PDA

View Full Version : dogbox tranny??

roscoe
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
any1 out there using one? i've ran across a couple on youtube and i was just seein if any1 has any hands on experience on them.. i'm guessin they r pretty expensive too lol oh well neva hurts to dream i guess

slostang
09-24-2008, 01:26 AM
a few guys on here that do big races have them. I can't remember their sn's though. I think jj dropped into the low 9's with his civic coupe not too long ago.

GTScoob
09-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Lots of subaru guys use them because they're indestructable. I doubt your celica motor will ever make enough power to warrant one. And I'm not hating I just know a guy who blew 4-5 of those motors in varying degrees of mild to wild builds.

B18c1Turboed
09-24-2008, 05:54 AM
I will be getting one for my civic, by winter time hopefully!!! DOG BOX means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GTScoob
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I will be getting one for my civic, by winter time hopefully!!! DOG BOX means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dog boxes are cheaper than built trannies with built syncros and shifter forks and whatnot. Just be sure you know that the actual dog engagement teeth will wear out over time and will have to replaced down the road.

B18c1Turboed
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Dog boxes are cheaper than built trannies with built syncros and shifter forks and whatnot. Just be sure you know that the actual dog engagement teeth will wear out over time and will have to replaced down the road.

When is the last time you have priced a built tranny out? compared too a dog box for a honda?