PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Gas Shortage

DinanM3atl
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry another gas thread... Don't know if everyone has seen the stupid people in Atlanta lining up at the pump to WAIT to get gas when they don't even need to fill up. This morning I waited 25 minutes to get 20 dollars of gas. While waiting the lady who started pumping AFTER me put in less gas and it auto cut off. I estimate she put in 3 or 4 gallons. Then to top it off she had a 5 gallon fuel container in the trunk she decided to fill up...

Friend had an idea. Kind of humorous I thought since there are pictures.

As you can tell he was REALLY excited to be doing this from his big smile

:shifty

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/AtlantaGasShortage2.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/AtlantaGasShortage1.jpg

Look at all the people waiting to wait in line to get their share of what is left.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/AtlantaGasShortage3.jpg

Revmaynard
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Lol. I think the same thing when I see that sht. I saw the first local gas station for me outta gas. Luckily there were four more within the same mile that all the different octanes.

Friggintitsman
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice legs

Deke
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Lol I like it. Did he make sure to go down the line of cars and point out their ridiculousness.

I was getting pissed about this same thing two weekends ago. Me and friends were driving to Virginia and obviously had to get gas a couple times along the way. We kept having to deal with lines at gas stations because of retarded panic.

Hulud
09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
f*cking crocs :no:

blaknoize
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
If GA was better at managin traffic yall bishes wouldnt be out of gas. As u see, I can leave now and get fuel anytime BISHES

DinanM3atl
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't agree with the crocs but the message is the same :)

DinanM3atl
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
If GA was better at managin traffic yall bishes wouldnt be out of gas. As u see, I can leave now and get fuel anytime BISHES

Um what?

blaknoize
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Um what?
Sarcastic geez... but yall idle in traffic so long, u could be driving in my low congestion city. 1.8M is all u need. :D yall got to many in one area.

Sport1.3
09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
where is the pic?

edit: NM....low server/host i guess

Sport1.3
09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
thanks to those cum hogs i cant get any gas in my own car

nsany(atl)
09-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Hummer owners just fill up and go to the back of the line and idle till empty.

TheGodfather
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better. I can get gas anywhere, anytime, any octane, with no wait.

HOLLA!

T.C.
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I heard that atlanta was about to get enough gas to take the edge off of the so called "shortage". Is this true?

tdurr
09-23-2008, 09:48 PM
prob not. lol i give it 2 weeks before we go back to normal.

AlanŽ
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
LOL. This **** is ridiculous. I went with my girl today to get gas and she had her windows down and she asked me why it was like this every where for the past few days and I explained to her that it was because people are idiots and they believe everything they hear. Well apparently the guy in front of us heard me and he was like you're too young to understand this stuff. The pump stops pumping and I looked and he got a gallon and a half :doh: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tdurr
09-23-2008, 10:17 PM
^^ should have been a smart ass and said "well im smart enough to see your fcuked. Good luck gettin home on 20 miles worth of gas!"
lol i prob would have gave him the evil eye or smacked him in the head for sayn that....

Elbow
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
It's PISSING ME OFF.

But up near ****** there is no wait, all octane. :) lol.

T.C.
09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
^^ should have been a smart ass and said "well im smart enough to see your fcuked. Good luck gettin home on 20 miles worth of gas!"
lol i prob would have gave him the evil eye or smacked him in the head for sayn that....

lol

TheGodfather
09-23-2008, 10:24 PM
On the local news here, they just had a thing about the gas shortages specifically in Atlanta and showed the lines and interviewed some people.

DinanM3atl
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Pathetic.

I have watched people barely put in any gas it is auto shutting off. They are topping off 20 bucks and less. Get out of line and GO HOME.

AirMax95
09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I filled up both cars today, just to avoid that crap!

SuperChicken
09-24-2008, 01:28 AM
I filled up both cars today, just to avoid that crap!

My cousin sold his truck for gas money...what's your point?

TheGodfather
09-24-2008, 04:00 AM

:thinking:

Kevykev
09-24-2008, 07:05 AM
I still have yet to wait in a line I havent filled up in weeks since I have other cars BUT i'm on E now. Let's see what happens today.

thanks to those cum hogs i cant get any gas in my own car

:lmfao: WTF??

AirMax95
09-24-2008, 07:58 AM

:thinking: :thinking:

Ummmm.......I don't want to have to wait for gas when people run frantic :???:

What's your point?

Killer
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
yeah, i filled up monday evening thank god... i was on E driving home.. my little mileage calculator was all like "0 MILES TIL EMPTY" lol... my room mate is on E as well.. hasn't been paying attn and now none of the stations around us have gas and he doesn't think he can make it anywhere that might have some!!! lol

MongolPup
09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I've avoided this whole thing by having a car that doesn't run.

MS3ZZ
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
I've avoided this whole thing by having a car that doesn't run.

lol:lmfao:

Elbow
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I avoided this by going out before this happened and filling drums up, gas cans, etc. I have tons of gas at home. Thank me for stations running out.

JK **** all the ***** ass SUV driving redneck ****ing soccer bitches that are getting gas for no reason. Suck my ****.

.blank cd
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I work @ a gas station and have made it a point to cuss out all the men and women who are driving up to the pumps (when we have gas) in there escalade ESV's and Expeditions and Excursions, in the thing BY THEMSELVES!!! and it happens more often than you think! Tax write off my ass

BlkCD5
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
"$150 on pump 5"

"**** you *****, have a nice day"

:lmfao:

.blank cd
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
"$150 on pump 5"

"**** you *****, have a nice day"

:lmfao:LOL thats what it is. Its sad but true. I'd tell that individual we're rationing gas and only put 40 bucks on his pump

eViLMunkey
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I swear GA is the only state in shortage right now... kinda odd?!

SuperChicken
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
:thinking: :thinking:

Ummmm.......I don't want to have to wait for gas when people run frantic :???:

What's your point?

Let's see...you went out and contributed to the problem, filling up 2 cars, just to avoid the problem.....I'm sorry, the logic of that completely escapes me....??? How does that action raise you above the problem, or make you smarter than the rest of the sheeple, exactly? To me, it sounds like the worst of the "I got mine, fcuk the rest of ya" mentality that I think is the single biggest problem in our society today: the "I'm entitled" mentality.

Bruce Leroy
09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I had to fill up my g35 today, and it took me forever to find a station that had premium. The only place i could find around alpharetta was qt, and the line outside the gas station was atleast 15 cars deep..... I said **** it, and rode to dahalonega, got some gas and had a little fun in the mts.

Spektrewing386
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
whats troubling is that most of the line is with cars that have fuel caps on the driver side. so its difficult to get to the pump in the correct orientation.

seriousb13
09-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Sucks he sold the truck, but he has gas but no car??

leobond001
09-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't agree with the crocs but the message is the same :)

Naw, crocs are super gay, but don''t ppl remember what happened in hurrican katrina when pumps ran out. there wasn't a shortage, put som pumps did run out. ppl rushed the pumps there for nothing

the blind lead the blind and the follish will foloow

Deke
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
whats troubling is that most of the line is with cars that have fuel caps on the driver side. so its difficult to get to the pump in the correct orientation.

I have that same problem. It's hard to get inline for a pump because everyone's going the wrong way. Next time I think I'll just reverse into the line :)

Hulud
09-24-2008, 08:02 PM
i bought a gallon today and then poured it out and lit it on fire

MongolPup
09-24-2008, 08:06 PM
i bought a gallon today and then poured it out and lit it on fire

ROFLBERRY PWNCAKES!

Z33_kid
09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
kinda great cuz i was told that there is no more gas near the gas stations where i live and my car will be outa gas in about 2 days drive so ima be fucd

1SICKLEX
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah its crazy..lol

aguynamedpat
09-24-2008, 09:50 PM
GA isnt the only state that is having this issue. South Carolina is having the same issue. Bobby Fresh mentioned that, and one of my buddies who lives up there says none of the stations around him have gas either.

I have about 50 miles to empty, so if I see it Im going to fill up. Hopefully I can catch QT by my place tomorrow at 6:45 AM on my way to work. Im tired of worrying about. And at this point Ill take anything. I only put 93 in the E36, but Ill take whatever I can right now.

eViLMunkey
09-24-2008, 10:55 PM
damnit they better have gas by saturday/sunday

1SICKLEX
09-24-2008, 11:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080924/us_nm/us_usa_gasoline_suppliesusreport

U.S. gasoline inventories lowest since 1967

By Tom Doggett Wed Sep 24, 4:26 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. gasoline inventories shrunk to the lowest level since 1967 after Hurricanes Gustav and Ike shut Gulf Coast oil refineries, but the Bush administration said there is still no need to ask for emergency fuel supplies from European allies.
ADVERTISEMENT
click here

The drop in fuel stocks has caused long lines at service stations in southern cities. Retail outlets, including those in Atlanta and Memphis and as far away as Ohio, have run out of fuel.

Nonetheless, U.S. Energy Secretary Sam Bodman said on Wednesday the Bush administration would not reconsider making a request to the International Energy Agency for emergency gasoline supplies. Bodman said last week the Energy Department was "reasonably satisfied" with the recovery of the U.S. oil sector after the hurricanes.

The Paris-based IEA was created by the United States and other industrial nations in the mid-1970s, after the Arab oil embargo, to coordinate energy policy and the release of petroleum stocks when needed.

Five U.S. oil refineries with a total production capacity of 1.231 million barrels a day have remained shut since Ike idled 14 plants, or a quarter of the nation's refined fuel production, nearly two weeks ago, according to the department.

The closed refineries have caused a drawdown in existing fuel inventories to help meet demand.

U.S. gasoline stocks fell 5.9 million barrels last week to just under 179 million barrels, down almost 19 million barrels from a year ago, according department's Energy Information Administration.

That leaves the United States with the lowest fuel stocks since 1967, when America's gasoline demand was just 5 million barrels a day, almost half its current daily consumption of 9 million, the EIA said

Since Gustav struck at the beginning of the month, 52 million barrels of petroleum products have been lost at Gulf Coast refineries, according to Reuters data.

"Continuing reports of spot shortages of gasoline at some retail outlets where supplies have been most disrupted can be expected over the next several weeks," the EIA said in its weekly review of the oil market.

To help ensure adequate supplies and ease pump prices, the Environmental Protection Agency late on Tuesday waived federal clean air requirements for gasoline sold in Atlanta and surrounding counties in Georgia.

Gasoline prices nationwide have dropped as more refineries resumed operations. The EIA said retail gasoline costs may fall to $3.50 per gallon, "if not lower," by the end of the year, as long as there are no further supply disruptions.

81911SC
09-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I waited 40 mins for gas just north of Charlotte. 12 miles and no gas in sight. Finally found one, waited 40 mins with cops directing traffic. ugh

aguynamedpat
09-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Hmm.. Good article, but I dont know how to take it haha.

At least we dont have to get the special gas right now, that should help out a lot. Im glad I live roughly 1 mile from my work. I just drive to work and back, and I dont leave Gwinnett anymore due to this crap.

Deke
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
There was finally gas in some of the gas stations in midtown Atlanta. And actually weren't really any lines. Granted I got it at 11:30 at night and the prices were kind of outrageous (I think I paid 4.59 for premium). But I'm not riding around on a quarter tank of gas anymore.