on his situation. That's pretty cool of you to help them out though.

4dmin
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
its your sh!t if you need it back take it back... if he is truly your friend he will be cool about it and no problems... if he is a d!ck about it don't lend him sh!t again.

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Best to get an update on his situation. That's pretty cool of you to help them out though.

i have no update of the car, which like u said i need to, but they both still dont have a job, barely making their $800+ rent, the guy is basically doing side hustles to make ends meet..and the wife is basically still passing thru the miscarriage..

i hate to be like..i'd like to get my shiz back, na meen?

its your sh!t if you need it back take it back...
i dont need it..but it'd be cheaper on gas to drive the truck opposed to the max...

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:16 AM
if he is truly your friend he will be cool about it and no problems... if he is a d!ck about it don't lend him sh!t again.

i'm 99% sure he wouldn't be like that because of what i've done thus far and how he's acted w/ everything else...like if i needed the truck for something, he'd put gas in it and tell me no prob...

AirMax95
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Hmmm......

I see it like this: If you know for sure that his situation is worse than yours, let him hang on to it.

If your situation is getting worse b/c of it, then you need to RUSH him to get his car on the road.

Being good friends makes it easier to come to a mutual agreement!

Ran
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Hold on a second, these people were about to have a kid and neither of them have a job? Are they crazy?

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
i mean...my wife has lost her job and my job has basically cut hours and shut down one office, bringing everyone into this office trying to help everyone keep their job...its tight..but i feel im in a better situatino than he is right now.

mine isnt stable, neither is it falling or rising..so...i guess ill play the waiting game while seeing what's going on w/ his car?

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Hold on a second, these people were about to have a kid and neither of them have a job? Are they crazy?

i know for sure the first time was an accident..cant say the same bout the 2nd time...i say pull out or birth control to prevent...

Lizbiz101
09-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Why don't you just sell it to him lol. Or let him know straight up it's been a while since he's had it so ask him what's going on with the other car? Ask him if he will be able to give you back your car soon. People will walk over you as long as you continue to let them do it. Good friend or not.

Ran
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
i know for sure the first time was an accident..cant say the same bout the 2nd time...i say pull out or birth control to prevent...I say get a job and stabalized lifestyle before pumping the cream into the snack-cake.

Red_Phoenix
09-24-2008, 10:31 AM
i have no update of the car, which like u said i need to, but they both still dont have a job, barely making their $800+ rent, the guy is basically doing side hustles to make ends meet..and the wife is basically still passing thru the miscarriage..

i hate to be like..i'd like to get my shiz back, na meen?

i dont need it..but it'd be cheaper on gas to drive the truck opposed to the max...

I think they first need to look to live somewhere cheaper second I am with Ran. WTF are they reproducing for if they can't make ends meet on their own. Third, its your truck. If its hurting your leanding it to them then you gotta step up and take care of yoru own too. Props for helping out a friend though

Red_Phoenix
09-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Why don't you just sell it to him lol. Or let him know straight up it's been a while since he's had it so ask him what's going on with the other car? Ask him if he will be able to give you back your car soon. People will walk over you as long as you continue to let them do it. Good friend or not.

How can he buy it if he doesn't have a job to pay for it:thinking:

Sammich
I say get a job and stabalized lifestyle before pumping the cream into the snack-cake.

LULZ this is serious conversation ran quit making me lol:D

but thats true..but in this world its hard to stabilize anything..

when u said that i looked at u like smokey did roach...sell your mama car i'm not selling mine, thats my baby..fuh really..i love my truck..only way to depart is a totaling out:(

but ur right though..ill ask him today i just hate to act pushy, but it has been a while..but the clearing of the title situation of his car has just come to light when he came back from philly when his mom underwent surgery.

ill see how far it is along i guess..i just hate being pushy basically..i'd like to say i gave pple enough time ya know

Sammich
I say get a job and stabalized lifestyle before pumping the cream into the snack-cake.

LULZ this is serious conversation ran quit making me lol:D

but thats true..but in this world its hard to stabilize anything..

when u said that i looked at u like smokey did roach...sell your mama car i'm not selling mine, thats my baby..fuh really..i love my truck..only way to depart is a totaling out:(

but ur right though..ill ask him today i just hate to act pushy, but it has been a while..but the clearing of the title situation of his car has just come to light when he came back from philly when his mom underwent surgery.

ill see how far it is along i guess..i just hate being pushy basically..i'd like to say i gave pple enough time ya know

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I think they first need to look to live somewhere cheaper second I am with Ran. WTF are they reproducing for if they can't make ends meet on their own. Third, its your truck. If its hurting your leanding it to them then you gotta step up and take care of yoru own too. Props for helping out a friend though

in this area u are pretty much stuck w/ that kind of rent..i was fortunate to find my $675 rent

like i said first time was a 'mistake' and she had a job at that time, this time...i duno what they were thinking or doing

i'm not hurting...financially...just emotionally...PS f the emo comments u hobos:tongue1:

alpine_aw11
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I mean if he's a good guy like you said he should understand. Letting someone borrow a truck isn't the same as lending someone some power tools, especially if you have emotional attachment like you said. Maybe try helping him get on his feet, ya know? Are him and his wife looking for jobs? And x2 on the no babies.

BobbyFresco
09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
This is definitely a tough one.
If you come off as pushy, it may strain your relationship, as if it isn't already whether you want to admit it or not.

But Sammich you have to look at it this way:
You offered or allowed your friend to use the truck knowing he was in need.
You want your truck back because you want to do shiit to and with it.

As one of your close friends, his need > your wants so I would just look at it that way.
He according to what you've said, has maintained the car just like you would so at least he's not abusing it. Just be patient and keep being the friend you have been. If nothing else, try to help him find something cheap that he could drive so you can get your truck back.

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I mean if he's a good guy like you said he should understand. Letting someone borrow a truck isn't the same as lending someone some power tools, especially if you have emotional attachment like you said. Maybe try helping him get on his feet, ya know? Are him and his wife looking for jobs? And x2 on the no babies.

i dont know what kind of job he's looking for..he had a job when he first got laid off..but they basically went out of business..so now he's back to finding soething else..

they are looking as far as i know...dont know bout anything else tho:thinking:

This is definitely a tough one.
If you come off as pushy, it may strain your relationship, as if it isn't already whether you want to admit it or not.

But Sammich you have to look at it this way:
You offered or allowed your friend to use the truck knowing he was in need.
You want your truck back because you want to do shiit to and with it.

As one of your close friends, his need > your wants so I would just look at it that way.
He according to what you've said, has maintained the car just like you would so at least he's not abusing it. Just be patient and keep being the friend you have been. If nothing else, try to help him find something cheap that he could drive so you can get your truck back.

true statement

right now he's waiting for the title situation to clear on 'his' car right now:goodjob:

Lizbiz101
09-24-2008, 10:46 AM

ill see how far it is along i guess..i just hate being pushy basically..i'd like to say i gave pple enough time ya know well you are not being pushy, you just wanna know how things are going. you know. Don't go at him like dang where's my car. Try to go in a way that's like you want to know what's going on with him more. Ultimately he will tell you what you want to know, without you asking specifically, know what i'm sayin?

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
well you are not being pushy, you just wanna know how things are going. you know. Don't go at him like dang where's my car. Try to go in a way that's like you want to know what's going on with him more. Ultimately he will tell you what you want to know, without you asking specifically, know what i'm sayin?

i fig-a-deal u lizzy bear:D

Motivation
09-24-2008, 10:51 AM
i mean..what should a nigerian do in such a situation?:thinking:

ehh.... Just steal another one. :lmfao: :tongue1:

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
ehh.... Just steal another one. :lmfao: :tongue1:

watta cracker attempt to get a nikka locked up

Motivation
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
watta cracker attempt to get a nikka locked up

pshhhht.... You know you're no "nikka", they wouldn't claim you...

ps, cool of ya to help a friend out, by letting them use your truck. :goodjob: Hopefully they get everything figured out soon and you won't have to be stuck in this situation...

Ronsam2006
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Nigerian hair, my criteria compared to your career...

Sammich
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
dont think i will ever lend my truck/car/auto out again...

at least i came out better than my bro in law...they basically tore his car up...

BobbyFresco
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
dont think i will ever lend my truck/car/auto out again...

at least i came out better than my bro in law...they basically tore his car up...

The way you should look at it is that you're doing something good and you can never be called a bad person because in this day and age, it's very rare for one person do anything substantial to help another fellow human being.

We ( humans) sure will help out some dumb animals though.:rolleyes: :lmfao:

Sammich
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
We ( white people) sure will help out some dumb animals though.:rolleyes: :lmfao:

edited for correction

black pple hit dogs on purpose

china men cook cats on purpose

:lmfao:

but yea w/ ur other statment..thats how im tryna keep looking at it:goodjob:

BobbyFresco
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM
edited for correction

black pple hit dogs on purpose

china men cook cats on purpose

:lmfao:

but yea w/ ur other statment..thats how im tryna keep looking at it:goodjob: